Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Through Strange Eons: Waitlist Open  (Read 3266 times)

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Through Strange Eons: Looking for Players!
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 04:00:41 pm »

To clarify: Titans are not conscious (aware of their mind as separate from the environment), much less sentient (capable of subjective thought). They are technically not even alive, but chunks of rock animated by unknown forces. Think stone robots.

I would rather not introduce antimatter (yet).
No worry, what about "Dark Matter" ? As in an inert substance that fills the void, but that is not present before the creation of the universe.
How does dark matter work? What could you do with it?

Name: N/A
Special Power/Ability: Spirits, By which I mean a life force that can possess things.
Ok. Just be aware that your abilities will not have immediate effects, as life is a slow process. Also, because conciousness is ATH's thing, your abilities will not increase the target's self-awareness.

Name: (Titans do not have names yurt)
Special Power/Ability: Battling?
What makes you better at battling? Stronger materials? Faster movement?

I will not be able to update for ~2 hours.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 04:06:29 pm »

Name: ???
Special Power/Ability: Capable of flight

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 04:11:08 pm »

Name: (Stoner -get it?)
Special Power/Ability: Strength(Stronger Materials)
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:01:26 pm by Atian the Elephantman God »

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 04:16:14 pm »

Name: Titans do not have a name.
Special power/ability: Reactor - each move of titan's limb creates electric power, which can be unleashed by touch.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 04:18:25 pm by Dark One »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 04:39:09 pm »

How does dark matter work? What could you do with it?
Alright, let's go for random theorizing. I am by no mean a scientist or anything, but the "Dark matter" I would like to use would just be an inert substance filling places were there is nothing.

It would just stay here.

Doing Nothing.

Nothing.

Well, apart from existing and having a gravitational impact on other matter. Let's say "Dark Matter" would attract itself but repulse other matter weakly.

So I would fill the Universe with this thing, just screwing around to make everything material distances from each other.

So I guess I would just fill the Nothing with Useless Something ? Maybe later, these powers would develop into using this Dark Matter to move Astral Objects around.

edit: Sorry if I am complicating things. Thinking about another power in the meantime.
Oh, and when you said we could introduce factors, do you mean "normal" factors only or can we create a factor and give it properties ?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:57:24 pm by Nakéen »

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2016, 07:22:12 pm »

Oh, and when you said we could introduce factors, do you mean "normal" factors only or can we create a factor and give it properties ?
Under the Factors spoiler are a list of factors not in the realm. You may have your power involve one of those, bringing that factor into the realm, but only to the extent that you use your powers (see Dark One's character for a good example). Or, you could have your power involve one of the existing factors, whether or not the properties referenced are in the realm. You can make up a new factor, but expect a lot of questions from me about it.
------
Also, a clarification: The entire realm is a vaccuum occupied only by gigantic chunks of rock and the Titans. There is no gravity or light either, so everything just floats in the darkness. Distances are not fully defined, and neither are physics, which can be exploited to do otherwise impossible actions. Though the realm is bathed in darkness, Titans can still sense the positions of the things around them.

TL;DR: The realm is warped outer space with no light but the stone robots don't care.

Also, all the player slots are now filled, but the waitlist is open. I will try to start the game soon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2016, 07:54:00 pm »

I see, thanks for the insight.

My inner dabbling worldbuilder wants to bring a completely new factor, but I fear it would increase your load as a GM.

You will be the final judge then, here are my two proposed sheets :
Normal One :
Special Ability: Immortal Furnace - His inner core burns with an inextinguishable fire. It can expel this heat or transmit it more peacefully.

Peculiar One :
Factor Brought : Nether
Type: Matter State
Description:
If Solid, Liquid, Gas and Plasma were the Four Fundamental States of Matter, then Nether would be an alternate state.
Nether Matter can be Solid, Liquid or Gaseous. The only fundamental difference with normal matter is that Nether Matter acts like the vacuum when dealing with energy. It completely lacks energy, but still act like normal matter as if possessing some kind of "phantom energy".

Properties/Interactions:
-Energy [Electricity&Heat]: Act like the vacuum when conducting Heat and Electricity.
-Matter [4th States]:
>Physically interact normally with other matter, except from the fact it acts like vacuum for energy transfers.
>Normal Matter can turn into Nether Matter when it undergoes the process of "Negation", where all its energy enter a phantom state. It is still there but won't interact with "normal energy". The process to turn Nether Matter into Normal Matter would be called "De-negation".

Special Ability: Nether Touch: Can turn matter into Nether Matter.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Through Strange Eons: Waitlist Open
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2016, 10:24:11 pm »

Correction: If a character is given a consciousness, they also gain sentience. I apologize for being so nit-picky earlier.

Name:none yet
Special Power/Ability:Consciousness
((Your size category is [2].))
From the ground, You arise, and somehow know that You are different. Is it Your ability to make others be like You, more aware? Is it the potential of Your superior awareness? No time to think further: You feel another Titan hurdling towards you!

Special Ability: Immortal Furnace - His inner core burns with an inextinguishable fire. It can expel this heat or transmit it more peacefully.
((Your size category is [6].))
From the ground, it arises. It ignites the powerful Furnace within its core. From above, a smaller Titan sails towards it.

Name: N/A
Special Power/Ability: Spirits, By which I mean a life force that can possess things.
From the ground, it arises. Despite its size, the Spirits within make it vulnerable. There is another Titan nearby it, much smaller ((Elephantman)).
Name: (Stoner -get it?)
Special Power/Ability: Strength(Stronger Materials)
Your size category is [2].
From the ground, it arises. There is another Titan nearby it, much larger ((crazyabe)).

Name: ???
Special Power/Ability: Capable of flight
From the ground, it arises. It's body is more maneuverable than most, for it can change its velocity anytime, even in the middle of a leap. There are 3 Titans nearby it. A small one, charging right at it; a midsized one ((Dark One)), newly risen; and a very small one, sailing quickly towards the midsized Titan.

Name: Titans do not have a name.
Special power/ability: Reactor - each move of titan's limb creates electric power, which can be unleashed by touch.
((Your size category is [4].))
From the ground, it arises. Every step it makes empowers its Reactor. There are 3 Titans nearby it. A very small one, making a trajectory right at it; a very large one ((Ama)), newly risen; and a small one, charging at the very large Titan.

Spoiler: Factors (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 02:28:12 pm by Pavellius »

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2016, 02:28:59 pm »

The reply is complete. Post your actions.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2016, 02:38:16 pm »

THROW MY POWER OUT AND DODGE!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2016, 02:43:26 pm »

The burning Titan rose.

What was it ? What would it do ? Itself didn't know. It couldn't. There was nothing in this titanic mass.

Nothing but the instinctive drive of its Furnace.

"..."

The Titan radiates extreme heat all around it.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2016, 02:46:14 pm »

((You've mistaken my titan with Ama's when adding description to energy in Factors))

Wander around, creating electricity.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2016, 02:59:31 pm »

Get a random instinct to create strong sturdy rocks and minerals.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2016, 07:19:28 pm »

>Approch the smaller titan with the intent of forcing my Spirits within it.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ama

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm alive!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2016, 10:15:23 pm »

"..."

Fly at the titan that is dodging (AbstractTraitorHero) and attempt to fly off with it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3