Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Pioneers - Phase 3 ~ Cooking Up a Storm  (Read 25985 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Pioneers - A Simple Exploration/Worldbuilding Game
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 04:26:19 am »

Swamp, as if you could have expected anything else.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 04:46:50 am »

Tundra, despite its chance to lose. It would be very... fun.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Asgarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2016, 05:39:29 am »

Tundra! Cyber mammoths!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2016, 06:56:15 am »

Tundra!
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2016, 12:59:33 pm »

Vote Tally:

Swamp: 7
Tundra: 5
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 01:13:20 pm »

With swamp holding over 60% of the vote, the setting will officially be Sci-Fi Swamp.

Introduction:

2593, A.D. With functioning colonies on Mars and Venus, and the gas giants being cultivated for resources, mankind looks beyond its tiny Solar System searching for further possibilities for its perpetually growing population that demands resources and space. Governments and private corporations scout the cosmos and one of these corporations, Inventum LLC., has found what has been dubbed "Earth 2.0". Technically titled Orbital Body XC-40405 or Lustrum, Inventum boasts their newly discovered planet has a biosphere similar to the conditions on Earth when the first living structures appeared: an optimal atmosphere, and plenty of water and flora that suggests that life already occupies its surface.

Skeptics claim that more research has to be done on the planet before it is visited by any humans, but in Inventum's rush to claim the planet for anyone else, they have already prepared a ship to reach Lustrum in just 5 years with 300 colonists and enough equipment and supplies to act as temporary housing for said colonists until they can build permanent structures on the planet. Additionally, it carries communication systems that can contact Inventum HQ with a delay of one year.

You are one of these 300 colonists lucky and brave enough to have taken up Inventum's offer to be among the first people to colonize a distant planet. What you find on this planet and how you act will not only determine the future of yourself and your colonists, it will impact human history forever. Good luck.

[Character sheets can be filled out now.]
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pioneers - Prologue
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2016, 01:27:55 pm »

Character Sheet:
Name: Joseph Stalin Lenox
Skills: Leadership, construction
Artifact: A six chamber revolver, passed down in his family for generations. It once was used by a great great great grandfather of his in a duel for power. It hasn't been fired since. It has no ammunition, but is masterfully maintained.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2016, 01:34:18 pm »

Character appearance:Cyborg eyes.
et:
Name: Regalia Hawthorne.
Race:cyborg ((cybernetic eyes))
Skills:fencing and entertainment.(Each character is allowed to start with 2 Skills which they will receive a +2 towards when performing relevant Actions. Over time, these Skills can be sharpened and new Skills can be lear
Artifact:A solar powered jukebox with millions of songs!
((Gives the greatest jams increases all rolls by two but it is incrediblely heavy and can't be moved by hand.))
This better
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 01:50:58 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2016, 01:40:20 pm »

Character appearance:Robot!
et:
Name:model 101 Regalia Hawthorne.
Race:sentient AI.(Does not have to be your birth name if your character would have it that way.)
Gender:none but identify as female(The group may have gendered roles, though this will ultimately be up to the group.)
Age:10.(Children will only start with one Skill rather than two, while Elders can start with three but will also battle against the ailments of old age. The ages at which "Child" and "Elder" are defined is dependent upon what the Setting is.)
Skills:Dancing and entertainment.(Each character is allowed to start with 2 Skills which they will receive a +2 towards when performing relevant Actions. Over time, these Skills can be sharpened and new Skills can be learned. The more specialized a Skill is, the faster it can be learned and improved.)
Artifact:A solar powered recharging locket
((Power source shaped like a locket recharges from sunlight can be used to recharge and boost actions))(Each character is allowed to bring 1 Item from home. This can be whatever you wish, though I will note if any adjustments need to be made))

Humans only please, though a human with cybernetic/synthetic implants might be alright if they aren't excessive.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2016, 01:41:02 pm »

Name: Mao Zedong Liu
Appearance:
A slim man with a body in good shape. He bears beautiful tattoos depicting various fierce animals with a touch of chinese characters.
Those are actually a secret code, and they depict recipes of reputed meals.
Did I mention he is of asian descent ?

Backstory For Flavor:
Mao was born in a respected family of Cook-Fu practitioners, and as such was taught "Cook-Fu", an ancient art melding cooking skills and martial arts.

During the day he worked in an asian restaurant of Xin Beijing, and during the night he fought the rival Cook-Fu schools of the city. Whether it was in a heated wok duel, or a chopstick battle, duels over territories were fierce but always done respectfully. But of all duel methods, the most respected one was the legendary Chief Duel : two or more opposing chiefs would have to cook a meal, all the while fighting their opponents.
Mao wasn't a Cook-Fu master, but he had the ambition to become one.

So, with the heart filled with dreams, Mao decided to enlist as a future colonist for the expedition with the dream of opening the first Cook-Fu school on a not yet colonized planet.

Skills:
-Cooking [Especially Asian Food]
-Close-Quarter Combat [Ancient Art of Cook-Fu. Use cooking utensils]
Artifact: An ancient wok he inherited from his father who himself inherited from his and so on. It is said meals cooked with it doesn't taste the same as usual ones probably because of the rust and burnt metal. It is surprisingly still in pristine condition, and rumored to be made of some unusually strong metal for a simple wok.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 11:31:21 pm by Nakéen »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2016, 01:43:54 pm »

Spoiler: Mao Liu (click to show/hide)
(Unoriginal and slightly racist. I like it. Sums up the internet.)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2016, 01:47:06 pm »

Spoiler: Mao Liu (click to show/hide)
(Unoriginal and slightly racist. I like it. Sums up the internet.)
(My thanks. TotallynotAsian joke characters are the best :)))

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2016, 02:52:07 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 02:49:34 pm by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2016, 03:05:35 pm »

Spoiler: Jakub 'Cook' Kucharz (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 05:56:25 pm by Wozzy »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19