Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: The Second Son (IC thread) (Issue #1: Farfield, Page 2: Kleptomania )  (Read 9283 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Star knew a time to get out when she saw one.

"My mistake, enjoy your vehicle!" she says, hurling herself out of the car, rolling to her feet, and immediately dashing for the beverage transport. She really hopes its owner isn't equally attached, or she's likely going to end up on foot.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Pretend or pretend to pretend. Johnathan thought to himself, still unsure about what he was about to do. With a nod and a "Lets try." he lunged forward at William. Unsure of Williams strength, it wouldn't do for a fake punch to actually splatter him across the ground, Johnathans arms shot out, trying to grab the mans arms and pull him in!

Attempt to Wrestle William. [10]

A short scuffle proves that Johnathan is far stronger physically than William-he would have no trouble overpowering him in a straight fight. William seems to skilled in fighting (Perhaps even more so than John), but he's clearly outmatched...then again, he doesn't seem to be using his Stoneheart granted powers, yet...

After a time, when the fight has gone on long enough to catch the attention of any potential watchers, William near loses his temper...striking at John with a tendril something terribly cold and dark, emanating from his arm...it retracts after a moment, but...

"...I can't...don't drag this out..." William says quietly, opening himself up for a knockout blow. It occurs to Johnathan they young man might rather die than succumb to his violent urges...surely, such a man is too weak to hold the power of the Stoneheart...and it would be a mercy, to relieve him of it.

Spoiler: Johnathan Block (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: William (click to show/hide)

Radia notes that his voice seems different. Hm.

"I've definitely considered the possibility that I might have chosen to be here. Thing is, the world not wanting me doesn't seem like the kind of thing that'd cause me to choose to lose my memory or whatever happened. I don't know the real context, and I get the distinct sense you're not going to tell me. And beyond that, I have no guarantee that you're not just bullshitting to stall until your backup gets here, or that you haven't asked this before and don't know exactly how this conversation is going to go."

"At this point, you usually run." He sighs. "And, sometimes we catch you...or, we don't, but you come back anyway.

Well. I suppose you can surrender. You've done that a few times...but, those other times, you chose to come back here...I can promise you won't be harmed, if you come peacefully. That's why you're here-because we didn't want to hurt you. We can give you all the answers you're looking for. I can also promise you won't like the answers you find. But, your nature compels you to find the truth, does it not?

Your only other choice is either continue this meaningless search-there are no holes in Farfield to escape from-or, otherwise compel me and my allies to aid you against our will.

Make your choice, ma'am."

Star knew a time to get out when she saw one.

"My mistake, enjoy your vehicle!" she says, hurling herself out of the car, rolling to her feet, and immediately dashing for the beverage transport. She really hopes its owner isn't equally attached, or she's likely going to end up on foot.
Lillian stands resolute, but she also backs off slowly and with her hands exposed to present that she was holding nothing, to reduce the threat she presented to Miss Fleich. Her tone of voice is no longer as flighty and soft as it was prior, but quiet, yet commanding.

She needed to make sure Miss Fleich didn't see her as a threat. The more she could ensure she didn't see her as one, the less likely it would be that the situation would escalate. She didn't have all the pieces of information, true, especially about whatever this phenomena was, but she didn't exactly have time to mount a full investigation into it all.

So, she was stalling for time until something came up that she could use. And filing this one away for future reference.
"Please, calm down Miss Fleich. I can assure you that this has been a huge misunderstanding. Nobody needs to be blown to pieces and you do not need to blow anyone to pieces. We will return your vehicle immediately. Nobody needs to be hurt."

In case she disagrees, Lillian signals her mayor to move out of the way. In case Miss Fleich DOES snap, Lillian prepares to dodge out of the way into a suitable position for her to put on her armor.
>Ideally, I would not have needed to put it on yet, but the situation is getting increasingly dangerous, for bystanders as well as ourselves. I may need to subdue her, but that is the worst case scenario. I hope someone comes up with something.....<
Wymond looked again between Miss Fleich and the mayor, but this time took a glance at Lillian too.
He opened his mouth, and managed to start speaking after only a couple seconds. "Uh... uhm, Miss Fleich, the Lady Mayor took your moun-- automobile, I think, for some of the reasons that you are feeling angry yourself. See... a couple of people including her and I," Wymond would let Lillian chime in there if she wished, "Have noticed things that just don't make sense here, and... I mean, the mayor mentioned things being irregular herself. We think... that Farfield isn't quite right, and that even is why you came to my shop -- you said that there was a... noise that you could not stop noticing. All of these things not making sense... you're not the only one to notice this, Miss Fleich, and it is my belief that the mayor may be acting off of that herself."

Miss Fleich seems more calmed by Green Star leaving her vehicle than any verbal argument. Getting behind the wheel of her car calms her down immensely, for some reason.

She does listen closely to Wymond, speaking to him from the seat of her car, without directly facing him.

"...I suppose that makes a deal of sense. It's...you don't want to be thought of as a mad-person..." She says abruptly. "I'm sorry for losing my temper...It's...I....need some time to process all this...also, no matter what the truth is...I don't want my house to burn down because I forgot the roast." She says firmly...and, sadly. Another effect of 'waking up'...bouts of melancholy.

"...You obviously have work to do...as well? Maybe there will be time later for...explanations?" She asks hesitantly.

Our mayor does, in fact, find the milk truck unoccupied. Keys in the ignition, of course. The man might be buying lunch in the nearby corner store...

((OOC: Sorry Gig, I need a little more time to work on yours!))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Second Son (IC thread) (Issue #1: Farfield, Page 2: Kleptomania )
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2016, 11:37:21 am »

Eins pouted at the fact she wasn't lauded as their true lord and master (Lordess and mistress?) immediately, and sulkily turned to Zwei.

"Hummph! Come on, Zwei. Let's go."

With an aristocratic sniff and upturned nose, she swiftly ascended the ladder to the blimp.

The climb is quite long, in fact, and despite the fact her arms don't get tired she might still be quite grumpy by the time she gets to the top...

The place she ascends to is something like a fancy living room, empty of any one else-comfy couches, big tables, even a fireplace and a mantle-over which is mounted the head of something that looks a cross between a fish and a woman, albeit with sharp teeth, scales, and scary slitted-eyes. That's not the only head...there are also weapons on the walls-huge firearms of various ages, swords, spears, axes etc-and various artifacts scattered about the somewhat grisly trophies...from who knows where!

She might choose to examine these, but yet another written pamphlet seems to call her attention.

Ummm...

~PLEASE FILL IN THIS QUESTIONNAIRE! WE MUST DETERMINE IF YOU HAVE SUFFERED TEMPORAL SHOCK!
#2 PENCILS HAVE BEEN PROVIDED
MAKE SURE TO BUBBLE IN EACH ANSWER COMPLETELY

1. Have you now or have you ever been a member of the Osirion Imperium? (Yes) (No) (I was, but am currently evading arrest due to defection. Please report me to the local-trans dimensional authorities.)
2. What is your favorite flavor of cookie? (Chocolate) (Vanilla) (Arsenic) (I don't like cookies.)
3. Choose the trait that best describes you. (Bratty) (Annoying) (Pain in the ass)
4. Who is your favorite family member? (Mother) (Father) (Sister) (Alternate-reality Twin)
5. Do you enjoy anime? (Yes) (No) (^_^)
6. What is your political affiliation? (Demonicracy) (Tyranny) (Nihilisocracy) (Praise the Osirion Imperium) (I don't like politics)
7. Would you like to go home? (No) (Yes) (Ask me later)
8. If you had to choose to eat a body part to keep from starving, which would it be? (Arm) (Leg) (Nilbog) (Head)
9. What do you most enjoy having for breakfast? (Cereal shaped like dinosaurs) (Cereal shaped like christmas trees) (Toast and butter) (The Smell of Napalm)
10. Are you pleased with this test? (Yes)

It occurs Eins and Zwei that there seems to be no direct egress from this room. Even the hatch they ascended through seems to have vanished.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 11:38:52 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2016, 01:38:49 pm »

Einslysia flumped onto a couch with a dramatic sigh, closing her eyes.

"Urrrgh! I hate questionaires!"
She took up the questionaire - noting it seemed to be the only one, and gave it a quick once-over, pouting once more at some of the unflattering answers. For those, she scribbled her own in.

1... (no)
2... (chocolate)
3... (Amazing/ great)
She considered that one, then underlined it.
She thought about it, then left that one blank for later.

"Hey, Zwei. You know what anime is, right?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2016, 02:00:18 pm »

"Hey, Zwei. You know what anime is, right?"

"Kawaii desu ne!"

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2016, 02:08:15 pm »

Eins regarded Zwei slightly for a moment, then slowly circled "no".

"Moving right along..."

7: (yes), as long as she was the benevolent tyrant in charge.
8: she doesn't have a nilbog (goblin?), unless Zwei counted, so she wouldn't miss it if she ate it. (nilbog)
9: (cereal shaped like dinosaurs), obviously, because they didn't look like trees!
10: (no) she scribbled next to the yes and circled it.

"Done!" she called loudly, tossing the sheet into the air roughly tablewards and flopping back onto the couch.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2016, 02:27:20 pm »

Star circles the lumbering vehicle around, calling out to her friends.

"You guys seem a little more involved now, so if you want in we'd better hurry. If you want to talk me out of this you'd better hurry with that too."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2016, 02:34:01 pm »

"Where are you going, anyway?"
Lillian briskly walks towards Emerald Star, dusting herself off and regaining her composure.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 27, 2016, 02:50:32 pm »

Johnathan ground his teeth in frustration. Williams weakness probably wasn't putting on a good show for whomever was watching, and it seemed possible that he'd be more of a liability than a help if they had to fight the mysterious forces that were controlling this town. Or at least, that's how Johnathan justified his actions to himself as he quickly stepped forward into open guard, striking at him with a fist carrying real force for once! A blow meant to stun the young man, maybe knock him out!

As Johnathans right fist flew at the man, his left arm reached out to hopefully grab William as he fell, softening his landing on the ground if he took the punch particularly badly, it wouldn't do to have him crack his head on a rock after Johnathan went though all this to try to not harm him overly much. Johnathan would lower William to the ground, and kneel down besides him, acting as if the short fight had injured and wounded him. If anyone was watching, waiting for a chance to spring and take down both men, hopefully they would see now that as their chance! If not... Well. Johnathan would be quite close to the stoneheart fragment, and William might not be in a position to stop Johnathan if he tried anything.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 27, 2016, 03:31:43 pm »

"Where are you going, anyway?"
Lillian briskly walks towards Emerald Star, dusting herself off and regaining her composure.
"Wherever the garbage vehicle is heading. Which was towards the docks, but otherwise I suppose I'll find out when I get there."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2016, 03:33:18 pm »

".....may I come with you? I remember one of my students saying something about being in the area then, and I was going to check up on her. There have been strange occurrences of late that concern me and her safety is paramount."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2016, 03:39:26 pm »

"Certainly, though to be honest this is a terrible plan."

She glanced at Wymond. "How about you? Staying here where it's relatively safe or picking a fight with the garbage grabbers?"

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2016, 03:40:52 pm »

"I hadn't intended on anything but a check-up. Do you believe that there may be a confrontation?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2016, 03:43:48 pm »

Star winces. "I... may have been contemplating flipping their vehicle and shaking information out of them. You could probably hide in the bushes if I decide that's a good idea when we get there."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2016, 04:10:23 pm »

"I'm hardly going to cower in a safe space. If I must be put into danger to make things that are wrong right, then that is precisely what I am going to do."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8