Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A Brawl Gone Horribly Wrong  (Read 4381 times)

Dyret

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Brawl Gone Horribly Wrong
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2016, 11:55:51 pm »

I liked this thread better when it was about exploding balls.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2016, 01:57:59 am »

I opened this thread hoping for a loyalty cascade that ended in a town being depopulated and found one guy get punched in the nuts, and an argument about whether or not such and such censored such and such. And the argument was longer and more verbose than the description of the guy getting punched in the nuts.

I am sorely disappointed in all of you.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 09:35:23 pm »

Solution: set up a nut-punching fight? Make ABGHW great again?

i couldn't write that without laughing
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Xune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2016, 02:08:27 am »

I'm going to punch you in the nuts and I'm going to make you pay me to do it!

ApatheticAlpaca

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2016, 03:11:51 pm »

I opened this thread hoping for a loyalty cascade that ended in a town being depopulated and found one guy get punched in the nuts, and an argument about whether or not such and such censored such and such. And the argument was longer and more verbose than the description of the guy getting punched in the nuts.

I am sorely disappointed in all of you.

I, frankly, was interested in getting a better understanding by which someone can be gelded with bare hands and why in Armok's name something so horrifying can even happen.

Then I got to wonder if the gelding skill (It is a profession, Gelder, so is there a skill related to it?) increases chances of getting debilitating gelding blows in combat and whether or not this is a viable strategy for an Adventurer.

I basically want to know if it's possible to make an Adventurer built solely around making lowblows.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2016, 06:23:53 pm »

I, frankly, was interested in getting a better understanding by which someone can be gelded with bare hands and why in Armok's name something so horrifying can even happen.

Then I got to wonder if the gelding skill (It is a profession, Gelder, so is there a skill related to it?) increases chances of getting debilitating gelding blows in combat and whether or not this is a viable strategy for an Adventurer.

I basically want to know if it's possible to make an Adventurer built solely around making lowblows.

Yes, but gelder has nothing to do with it.  Just master a weapon skill or unarmed combat skill, and aim all your kicks for the lower body, and you'll become a legendary ball-kicker in no time.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 09:29:40 pm »

Wow, and I didn't even need to install Masterwork to get sports!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2016, 12:35:57 am »

It's like 1/100 chances though. Probably lower really. It's hard to tell through experiments because it's so infrequent it would be mind-numbing to actually count the many repeated strikes to the lower body until one happens.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2016, 02:10:57 pm »

I didn't test this, but there are ways you can train to make gelding much more likely.  Like I said earlier in the thread, I saw one guy specifically train to throw people so they land balls-first.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2016, 01:02:32 pm »

I liked this thread better when it was about exploding balls.
yeah back to topic again:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:'(
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language
Pages: 1 [2]