Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34

Author Topic: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)  (Read 43810 times)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation OOC (Formally Unnamed Interest Check)
« Reply #60 on: May 24, 2016, 12:27:02 pm »

New Locations
40 points: A new continent.
20 points: A small continent.
10 points: A new region or island.
*This is just the base, there will be no life in these new locations until you put it there.
And so the gods invested their power in their fellow Triniteus so that he may place land within the void. A total of 40 intervention points was used in the creation of the continent. The continent itself was large enough to house four separate regions. Yet as of now it is a barren land of rapidly cooling rock and divine energy.
So wait, we have to spend additional points to create regions? This seems to be daylight robbery. Also, pricing for location creation is linear? I thought if we spent more we get more bang for our buck. This doesn't seem to correspond with the pricings for disasters/acts of god which rapidly give greater returns.

Also, we spent 41 points on the continent. If only 40 points were spent I demand that 1 point gets refunded to me immediately.  :P
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:42:56 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 24, 2016, 12:51:09 pm »

Regions are a measure of size. There's no double jeopardy, you only pay once for it. The last point was to use the stone tablet. Normally yes, the investments are not linear, just not this one.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2016, 12:52:25 pm »

I created the continent assuming shaping a region of the continent wouldn't cost much to the gods, as long as no extreme magical modification were brought upon the land.

Am I right ?

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2016, 01:25:12 pm »

How much would it Generally cost to form a Cave (Or system of caves) underneath the whole Continent? Preferably I'd like em to go everywhere but that one place that would be considered offensive...
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2016, 01:44:07 pm »

When creating a species, is our chosen race ( the one we put in our character sheets ) the first one we have to make?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2016, 01:46:13 pm »

From what I can tell, we have 10 of our races to place on the world for free.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2016, 01:49:41 pm »

People do not like my omnifruit idea?  ???

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2016, 01:54:59 pm »

When creating a species, is our chosen race ( the one we put in our character sheets ) the first one we have to make?
We have our race for free in stasis as far as I can tell. We'll place them once the surface is livable.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 24, 2016, 02:20:23 pm »

Your first races are free and there are enough of them to populate a region. (But this doesn't mean that each region is limited to one race.)

Shaping the shape of the land is free, but life plants and animals are not. However you all spent enough to get 4 distinct regions. That means that as of now, there isn't enough room for everyone to have their own spot. Wonder why I would set it up like that  :P

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 24, 2016, 02:22:59 pm »

Your first races are free and there are enough of them to populate a region. (But this doesn't mean that each region is limited to one race.)

Shaping the shape of the land is free, but life plants and animals are not. However you all spent enough to get 4 distinct regions. That means that as of now, there isn't enough room for everyone to have their own spot. Wonder why I would set it up like that  :P
Thought as much. Also, think you missed my pricecheck.

$$$Pricecheck
Teaching a single particular spell that strengthens the the shell of a Torton, making it harder to break or crack, and improving its ability to absorb impacts and blunt force without the Torton inside being damaged. Permanent, and can be cast repeatedly by the Torton, but only works on the caster's own shell.

How much would it Generally cost to form a Cave (Or system of caves) underneath the whole Continent? Preferably I'd like em to go everywhere but that one place that would be considered offensive...
If it functions as a region, it would presumably cost as much as a region. If it has as much space as a small continent, as much as a small continent etc. Making new space is nice and linear and simple.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 24, 2016, 02:44:55 pm »

I'm sure the Mortals would! :P But seriously, having endless food might hurt the World's balance and story potential...

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 24, 2016, 02:45:07 pm »

Can't we just subdivide the Continent into equal sub-regions ?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 24, 2016, 02:54:00 pm »

I'm sure the Mortals would! :P But seriously, having endless food might hurt the World's balance and story potential...
Not really? I don't particularly want to play Famine Adventures, The Starvation Simulator here. We have other problems, like monsters.

Also, we just spent a lot of points making our own continent. Can people please not bring in the other continent anyway despite us specifically making our own?

Can't we just subdivide the Continent into equal sub-regions ?
Overcomplicates things.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 08:37:10 am by Demonic Spoon »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 24, 2016, 02:57:48 pm »

Overcomplicates things.
Considering we are probably going to create many more places and beings, cutting a continent in 6 parts doesn't seem like such a complication to me.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 24, 2016, 02:58:41 pm »

i like how everyone is having diplomatic discussions for hours about infinite fruit instead of just making things and rolling with whatever happens
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34