Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 128

Author Topic: Mainpiston 2.0: Epilouge  (Read 189287 times)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mainpiston: Mission 1: The Idiot Express.
« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2016, 09:30:36 pm »

Right so I was talking to renegade over IRC and realized that I kinda forgot to mention that the daemons are on the entire EM wavelength mostly in radio though they are fairly weak there and visual, this includes the visual spectrum where they can be summonund and infused into paintings or other drawings, for example using a ton of paint to paint a sharks head onto the fighter and rolling well during a dive would let you dive into a bomber and use the shark head to tear it to pieces without sacrificing you plane or slow it down so that boarding is easier. Or having a tattoo of a knife on you hand and using that to suddenly summon a knife during a fight. Things like that. Sorry I didn't realize this earlier I could have introduced it better. Yes I know vibrations and sound are different from EM radiation however the daemons don't really care about that.Why? you ask it's because they are daemons and break psychics. Because they are dicks like that. Think of them like a radio, they can convert vibrations into EM signals and vice versa so that's why they still have resonance and yet also can be summoned by EM radiation though visual stuff is the most likely to actually work.

So to summarize you can now mess with daemons through paintings and vibrations as well as using radio waves.

The downside to the painting daemons is they don't stick around as long as the sonic daemons they will fade after a single use and must be reapplied.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 10:35:20 am by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 17, 2016, 09:32:32 pm »

Varion asks in that tired voice only a parent tired of their kids shot makes looking at grue
Grue. What happened?
This is why we don't mess with daemons, GO FIND SOME HOLY WATER OR SOMETHING
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 17, 2016, 10:24:11 pm »

Damian comes rushing from his bunk when he hears the screeching, a manic look in his eye and his daemon kit in his hand, his medic kit slung over one shoulder.

"Daemon! I heard a daemon! I can do this! I have the kit!"

Think of ways to perform a quick and easy binding or controlling ritual to tame the daemon or think of some way to banish this daemon. Or to bind it to something lIke a quickly painted image of a sword on my hand. Oh, or to make it become a daemon infused hardsuit. Then do whichever one is more effective but still relatively quick in order to reduce the possibility of crewmembers getting injured or killed. If the binding or taming succeeds and somebody tries to damage my new toy, give them an injection of sedative to the carotid artery.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 03:57:41 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 17, 2016, 10:29:14 pm »

Damian comes rushing from his bunk when he hears the screeching, a manic look in his eye and his daemon kit in his hand.

"Daemon! I heard a daemon! I can do this! I have the kit!"

Find a quick and easy binding or controlling ritual to tame the daemon or find some way to banish this daemon or bind it to something.
((I volunteer my knife to this))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2016, 10:33:49 pm »

((If anything, I'd use my knife. But I kinda just want to paint a sword or something on my hand incase I lose my knife. I could still infuse a daemon for your knife later. If I manage to be more proficient at this than medicine, anyway. I'd much rather bind or control the Daemon so we have a golem.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 17, 2016, 10:55:12 pm »

Name: Izalis
Description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Izzie! Your friendly Mechanic and Fixer. Fixes Everything and Everyone.

Stats
Strength: -1
Intelligence: +2
Dexterity: -1
Resilience: +1
Perception: -1
Charisma: -1

Skills
Piloting: -3
Marksmanship: -3
Daemonism: -3
Doctor: +3
Beast mastery: -3
Engineering: +3

Inventory:
Light medical kit
Light engineering kit
spanner
aviators clothing / Jumpsuits!

+ Frying Pan & cooking gear.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 10:58:02 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 17, 2016, 11:04:04 pm »

((If anything, I'd use my knife. But I kinda just want to paint a sword or something on my hand incase I lose my knife. I could still infuse a daemon for your knife later. If I manage to be more proficient at this than medicine, anyway. I'd much rather bind or control the Daemon so we have a golem.))
((you're choice dude))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 18, 2016, 12:04:03 am »

This should help if you guys are confused about were you are on the plane.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 18, 2016, 12:19:58 am »

"Alright.
Who the fuck brought a Demon on board?! I'll fucking tear your neck out!"

Violently rip apart the Demon with a chainsaw before anyone can foolishly try to tame it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 12:36:20 am by Egan_BW »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 18, 2016, 12:21:56 am »

Do I spawn on the plane? Also how do I make grenades?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 18, 2016, 12:33:02 am »

((Good plan, but the daemon is actually part of the plane, specifically the bow turret right now. If the banishment doesn't work, I'd say rip it to shreds. I'll be unloading shot shells into it if it doesn't.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 18, 2016, 12:36:06 am »

((Given that I rolled a 5 for dex a turn before you even started, I think I'll be acting first. And I don't care about any plans, I just want to kill it.))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 18, 2016, 12:40:05 am »

((Fine by me!  :) ))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 18, 2016, 12:41:12 am »

Do I spawn on the plane? Also how do I make grenades?

Yes you spawn on the plane and you make grenades using what's in your medical kit and what's stored in the plane for right now which is currently ether, oxygen, (liquid as well) gasoline and finely crushed coal dust.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 11:16:13 am by MidnightJaguar »

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 18, 2016, 12:54:11 am »

Do we have bottles lying around for molotov cocktails? Can I make steel cases for grenades proper?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 128