Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do you display veins when mining?  (Read 2697 times)

Antmf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do you display veins when mining?
« on: April 10, 2016, 07:59:08 pm »

I have seen a few videos where the player displays a vein(s) after discovering some materials. How do you do this and is this in LNP and or dfhack?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do you display veins when mining?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 10:02:08 pm »

I have seen a few videos where the player displays a vein(s) after discovering some materials. How do you do this and is this in LNP and or dfhack?
It's dfhack.
You can toggle auto-mining of veins with 'a' I think in vanilla when setting mining designations.

PopTart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 04:04:44 am »

If you want to see all the rock and metal in the whole level, and you are using dfhack, you can type "reveal." To return to normal, type "unreveal." Be careful, it slows the game down even if you unreveal, because now it knows everything happening in the caverns. So don't save after revealing.

celem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 10:53:17 am »

Yeah that sounds like digv.  They spot an interesting metal, move the cursor over it and designate the entire vein to dig?  Thats DFHack's 'digv' and I love it, its not in the least cheaty since you could totally order the dwarves to follow the vein..
Marksdwarf Pillboxes
I wish I had something cool to say about this.  Because it's really cool.

Antmf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 01:16:06 pm »

Yeah that sounds like digv.  They spot an interesting metal, move the cursor over it and designate the entire vein to dig?  Thats DFHack's 'digv' and I love it, its not in the least cheaty since you could totally order the dwarves to follow the vein..

does the vein show after I highlight the metal or does digv display the vein as well?