Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assigning Pets  (Read 938 times)

ragincajun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Assigning Pets
« on: April 16, 2016, 01:45:50 pm »

How can I tell, looking back, if a dwarf has a pet assigned?  When I go to the dwarf and <p><e><f>; it shows the total number of animals assigned...but not to that person.
No, they went to Hel, where they lead a bleak existence in cold and darkness. Valhalla is reserved for valiant warriors.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Assigning Pets
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 06:54:58 pm »

I don't think it works that way. You can check which pets belong to which dwarves by looking at the pet itself, but not vice versa that I'm aware of.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2016, 07:22:05 pm »

I don't think it works that way. You can check which pets belong to which dwarves by looking at the pet itself, but not vice versa that I'm aware of.
I would guess that cats would break being able to check what pets dwarves have, considering the cats adopt the dwarf lol so I think you're correct. I would just check the animal list to see.
'ere the Chias get hungry...

rachiebird

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2016, 10:33:18 pm »

Yep! Pressing z and then enter should bring you to a convenient little list of all your animals. You can check which pets owned by dwarves (and vice versa), and even toggle which pets are available for adoption (excluding cats, of course).

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 04:35:46 pm »

Check v z r. That shows all relationships, including pets.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!