Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Locations menu not accessible...?  (Read 567 times)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Locations menu not accessible...?
« on: April 06, 2016, 11:26:21 pm »

Hey fam, been a while.

I just started playing again after a -very- long hiatus. And I noticed the introduction of locations, which sounds like a great feature. However to my frustration I have not been able to access the menu to designate a location. I have had plenty of rooms set as meeting areas, yet I never get the 'l' menu. Is there some secret requirement I'm not aware of...? I just wanna build some taverns and libraries and temples :-X

edit: added image.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 11:34:11 pm by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

schlake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Locations menu not accessible...?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 11:43:53 pm »

The l lists locations that exist.  Things that can belong to locations have a menu to add a new location.  For instance i-m and designate a meeting area, then a to add a location.  (I don't have the game open, so it might not be a, but it is in the menu.)

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 11:50:03 pm »

The l lists locations that exist.  Things that can belong to locations have a menu to add a new location.  For instance i-m and designate a meeting area, then a to add a location.  (I don't have the game open, so it might not be a, but it is in the menu.)
Look on my screenshot though, theres nothing in the i menu. I thought that's where it was but I'm not seeing it. And in the default menu I'm not seeing anything for 'locations'. And when I designate a room via an object (i.e. table), I also don't have the l menu accessible...

---

I checked the wiki and there should be an "assign location" option available via 'l' but I'm not seeing it anywhere

---

I think somehow I managed to download 40.24 instead of 42.06. Wrong LNP pack. My bad. I seriously though I checked the version. Found the issue :/
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 12:34:18 am by Toxicshadow »
'ere the Chias get hungry...

bmxbumpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • How did I pass? She beat me like I owed her money.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 01:09:34 am »

no worries, shit is confuzzled as shi*.  It annoys me trying to find the latest LNP among such other nonsense, gotta be L33T haxor(or read the shit outta some forums)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2016, 01:23:53 am »

no worries, shit is confuzzled as shi*.  It annoys me trying to find the latest LNP among such other nonsense, gotta be L33T haxor(or read the shit outta some forums)
Awesome that 'noob friendly starter packs' are far more difficult to understand and likely to put off noobs than just clicking download to get the latest version of vanilla (oh sure, editing text files to set your options will put some people off too, I know).
« Last Edit: April 09, 2016, 01:25:25 am by Shonai_Dweller »

Goatmaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2016, 10:31:17 am »

+1 to the OP's honesty.  ;)

Goatmaan
My !!XXcpuXX!! *HATES* me.