Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: The Second Son (IC thread) (Issue #1: Farfield, Page 2: Kleptomania )  (Read 9314 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile

Wymond looked at Lillian, then at Anne's eyes, and then frustratedly at the wall, mentally cursing himself, before he stepped around the counter to help pick up the crystal. "It's... erm, don't worry about the cost."

Taking shards of crystal in his hand, he looked at Lillian again while out of view of Anne, jerking his eyes towards Anne and back to Lillian with a shrug and a questioning look, mouthing "any ideas"?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Lillian nods briefly to Anne, as if to say "Wait until she leaves".

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

One last question: when he house was said to be "open", does that mean the first floor is visible from the second floor, or is the house more two rooms stacked on top of each other?

((Pretty much two rooms on top of one another.))
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Alright then. Plan forming. Probably a stupid plan, but it's better than no plan, and leaving anyone behind is not so much the bad thing to do as not an option at all.

Get up to the second floor and away from any windows and the stairs. Going to block off doors would be ineffective and just get Radia in range of their weapons. Then, wait for them, ready to fire a light blast.

There'd be more explanation of the plan, but everyone knows a plan's odds of working are inversely proportional to how much is explained to the viewer :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Star waves back at Jeremiah. No need to be rude just because she's a little baffled and uncertain at the moment.

Well... she wanted results, and this technically counts. She supposes she should go follow them, but is that the scientific side of her talking or the angry at being melted side? She's not entirely sure.

...she's not too sure how she's going to track or catch up with them in the first place, either. Running or driving really fast and persistence, she supposes. This town isn't that big...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Kansa

• Bay Watcher
  • Distant Traces of Beauty
    • View Profile

Jack stared at the abandoned things, his mind working as he saw the state of it. This couldn't have happened, Lilly wouldn't have left everything like this and he doubted that she would have left in the first place. Something was wrong, something had happened. The beginning of worry crept onto his real face and began looking over the things that she had left. The artist stood there for a while, his eyes darting amongst the possessions. Eventually after a while of this Jack went to the side of the ship, looking out across the water as he tried to get his thoughts in order.

He stared at the moving waves for a while, his mind trying to think of a solution to this mess. Eventually he turned around, now studying the other people on the street. Someone must have seen something, she couldn't have just vanished into thin air. All he had to do was ask someone. Slowly Jack exited the ship and for a moment simply stood there, taking in a deep breath as he tried to settle himself. Finally he moved and approached someone, the illusion taking care of all the worry he was feeling about both the talking and the whole situation. Though it was possible he was overcompensating slightly.
"Hello. Have you seen..." he gave the passer-by a description of Lilly, hoping that they would at least know something.
* greatorder smothers Kansa with earwax

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wymond nodded back to Lillian and then cleared his throat. "Eh-hm, Miss Fleich, don't let me burden you here; please, feel free to go about your day. I'm sure you've got better things to do today, but I'm in here for most of the day anyway, and I have got plenty of idle time in the day to pick this up without any disadvantage."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

Johnathan watched the young man as he talked, slowly nodding as he stood back from the man. When he gets to the end of his spiel he spoke up "Aye son. That it does, that it does." Fighting some darker instincts Johnathan asked William "How long have you known? About this... town." Johnathan gestures vaguely at everything and nothing with a sweep of his arm "and these?" he says, pointing with his right hand towards Williams pocket. "It seems like you and me, we've got a lot in common. If you don't know what's wrong then, well, someone else must. It can't be a coincidence that this shards only called to us now." Johnathan licks his lips nervously "Have you... Seen anyone else around?"

"No. I figured...whoever left this here wanted this to be done, either way..." He shrugs miserably. "Easier to let us fight, and just take out whoever is left standing. Let them do the gathering for you...that's the way...

As for the town, I'm sure I've known longer than you...about...whatever is going on here. You were like the rest of them for a long time...not all there. One day, you seem to have woken up, like me. I might have confronted you, but...I had my suspicions. That our origins might be similar."

"Not literally! But listen, anyway. And fire me, stop burning down the tree for a minute, would you?"

!!"I'm literally made of fire. Why don't you tell this tree to stop spontaneously combusting near me?"!! Fire-Elysia snarks.

You do seem to have gotten their attention, however.

Star waves back at Jeremiah. No need to be rude just because she's a little baffled and uncertain at the moment.

Well... she wanted results, and this technically counts. She supposes she should go follow them, but is that the scientific side of her talking or the angry at being melted side? She's not entirely sure.

...she's not too sure how she's going to track or catch up with them in the first place, either. Running or driving really fast and persistence, she supposes. This town isn't that big...

If you are going to follow them, you might want to hurry. You can still the sound of their car in the distance...

Wymond nodded back to Lillian and then cleared his throat. "Eh-hm, Miss Fleich, don't let me burden you here; please, feel free to go about your day. I'm sure you've got better things to do today, but I'm in here for most of the day anyway, and I have got plenty of idle time in the day to pick this up without any disadvantage."

"I hate to be bother, but if say it's alright...I'll just get out of your hair" Miss Fleich says shyly. "Hey, maybe I could make it up to in some other way, later on." she finishes, with a hint of flirtiness probably lost on it's intended audience.

She makes her way for the door after, walking slowly and confidently. After a few moments, Wymond and Lillian are left alone-unless you count the creepy doll, which might be waiting till everyone looks away, so it can turn itself back around on the shelf by the time they glance back.

Jack stared at the abandoned things, his mind working as he saw the state of it. This couldn't have happened, Lilly wouldn't have left everything like this and he doubted that she would have left in the first place. Something was wrong, something had happened. The beginning of worry crept onto his real face and began looking over the things that she had left. The artist stood there for a while, his eyes darting amongst the possessions. Eventually after a while of this Jack went to the side of the ship, looking out across the water as he tried to get his thoughts in order.

He stared at the moving waves for a while, his mind trying to think of a solution to this mess. Eventually he turned around, now studying the other people on the street. Someone must have seen something, she couldn't have just vanished into thin air. All he had to do was ask someone. Slowly Jack exited the ship and for a moment simply stood there, taking in a deep breath as he tried to settle himself. Finally he moved and approached someone, the illusion taking care of all the worry he was feeling about both the talking and the whole situation. Though it was possible he was overcompensating slightly.
"Hello. Have you seen..." he gave the passer-by a description of Lilly, hoping that they would at least know something.

One of the dock-tenders (Alphonse McRidder, a high schooler) seems helpful...or at least coherent.

"Hmm, I remember her...there was a bunch of those fellows in uniforms...the garbagemen. They came to the dock, and asked her to join them for a 'ride'. She seemed like she would have fought, but I remember distinctly one of them saying 'Not to make a scene'. They all got into this big truck and drove off down in the direction of those fancy houses on the beach.

...I figure she must have owed them a bill or something. Or maybe they undercover police...or worse? Is this lady in trouble? Mr?"
He says, seeming troubled by the fact that something is 'wrong' around here.

Alright then. Plan forming. Probably a stupid plan, but it's better than no plan, and leaving anyone behind is not so much the bad thing to do as not an option at all.

Get up to the second floor and away from any windows and the stairs. Going to block off doors would be ineffective and just get Radia in range of their weapons. Then, wait for them, ready to fire a light blast.

There'd be more explanation of the plan, but everyone knows a plan's odds of working are inversely proportional to how much is explained to the viewer :P

Radia retreats the 2nd floor, recalling the tale of Leonidas and the 300 Super-Spartans, and how they managed to kill 400,000 Persian soldiers in a narrow pass, in a single day...sadly, they were all slain single-handedly, a short time afterward by Ur-Xerxes, the Walking God...who still rules most of the middle east to this day.

Ah, but that's just history.

Her plan does allow them to bash open the door and charge in, massed in a group. They seem to realize her strategy, however...

They converse among themselves briefly, wordlessly, before their apparent leader (he looks no different from the rest) speaks up from below.

"Why don't you just come down, miss? We're not going to hurt you, just make you better. You're very....very...sick, and the doctors need to see you. You might even have passed it onto your boyfriend." The way he speaks is monotone and mechanical in nature-this is no inherent, but a certain style of speech Radia suspects is useful for lulling sleeping townsfolk into doing what is asked of them.

Indeed, Radia does feel slightly dizzy at their words...maybe she really does need to see a doctor...madness is perhaps, contagious...I mean, have you ever maybe thought all of this is in your head?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Probably an AU (click to show/hide)
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Johanthans hands clenched tight as he took a step forward. "So you think there's someone behind it as well... Good.... I'm, glad." Johnathan shook his head, brow furled in consternation "Sometimes I feel like the paranoia is eating me alive, making me see conspiracies in the shadows... I've not... I've never seen any proof of them. Not really." Johnathan continues, speaking almost to himself now "But, you think they are after us as well? Good... Good. We can't. We can't give them what they want can we? We shouldn't be fighting. As much as it wants to be one... We can't fight when they are around us. We need... I'm not sure what we need. We need to know the truth." Johanthan says as he takes a few more steps towards the man. "We can't fight now now. Right?" he asks, look less sure of himself with every step.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Aurora considered going down. It did seem a compelling argument. But then she considered, if they simply wanted to take her to get help, violence would not be their first resort as it had been. From a purely logical standpoint, they were spouting bullshit. They might have convinced her if they hadn't A: Attacked her friend, and B: Broken into her friend's house. But seeing as they had...

"Come up here and say it to my face, and then I might believe you. I won't shoot." As if. She was telling the truth about not shooting, but had no intention of going with them. She quietly opened the window, and got ready to turn into light form and escape once they were upstairs, but not in shooting range.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile

"First of all, do any of me know where we are? Beyond 'in a tree', of course."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wymond sighed once Anna was clear of the store, and stooped down, picking up the crystal shards off of the ground with his hands, albeit not too worried about cutting himself thanks to the strength and toughness that, like most Farfield residents, he only used for mundane tasks, like this one. "Well," he began, still looking at the crystal shards though he was clearly addressing Lillian. "That... didn't go as I expected. I thought... well, I didn't believe that that would put her back to sleep..."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Lillian purses her lip the slightest way, keeping an eye on that doll. She doesn't seem angry at all, simply disappointed. She crouches down and helps Wymond pick up the shards, placing her basket of food aside for the moment.
"It is fine, Wymond. We couldn't have known. Of course, there are more pressing matters at hand that I'd like to discuss over lunch."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile

Star finally settles on commandeering a vehicle. They probably have some of those lying around, right? She hopes so. It's going to be a long run otherwise.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8