Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A call for adventurers! (DnD 5e ongoing campaign)  (Read 996 times)

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
A call for adventurers! (DnD 5e ongoing campaign)
« on: April 05, 2016, 10:36:31 am »

The frontier has expanded! Settlers are finally moving into an unnamed mountain range to the west of civilization, and the forces of evil have been sighted! Hear this call and take up arms against the goblin menace today!

I'm running an online campaign over a text program complete with chat and image bots, but we can't use grids. We just work around that, though. I feel that the group is perhaps too small (4 Players, not including myself) and would like at least two more adventurers to join in on their travels, be they seasoned or raw. No class or race (within the core and official supplements) are off-limits, so feel free to bring whatever tools of the trade you prefer.

Expect memes, jokes, and plenty of faggotry. Seriously, 3/4 players are gay furries. They don't really bring it into the game (Except for maybe one, but even then it's just a tiny bit) so it's nothing too bad to worry about. What I'm personally looking for is someone that's willing to push the action further. To push their characters toward the story, without them meandering around a single area for 5 hours. I'm looking for someone that's willing to take up the mantle of leader.

We use the chat program called "Telegram" to play. It's been working wonderfully and has a large selection of chatbots that can assist gameplay. https://telegram.org/

Post here with any questions or if you're interested. If you are interested, I'll PM you my Telegram information.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: A call for adventurers! (DnD 5e ongoing campaign)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2016, 03:46:51 pm »

Somewhat interested. What are the party dynamics/campaign plotline/other relevant info?

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
Re: A call for adventurers! (DnD 5e ongoing campaign)
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 10:09:17 am »

Somewhat interested. What are the party dynamics/campaign plotline/other relevant info?
The party consists of a tanky monk, a rogue thief, a beast master ranger, and a moon druid.

Goblins are infesting the mountainside that the more civilized races wish to settle, and are causing a huge problem for them. They are abnormally organized, and leaders of local settlements believe a dark force to have taken the helm of leadership over them, as history has shown many times before.

There are no fudged rolls due to the system we use, so all modifiers and rolls are right out in the open, and no punches will be pulled. NPCs will react as naturally as possible to anything the players do. Two players are new to D&D completely, while one player is only new to 5e, occasionally confusing 3.5e rules with 5e rules. The group seems a lot more focused on the roleplaying part of the game, but do still love to go into combat and use those neat little bonuses they keep getting from their class.

But like I said, NPCs will act naturally, so subtlety may be of essence on some occasions.
Edit: You'll be starting at level 3, and so will everyone that dies. Everyone else is currently level 4.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 02:18:15 pm by tonnot98 »
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.