Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What you gonna do, brave investigators!?

Look for Dafeng
Deliver report
(option for non-playas so they can see votes too ;v)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 99

Author Topic: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread! DED  (Read 87799 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem on Forums 6 (FEF6), OOC Thread!
« Reply #255 on: July 04, 2016, 06:42:01 pm »

Oskar (probably) can't move, so Arnold should be fine to just stand right out of range, and, assuming the way my AS works out that he can't actually double me, I think the the easiest and simplest plan is just for Gregory to move up two squares away from Oskar (just inside his attack range) Oskar will attack Gregory and Arnold can just keep healing him as Gregory kills him with counter attacks. Friderick can get ready to vuln Seig if needed. Unfortunately Arnor can't heal Seig because he's too close to Oskar. But it's possible that Gregory defeats Oskar before we even need to vuln Seig. Also I'm fairly sure Oskar can't crit Gregory, which means if he can't double him ether... There's pretty much a 100% chance that A Gregory that is healed every turn by Arnor eventually wins.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
  • loveless power is abusive powerless love is anemic
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 04, 2016, 06:56:43 pm »

That's nice and simple, of course. I'm just wary of risking a double KO before we know how Oskar behaves. Although I won't order anyone around, I'd like to hear from Haspen (about Gregory's AS) and the other two players before I endorse the "Gung-ho Gregory" strategy.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 04, 2016, 07:11:56 pm »

Yeah. I want confirmation on the AS thing as well before I go (which is why I've not gone yet).

Also right, I asked Haspen earlier if Oskar moves, and he confirmed that Oskar does not move.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 04, 2016, 07:14:02 pm »

Only point I have is I agree with the plan that doesn't waste vulns cause there's no real reason to waste vulns on a pretty easy map like this

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 04, 2016, 07:27:51 pm »

Also right, I asked Haspen earlier if Oskar moves, and he confirmed that Oskar does not move.
That's a little strange, but alright. Oskar must be a very stoic dude.

Only point I have is I agree with the plan that doesn't waste vulns cause there's no real reason to waste vulns on a pretty easy map like this
Yeah. It's been my distinct impression that vulns should be conserved. If we go with "Gung-ho Gregory", but Gregory misses his counters, then I should still be able to dive in to save Siegfried, so that plan is not necessarily any worse in that particular regard, FWIW.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 04, 2016, 07:32:14 pm »

Bosses not moving sometimes is just how fire emblem works I guess.

We could just hang back for a turn and let you walk up and heal Sieg to get him out of range, and then go with 'gunho' Greg. Or, do a mix, I move up, then move back if I miss a counter in time for you to go heal Seig, then heal me next turn and I go back in.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 04, 2016, 07:43:30 pm »

Or, do a mix, I move up, then move back if I miss a counter in time for you to go heal Seig, then heal me next turn and I go back in.
That's what I'm talking about in my reply to Swordstar, so yes, that would probably work. Our soldier duo won't have anything useful to do, but perhaps they'll be willing to kick back and watch the ocean while Gregory does his zlorching little dance routine. This is how a Reich trooper fights!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:48:13 pm by Mopsy »

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 04, 2016, 07:52:37 pm »

Or just all charge. What could possibly go wrong? (The answer is nothing really)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 05, 2016, 12:06:37 am »

o wat

It can't go below 1? I wasn't aware that there was gm tinkered character sheets. If that's the cause, sure, I'll just... Walk right up, he'll attack me on his turn. I counter. I get healed. He attacks me, I get healed, etc etc until two of my counters hit. My two luck means he can't crit. Gee gee boyos.
AS cannot go below 0 as far as I know, and yes there are character sheets with battle-stats worked out for you linked in the OP of this thread.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Mopsy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 05, 2016, 06:21:37 am »

Or just all charge. What could possibly go wrong? (The answer is nothing really)
We're probably overthinking this horribly. Siegfried's surprise KO rattled us a bit, I suppose. I'm feeling a bit more confident today, so if darkpaladin109 and/or Criptfiend want to simply walk up to Oskar and bash him, I think that's fine. I'll be waiting for their actions, then either heal one of them or move closer to Siegfried.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 05, 2016, 09:00:43 am »

Got confirmation that I have AS 1. So I'm just going to attack, then just heal me and hopefully I'll kill him on the counter attack on his turn, if not can just heal me again and we'll try to counter again. Failing that I'll back off and we'll heal up Seig.

gg ez ez

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 05, 2016, 09:09:52 am »

Remember is best to not let death counter get down to one if it's possible to avoid. Also that you can't move after you attack unless you're mounted, etc

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 05, 2016, 09:14:47 am »

Ah, I wasn't aware the death counter didn't reset, in that case, if I miss my counter attack, I'll back off immediately and the healz can roll in.

Edit: Now people are telling me the counter does reset, in which case I don't see why it matters when it's not a case of random chance to heal.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 05, 2016, 09:16:09 am »

It does reset though.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 05, 2016, 09:44:49 am »

Said in irc, but will say here for general audience. It's less a specific instance here and more just that you don't want to get in the habit of leaving someone down for as long as possible
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 99