Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: The Second Son (IC thread) (Issue #1: Farfield, Page 2: Kleptomania )  (Read 9303 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

"Right! Just allow me to retrieve something!"
Wymond darted into his back room, and after not be a couple of seconds came out with his "shield", and began to charge towards the door. "Onwards! Let us pursue that thief!""

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Lillian nods and leads the way, towards where she heard the car going. She nearly instinctively transforms, before realising it might blow her cover.
>No. Later.<
"We should be off then."

She walks surprisingly quick, even in that dress and with a walking stick and picnic basket.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Quick Updates for Ironicowl+Powder Minor+Elftraitor

Well, this is awkward.

Green Star notes the people coming to pound her into a guilty pulp are, in fact, her friends. Likewise, the two Heroes note that their mayor has turned into a car-stealing scoundrel.

Surely, they'll work this out between them...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Ahahaha, I can explain!" Star chuckles nervously on seeing her friends, as embarrassed by her terrible plan as its larceny. "You see, there was a garbage grabbing vehicle, and it was in a terrible hurry, and I'm in a terrible hurry, so this was a terrible idea but I felt like today was the day to make something happen and this seems very irregular so...

...you should probably just go back inside, but if you're also in a hurry we might need to steal a different vehicle anyway. I saw a milk transport?"
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Wait. What do you mean irregular?"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"The garbage collection vehicle came speeding past, knocking over the garbage they were supposed to collect! Very unorthodox."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Was there anything unusual about the truck itself? Did you see anything?"

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"...at the very least, I beseech you not to steal Miss Fleich's car. She's been having a bad enough day already, I'm afraid."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

"Was there anything unusual about the truck itself? Did you see anything?"
"No, regular garbage grabber as far as I could tell."

"...at the very least, I beseech you not to steal Miss Fleich's car. She's been having a bad enough day already, I'm afraid."
Star looks sheepishly towards the beverage hauler.

"Well... I was hoping to go fast, they're getting away. I suppose I could take a less missed vehicle, but it's not like she really needs it, right?"

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Well... I was hoping to go fast, they're getting away. I suppose I could take a less missed vehicle, but it's not like she really needs it, right?"

Miss Fleich speaks up.

"How else am I going to get home?! I have a roast in the oven! You fiend! I regret ever voting for you!" She says, seemingly getting even angrier. In fact, her eyes begin glowing a supernatural red as if to prove this. Hmm...this isn't the way to win your re-election campaign...
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wymond rapidly looked between Miss Fleich and the mayor. "She-- she did ride the automobile here, Lady Mayor, so that does mean she needs it to get back."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lillian gets between the mayor and Miss Fleich, hands outstretched to keep them both apart.
"Hold, please. We'll give you your vehicle back. This has been a grave misunderstanding. I apologise on her behalf."
She prepares to put her armor on if necessary; her rifle was folded up in a small compartment within her picnic basket, with non-lethal ammunition, but ideally, she wouldn't need to fire nor indeed put on her armor at all. Not yet at least.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lillian gets between the mayor and Miss Fleich, hands outstretched to keep them both apart.
"Hold, please. We'll give you your vehicle back. This has been a grave misunderstanding. I apologise on her behalf."
She prepares to put her armor on if necessary; her rifle was folded up in a small compartment within her picnic basket, with non-lethal ammunition, but ideally, she wouldn't need to fire nor indeed put on her armor at all. Not yet at least.

Willpower test
Miss Fleich (6)+[1d5=5]=11
vs
Lillian (8)+[1d6=1] 9

"...No, I will not calm down! None of this makes any sense! Why would the mayor try and steal my car in the first place? Why would I come here when I had to cook dinner, just to smash a valuable piece of crystal I didn't even pay for?! I like visiting Wymond, but he's not the only reason! Why would she be chasing garbagemen anyway! I don't have any of the answers and it's making me...very...ANGRY!"

She points to Green Star threateningly, and now the red nimbus from her eyes, seems to have spread over her entire body-deep, dark, blood red with tiny lightning bolts shooting off.

"...You better move out of my way, or I'll...I'll...blow you to pieces! I mean it!"

That most of the sleepy citizens of Farfield seem to have this sort of buried rage is...not entirely unfamiliar to our Heroes...they've dealt with this before.

Green Star feels a buzzing note vibrating her whole body, like someone struck her with a tuning fork...and it's getting worse every second...it seems hostilities are imminent, unless someone can calm her down...or maybe just get out of her way...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 12:07:30 pm by Dwarmin »

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Lillian stands resolute, but she also backs off slowly and with her hands exposed to present that she was holding nothing, to reduce the threat she presented to Miss Fleich. Her tone of voice is no longer as flighty and soft as it was prior, but quiet, yet commanding.

She needed to make sure Miss Fleich didn't see her as a threat. The more she could ensure she didn't see her as one, the less likely it would be that the situation would escalate. She didn't have all the pieces of information, true, especially about whatever this phenomena was, but she didn't exactly have time to mount a full investigation into it all.

So, she was stalling for time until something came up that she could use. And filing this one away for future reference.
"Please, calm down Miss Fleich. I can assure you that this has been a huge misunderstanding. Nobody needs to be blown to pieces and you do not need to blow anyone to pieces. We will return your vehicle immediately. Nobody needs to be hurt."

In case she disagrees, Lillian signals her mayor to move out of the way. In case Miss Fleich DOES snap, Lillian prepares to dodge out of the way into a suitable position for her to put on her armor.
>Ideally, I would not have needed to put it on yet, but the situation is getting increasingly dangerous, for bystanders as well as ourselves. I may need to subdue her, but that is the worst case scenario. I hope someone comes up with something.....<
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 12:07:15 pm by IamanElfCollaborator »

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wymond looked again between Miss Fleich and the mayor, but this time took a glance at Lillian too.
He opened his mouth, and managed to start speaking after only a couple seconds. "Uh... uhm, Miss Fleich, the Lady Mayor took your moun-- automobile, I think, for some of the reasons that you are feeling angry yourself. See... a couple of people including her and I," Wymond would let Lillian chime in there if she wished, "Have noticed things that just don't make sense here, and... I mean, the mayor mentioned things being irregular herself. We think... that Farfield isn't quite right, and that even is why you came to my shop -- you said that there was a... noise that you could not stop noticing. All of these things not making sense... you're not the only one to notice this, Miss Fleich, and it is my belief that the mayor may be acting off of that herself."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8