Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Battleborn - Launch is here!  (Read 2327 times)

cider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battleborn - Open Beta has begun!
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2016, 09:09:20 pm »

Tried the beta a bit now. Interesting game. I thought it was a MOBA, but it's not - and I'll say thank you for that. I'm already playing Smite and Paragon a ton, so another one in the genre wouldn't have kept me interested.

Instead, it plays like a fast paced shooter with MOBA elements thrown in to it. I won't preorder it, but I'll probably end up buying the game at some point.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 11:28:41 am »

Any idea how it will compare to Overwatch?

Personally, I enjoy Overwatch's aesthetics. But I know nothing about Battleborn.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 12:48:00 pm »

It's... basically nothing like overwatch, save that they're both FPS games with characters that have abilities. There's plenty of gameplay vids out now if you're interested in seeing how the game looks and plays.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 12:58:11 pm »

Having played I was both enjoyed and was severely frustrated. Several characters seem to catch on every single piece of terrain and object and when that can mean life or death it's a very poor thing indeed, balance was all over for characters it seemed and I was wondering what they were thinking making pure melee characters with a flying rocket launcher character who can perch away from such. Not to mention weird little things like the ability to be juggled midair by characters, or be stunlocked in a corner by a group knocking you back with the basic melee option.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 04:41:44 pm »

Personally, I enjoy Overwatch's aesthetics. But I know nothing about Battleborn.

I had way more fun with Overwatch (I was lucky enough to get into the weekend stress test).  I've never had much interest in MOBA's though, so that might be part of it.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 04:48:56 pm »

I had way more fun with Overwatch (I was lucky enough to get into the weekend stress test).  I've never had much interest in MOBA's though, so that might be part of it.
It's not a MOBA. Seriously, it's not. It's okay not to like the game and all, but saying it's a moba will just cause undue confusion.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 05:09:30 pm »

It's not a MOBA. Seriously, it's not. It's okay not to like the game and all, but saying it's a moba will just cause undue confusion.

It had the little creeps and towers and lanes and stuff though.  What makes something a moba?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 05:14:26 pm »

It has that in a single game mode only. being a hero browler involves that as the only mode, save for holiday events or Smite's team arena fight mode that also involves creeps.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 05:17:33 pm »

It has that in a single game mode only. being a hero browler involves that as the only mode, save for holiday events or Smite's team arena fight mode that also involves creeps.

Oh, I thought that was the main mode.  It was first on the list and the one I tried the most.  *shrugs*

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 08:49:23 pm »

Pretty sure that was the only mode available in the beta, which is why I also thought of it as a MOBA.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 09:59:03 pm »

Pretty sure that was the only mode available in the beta, which is why I also thought of it as a MOBA.
There were two modes, meltdown was the other (you had to protect your little robots as they walked the path to actual suicide as a sacrifice to a recycling AI that thinks itself a god).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 11:50:18 pm »

Mm... yeah, meltdown is more a tug of war map instead of AoS, I guess, now that I actually think about it instead of just watch the pretty flashing colors.

I swear, one of these days map design of this sort is going to advance beyond around '03 or so, but that day is not this day.

... though yeah, those are definitely FPS AoS and tug of war maps, not just an FPS game with AoS or ToW elements. Win condition and basically everything is entirely based around stuff that isn't shooting other players. It just has your average shooter pacing instead of your average RTS pacing, heh.

Which is well and good, honestly. It's nice to see someone at least bypassing the engine limitations of old Warcraft 3 maps, and the WASD/aiming/etc. is much more smooth than what WC3 managed :V
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Battleborn - Launch is here!
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2016, 05:50:49 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWFpxJV6fnY

Time for keepin' the lights on!