Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 102836 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #45 on: June 15, 2016, 12:35:26 pm »

While a nice explanation theory, Wind Waker happened in the other timeline that Link abandoned when he returned to his child age. The MM timeline leads to Twilight Princess instead
It's FEF, not FEOF

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 15, 2016, 12:36:32 pm »

That and OOT/MM Link did return to hyrule tho, since its confirmed by word of god that the hero's shade is the ghost of the hero of time, who actualy never became the hero of time because of OOT time shenaningas, and died without the triforce of courage, but came back as a ghost to train the new bearer of the triforce of courage, IE twilight princess' link.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 15, 2016, 12:37:10 pm »

..Timelines. They confuse and befuddle me. Baaah.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 15, 2016, 12:39:27 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 15, 2016, 12:50:23 pm »

I like how Spirit Tracks is kinda... there, with this new guy and tangential relationship with the rest of the timeline.
I'm imagining all the characters and villains are hanging out in an abstraction of the the timeline and ST!Link, Ghost Zelda and Malladus all shuffle in like "Hi, we're new," and everyone else stares at them and the train and all.
Black lives matter.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2016, 12:59:27 pm »

I like how Spirit Tracks is kinda... there, with this new guy and tangential relationship with the rest of the timeline.
I'm imagining all the characters and villains are hanging out in an abstraction of the the timeline and ST!Link, Ghost Zelda and Malladus all shuffle in like "Hi, we're new," and everyone else stares at them and the train and all.
And also, "Resurrected". Who even first killed Malladus to begin with, and why wasn't it Link? As much as I like some of Spirit Tracks, I can't say I care much for the final boss.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2016, 01:22:34 pm »

Obviously Alfonzo's ancestor shredded his face with the Spirit Train and then that one act was so badass the goddesses transferred the badassery to the rest of his descendants.
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 15, 2016, 02:24:13 pm »

I just watched the trailer a second time. It was too awesome just to watch once, but I should probably stop before I rupture my hype box. Has anybody ripped the music from it yet? I want to listen to that all the time.

Does anybody else really, really like the art direction? I still think that Twilight Princess looked the coolest out of the Zelda games, but this one looks really good too. I feel like it found a better median between TP and WW than Skyward Sword's kinda stunted colors.
And also, "Resurrected". Who even first killed Malladus to begin with, and why wasn't it Link? As much as I like some of Spirit Tracks, I can't say I care much for the final boss.
Poor ST Link. Man, the Adult timeline got kinda screwed, didn't it? Acclaimed but divisive Wind Waker, then two gimmicky mobile games that feel more like side games than anything. :I

There's no way this one is Adult Timeline, though, since
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I remember when I first played Skyward Sword and when I got to... Lanayru? I guessed that it was either the first in the timeline or some kind of post-apocalyptic future. Looks like I was five years too early on that second one.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 15, 2016, 02:29:54 pm »

Well there is 'new continent discovered' between boat game and train game. It could work.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2016, 02:39:10 pm »

You can kind of see something that looks like death mountain in one of the videos though (when link comes out of whatever place he was in at the start of the game, you can see something that looks exactly like death mountain on the distance, fume clouds included), so its prob not post windwaker after all, unless said new continent somehow has an exact copy of death mountain on it.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2016, 02:41:58 pm »

Well yeah there's a new continent in ST, but IIRC it was specifically confirmed that the western half of the map is OOT/TP Hyrule and the eastern half is LoZ/Adventure of Link Hyrule. Neither of which remotely resemble the Four Swords-ish Spirit Tracks map, which is neatly and boringly split into four quadrants, each with a uniform biome.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2016, 02:47:09 pm »

Oh, yeah. I'd forgotten what the ST map was.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2016, 05:42:24 pm »

The Master Sword has rust on it. ....

Edit: That is a BS reason for making Link right-handed, aonuma. Just leave him left-handed already!
Oh yeah I noticed that too but forgot to mention it. In this game your weapons can break, so you spend a lot of your time using looted weapons. Considering the Master Sword is all rusted and crappy perhaps late in the game you can reforge it into an ultimate weapon that doesn't actually break?

As for Link's handedness, it doesn't bother me whether he's left or right handed, what bothers me is when he changes handedness for no reason. If you swing a sword with your left hand you're going to draw a bow with your left hand, not your right. Speaking of that, he seems decidedly right handed here since he swings his sword and draws the bow with his right hand. A nice attention to detail I'd like to point out is when he's using a bow on horseback. He actually turns around and rides the horse backwards when aiming the bow to his right, since a right handed person cannot fire a bow on their right side. This is the first time I've seen a game handle the problem in this way. (E: On the flip side I've seen him draw the bow while holding it diagonally which would just make your shot less powerful... but, rule of cool I suppose).
Quote from: people
Master sword lost its power and stuff
I still haven't gotten around to seeing all the videos (I will get around to it >__>) but I heard this takes place in a more technological world where magic is either lost, unknown, or doesn't really exist? If that's the case then perhaps as magic left the world (assuming it was there to begin with) so did the magic that was imbued within the Master Sword?
Legend of Zelda timeline
Nope, nope nope nope nope
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 05:44:11 pm by OzyTheSage »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2016, 05:48:04 pm »

Either way, I really like the look of it. I do genuinely want it to try and be a bit more dark, more mature, but not just going for the very gothic style of TP. Link's outfit kind of reminds me of the Fierce Deity form, for some reason..?
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 15, 2016, 05:49:13 pm »

Legend of Zelda timeline
Nope, nope nope nope nope
A reasonable (but boring) response to the topic!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 69