Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/?) : Premature End Of The World  (Read 46164 times)

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Fredegar is Best))

"If only you had joined us, my fellow gods!"

Convert the rest of my Void into energy and use it to teleport to the new Void Opening then try to get as much Void from it as I can.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sub-Turn 14: The World is Ending Everyone will get a Fate Roll

Kahn
rest
You recover 1500 Energy
[3] You keep trying to recover some forces amidst the ruin and destruction unfolding outside. Exhausted, Badly Wounded, you are laying here. Some of your forces come back.
You recover 1500 Energy
Kahn is Slightly Less Badly Wounded

Fate Roll : [3]
You stay in this state, seemingly waiting for some savior or salvation. No one knows, but you stay here, in your tower. Waiting.
Even the destruction seems to be ignoring you.

You realize you are not recovering anymore Energy. Your wounds are not healing. You are slowly left there, ignored by all, dying.

And you can't do anything to struggle against this slow sentence.

Saraab
Driven mad by the deaths of his brothers, Saraab does something no one could have expected.

Open a portal of my own to a safe new universe, and get the hell out of dodge. Make sure to close it behind me before I leave. See ya suckers!

Where other failed, maybe you would succeed. You had nothing else to lose after all.
Saraab loses all his remaining Energy
Portal Opening Roll: [6]>[3] [Bad Overshot]

Probably because of your higher divinity stage, you could get a glimpse of what waited beyond the dimensional barrier.
Nearly everywhere, there was only oblivion. Void engulfing the "bubble" that was your Universe.

It seemed hopeless. Until you saw a path made of Ether, probably left there by the Protearchs when they jumped between dimensions.

So you take this option, and tear the barrier open toward this path. But you realize with stupor that the Rift you just opened can't be closed. An immovable and invisible force is forcefully holding the Rift together.

You cross the Rift. But this is but a mere respite : they can and will find you.

Fate Roll: [5] [WE HAVE A WINNER AS IN NOT TURNED INTO OBLIVION DUST]
You cross the rift, and leave it open. You have no choice, it can't be closed.

You keep following the Ether path. It is protecting you from the Void around, trying to turn your existence into nothingness. You don't feel safe in this frail protective path. You can even feel as if the Ether wouldn't hold actually, as if the Void was willingly letting you flee.

You arrive into another "bubble". You feel the lasting presence of the Protearchs here, they were there before. They probably fled from this place. Arriving there from another place, and again, and again.

For how long have they been trying to fend off their destinies ?

A being appears in front of you. It is different from anything you have seen before, but you know it is a Protearch.
"Ah...so they failed too. I'm sorry it came to this Child."

You will be safe for now. No one for how long you will be able to keep running, but you won't stop until the end.

Gasnareth Imrep
Knowing His Time may be a bit Short, Gasnareth Imrep Eats Plant life Like a Starving Vegan, Adopting a Harvester like Shape to Speed this Up.
All the life around is dead, having been drained of its Ether. There is only crumbling dead matter around you.

Fate Roll : [6]>[6] [ANOTHER WINNER]
You are there. Dying. Such an ironic or fitting end for a God of Death. Void is spilling from the Rift, some suddenly appears around you.
It surrounds you, like a hand. Then everything turns white, but you are still here.

The voice echoes in your head :
"NOT YET. NOT YET.
YOUR PURPOSE IS NOT OVER YET."

The Void engulfs you, but doesn't devour you. It feels...like if you returned to what you should always have been.
Then the whiteness disappears, leaving you in an empty plane of land.

You can't feel the presence of your siblings. You are alone.

But you are alive. Somewhere, probably in another dimension or universe.

Lux
((Well he is a determinator so he can try this though I doubt this will work.))
expel the darkness with my determination and the fire in my soul I can't fail.
Sorry, you are Deader than Dead !

Proelior and Fredegar -Last Confrontation-
If it's even possible for me to deal damage in my current state, try to finish Fredegar off. If not, try to help Saraab with escape portal and get out of dodge.
"If only you had joined us, my fellow gods!"

Convert the rest of my Void into energy and use it to teleport to the new Void Opening then try to get as much Void from it as I can.
You are far too weak to do anything to Fredegar. He too is too exhausted to do anything to you.

How strange. Despite the whole Universe being returned to Void, you feel like you accomplished your destiny. Facing Fredegar at the End of the Universe, having your fate entangled with him. The Rift is roaring near you, but you feel serene.

Proelior Fate Roll : [4]
Fredegar Fate Roll : [2]

Saraab escaped through his Rift. You sense him existing through this portal, so he must have succeeded in escaping.

Good.

You only have one thing left to do.

Fredegar laughs and mocks you for trying to struggle. He then use his Void and turns it to Energy, teleporting toward the new Void Opening. He extends his hand toward it, in an attempt to harness more Void.

But a voice tells to him.
"YOUR PURPOSE ENDS HERE.
TOYING WITH YOU
PROCURED US SOME AMUSEMENT."

And the Void rejects him. It begins devouring you from the inside, weakening him.

You, Proelior, are suddenly filled with power. It is coming from the Void Rift. You hear the voice saying :
"TIE THE LAST KNOT."

With this newfound Energy, you rassemble all your feathers in a gigantic blade. Fredegar looks at you dumbfounded, full of hate and confusion.
WHY ?! he shouts.

You rams the blade through his vanishing True Form, putting an end to the treacherous god.

Everything is crumbling. The Decimarch is exhausted and desperately holding at the Rift sides. Somewhere you can feel the presence of Kahn. [Let's just say Valence died]
You are so exhausted. You feel complete. Satisfied.

Proelior. The Universe is ending, and [RNG] decided to let you free. Will you be the witness of the End of the World until the last moment, or will you keep running ? Or will you try to change Kahn's destiny ?

THE WORLD IS ENDING.

The Voice reveals itself as the [RNG]. The Ultimate Force and Entity that drives Everything.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 04:29:13 pm by Nakéen »

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile

((So kahn is dead?))

"f...u..c..k THIS!!!!!!!!!" Screw dying and regenerate using pure hatred from anything near or far
No sig yet

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile

Saraab's voice changes back to normal. My siblings...what happened to them?

Retire until I am needed again

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile

((So kahn is dead?))

"f...u..c..k THIS!!!!!!!!!" Screw dying and regenerate using pure hatred from anything near or far

((I think you are dying, and the ones left behind are to decide your fate?))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((So kahn is dead?))

((I think you are dying, and the ones left behind are to decide your fate?))
((That's right. Your Fate Roll [3] means you will die. Except if Proelior tries something, which will occur another Fate Roll for you.))

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[[I'm trying anyway XD]]
No sig yet

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Call on prolior
No sig yet

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Rest
In
Pepperonis

Fredegar
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 05:04:34 pm by Atian the Elephantman God »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Find Kahn and lend him some of my life force. Then either try to open a portal with Kahn's help or fight against the Void to my last breath.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sub-Turn 15: The Last One. The World's End.

Saraab
Saraab's voice changes back to normal. My siblings...what happened to them?

Retire until I am needed again
"If you are the only one here, your siblings are probably gone. Like my brothers and sisters that left in the hopes of escaping from the [RNG]."

The Protearch sighs.
"Though they failed. They tried to create an impervious world at the cost of their True Forms, and created you and your siblings in the hopes you would grow strong enough to oppose the [RNG]. But sadly, they overestimated their creations and underestimated the cunning of the [RNG]... Now let's just wait. If you are here, it means your Fate still has some meaning."

Saraab has retired.

Kahn
Proelior

Find Kahn and lend him some of my life force. Then either try to open a portal with Kahn's help or fight against the Void to my last breath.
Kahn struggled with rage, burning with pointless hatred. Kahn's fate was already decided, he himself wouldn't be able to oppose it...

And then Proelior appeared. Blessed or cursed to see the end of this by the [RNG], he decided to attempt to save his sister.
[Opening a Portal will alter your Fate Roll, so you will just follow the already opened portal of Saraab]

Kahn Ultimate Fate Roll : [6]
Proelior grabbed Kahn and flew high, as fast as he could in the sky.

Toward the Rift Saraab opened earlier. If Saraab survived, maybe there was a chance.

The Voice let out a deep sigh of disappointment.
"SO FOOLISH.
REFUSING YOUR ROLE AS THE FINAL WITNESS OF THE WORLD.
IN THE END YOU COULDN'T UNDERSTAND,
AND STILL HELD AT THE ILLUSION YOUR MAKERS SEEDED IN YOU.
HOLD TO THIS HOPE.
HOLD IT FIRMLY.
LET IT MATURE.
UNTIL THE TIME I RIP IT OUT OF YOUR HANDS."

The World around was being engulfed in a spiral of Void, slowly breaking down into nothingness. You flew, you flew, and a path of hope opened. At the last moment you entered the Rift, escaping from the crumbling universe.

You lost consciousness at this moment.

But when you woke up, you were with Saraab and an unknown Protearch. Kahn was still alive.

You were both spared, for now...

THE UNIVERSE PRESUMABLY ENDED. GAME IS OVER !

Surviving Gods : Saraab, Proelior, Kahn and Gasnareth Imrep.
Erased Gods : Vorenaak, He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft On Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings And Ends, Lux, The Ancestor, Fredegar, Valence.

Now, let's prepare for the next installment.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm re using kahn in the next installment
No sig yet

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm re using kahn in the next installment
No qualm with that. Though depending on the setting, your "backstory" may be completely retconned.

I should make a poll. Yeah. [See you in OOC]
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]