Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [SG] Pokemon Tactics: A Misunderstanding  (Read 3476 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[SG] Pokemon Tactics: A Misunderstanding
« on: June 02, 2016, 10:12:46 pm »

Pokemon Tactics

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)

One day, Bulbasaur was sitting in his forest home, admiring the trees.

Wow, thought Bulbasaur. I should really get a job!

So he left his ripped background home and left for the city, carrying his only possession: an Oran Berry.

On his way, he encountered a suspicious-looking Weedle. As Bulbasaur would soon find out, this Weedle was one of the Bug Bandits.

"Hey, you!" said the Weedle, who was known to all as Weedle A. To his friends, the A stood for "Awesome"; to his foes, it stood for "Awful".

"Yeah?"

"Your money or your life!"

"I'm flat broke, actually; I'm trying to find a job."

"Well, give me that Oran Berry you're carrying, then!"

Bulbasaur shed a single tear—he was being held up for his Oran Berry, a heirloom from his late grandfather!

"I'll never give up my Oran Berry!" Bulbasaur shouted, believing himself to be more than a match for his nameless opponent.

"Well, we'll take it from you, then! Along with your life!"

This word—"we'll"—had Bulbasaur quaking in his (nonexistent) boots. If there were more of them, they could be hiding anywhere! In that bush; behind those rocks; across the river—

"They are not." And Bulbasaur knew it was true, for, suddenly, he could see all—

"Wh-What? Who are you? What did you do?"

"I am Yrreb Naro, a slumbering god. As you have chosen to protect me, I will deign to give you my blessing: limited omniscience, known by some as Strategic View!"

"Oh, wow! A blessing? Those bandits don't stand a chance, now!"

"Well, my blessing did not actually make you any stronger, so... You might be better off just running away. If that is what you wish to do, go to those yellow-shaded tiles up north."

"Wow, really? I'm not even any stronger? Your blessing is pretty lame."

"It's better than nothing, which is what you deserve—and what you'll have, if you keep talking back! Now, knock out the bandits or flee north; I care not which! But do not let me fall into their hands, or you will pay in the afterlife!"

Spoiler: Yrreb's Advice (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 10:57:21 am by Elephant Parade »

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokemon Tactics [SG]
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 10:13:15 pm »

Reserved.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 10:13:52 pm »

Also reserved, just in case.

MeimieFan88

• Bay Watcher
  • owoing around~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2016, 12:06:17 am »

Move to C4!
Thou art the very love with which I love thee.
Ear teeth

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 12:34:49 am »

C4
Tackle Weedle A

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 12:51:26 am »

this is gr8, ptw
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2016, 12:55:52 am »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 06:03:46 am »

PTW
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 11:03:14 am »

C4
Tackle Weedle A
+1
+1
Woah, woah, woah! I just asked for a destination—aren't you getting a little bit ahead of yourselves?

...You aren't upset about that "experienced tacticians" comment, are you? Well, if you are, too bad; a god never apologizes!

"Bulbasaur! Move to C4!"

"Why?"

"It is part of my plan, and my plans always work! Just trust me!"

"Fine, I guess."

"What next?"

"Next, you spend a few hours sitting in that bush while I talk to the tacticians!"

"...What?"

"Never mind—just stay put!"

Spoiler: Yrreb's Advice - Moves (click to show/hide)

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 11:45:31 am »

Tackle A
Metaphysically tackle Yrreb Naro to flip him over.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2016, 11:48:38 am »

Woah, woah, woah! I just asked for a destination—aren't you getting a little bit ahead of yourselves?

...You aren't upset about that "experienced tacticians" comment, are you?
First point, no not really. You are just slow. And we will choose that attack either way, I'd wager.
Second point, well we certainly aren't as petty as others, but we might just care enought to mess with you ;3

On another note - having those bushes in an upper layer / having the pokemon under them, is a real nice touch.

As hinted by our unspeakable benefactor, Vine Whip won't do us much good against Bugs.

While having regeneration from Leech Seed, is not a bad thing, our first priority should be to reduce the number of our opponents. If all three of them surround us, having that bit of regeneration won't do us any good. To the same end, wasting a Growl on a single weedle, isn't in our favour either.

TLDR; Tackle is still our best option. Tackle the Weedle on C3!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2016, 07:33:53 pm »

Metaphysically tackle Yrreb Naro to flip him over.
This dimensional link only allows for communication, not physical interaction. You should be glad for that, heathen! Who would try to tackle a god?

First point, no not really. You are just slow. And we will choose that attack either way, I'd wager.
It is possible that I have misjudged you; you may, in fact, have some tactical experience. Still, I doubt that the same goes for most of the others—and I know that Bulbasaur is not yet at even your level.

Quote from: UNANIMOUS VOICES
Tackle Weedle A (C3)
Congratulations—you have selected my choice, and thus the best choice!

"I have returned, Bulbasaur. Thank you for staying put."

"Uh... You're welcome, I guess? You were only gone for a few seconds."

"Is that so? Odd. Perhaps the flow of—actually, now is not the time. Bulbasaur, use Tackle on that Weedle to the left of you."

"Vine Whip is is more powerful—"

"—And yet it is weaker against this foe. Different moves excel in different situations, Bulbasaur; you should know this. Did you not grow up in a forest—a deadly den of beasts?"

"Uh, most of the "beasts"—calling a Pokemon that is pretty rude, by the way—were pretty friendly, actually."

"Hmph! You are even softer than I thought! But I digress; we must carry out the next step of my plan!"

"I actually forgot what you wanted me to do. I'd apologize, but it's pretty clearly your fault."

"Bulbasaur, I had asked you to use Tackle on Weedle A."

"Right."

Spoiler: Attack Info (click to show/hide)

"What do I do now?"

"Nothing; your turn has ended, and so you must rest. It is time for the enemy to act, now."

Enemy Phase 1

"P-Please, spare me! I thought you were just some traveller—if I had known you were a maniac, I'd never have tried to rob you! "

"Uh, what? I'm not a maniac. I'm just a job-hunter."

"Wh-Why were you talking to yourself, then?"

"I wasn't! This Oran Berry is actually a slumbering god; when you threatened me, it woke up and granted me omni—"

"S-Sure! Fine! You were talking to your god! Whatever! Just don't kill me!"

Weedle A passes his turn, sobbing.

Spoiler: Yrreb's Advice (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fruits of Omniscience (click to show/hide)

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2016, 08:52:37 pm »

He's our friend now. We will wrap his neck in a Vine Whip and drag him along with us like some sort of pet.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2016, 09:33:15 pm »

He's our friend now. We will wrap his neck in a Vine Whip and drag him along with us like some sort of pet.

+1, and PTW
Pages: [1] 2 3