Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31

Author Topic: (SG) The Redleaf Epic (Formerly Widow: A Duchess Scorned)  (Read 65324 times)

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Widow: A Duchess Scorned
« Reply #195 on: April 16, 2016, 03:50:22 pm »

Since there is that library we might want to spend some time looking up Trance and the other orcish demons we are dealing with to see what information there is.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 16, 2016, 04:42:39 pm »

Okay. I don't know to which extent this is good... or bad.

I think that I will only focus on dealing with the present crisis of the logistical mayhem of dealing with 4k orcs in five days.

So, let's see:

Have a meeting with Gregory and Redding. Explain the situation. See if there is anything to be done to at least feed the orcs.
Send a message to Charlie. She may have lots and lots of troops ready to do battle now. If she doesn't believe us, invite her to come and see.
Discuss the possible bond between the Bonedust family and the Ivy clan with Father, Tiv, any other demon which is a part of our family, and ask for our Uncle's opinion on the matter. And our mother too, I guess.
Obviously discuss this with Dean.
Explain to the poor goblins at the knifehouse that 4 thousand orcs are going to come through their basement. Cancel that share of their bussiness that they offered us. They have already done too much.

As for long-term plans, I think that by just making Fortune marry that prince, we may even get to take a shot at taking the Kingdom for ourselves! We need a way to contact him. If he gives us back the Duchy, we can arrange the marriage.

Romans

• Bay Watcher
  • More of an abstract Concept
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 16, 2016, 04:53:05 pm »

Holy crap is this game awesome. Where to start, ok the Suitors
-Syzzik while lowborn, he does have quite a few contacts. And the access to the guns which could prove quite useful, not to mention the abilities of his daughter. He is also the least likely to have other motives, so we can trust him a tad more perhaps. Also skills as a businessman could prove useful
-Dublin Kinkaid on the other hand is high born and bring us closer to Charlie, and an inquisitor which is a benefit. His skills are of course extremely valuable as well. However his of their line and is sure to push their agenda.

The council positions we should defiantly fill with a couple of Charlies people but we should send Horton an envoy that we would like him to send us someone who can fill any position as well. That way he knows he's still in the loop, however we need people who are not associated with them either as well. So we will want to do some private headhunting as well, actually Syzzik could be our steward if need be.

I would say we also need a spymaster as well, someone neither Charile nor Horton know about.

- Dean should wait for his manifestation for a little while longer, at least until we're a little better established.
- We should definitely try and tame at least one of the demons.         
Crazy??I was crazy once they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy?? I was crazy once, they put me in a room, a rubber room, with rats. I hate rats, they drive me crazy......Crazy??

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 16, 2016, 04:53:57 pm »

Aw hell. Should have known a Drowish Goddess would be up to something big. This is the return of the Drow, isn't it? We're going to herald the return of the Drow.

Mable trying to play gatekeeper for her father sounds adorable. Let's take up Syzzik on his dinner offer, but bring Joy with us. That'll make everyone happy, while slightly complicating Syzzik's moves on us.

Fortune wants a giant snake. Of course. She could have had an adorable squirrel or something, but no, she wants a giant snake. I'm a little proud My main concern is actually that pythons don't have terrific eyesight, but on the bright side they're very huggable.

I say we do it. We'll need to shop around to find a suitably skilled druid, shop around to find some suitably skilled hunters or trappers or whatever you acquire giant snakes with, and then wait for our hunters to actually find and subdue the beast. The druid might be able to help, at least. Redding should be able to help with finding good snakecatchers, we'll probably be on our own tracking down a good druid.

Not ordering Caiman Swarm around sounds risky. They're our more experienced squad, so it's easy to believe Tetha gains something by pinning us a bit. We should try to avoid using them if we don't have to, but at some point we might have to make a tough decision about Fortune's doomed friends or our effectiveness as a Duchess.

As for the Deathfang 'Johas', we now have a pact with one of the mighty clans, we can discuss work with him and hire him through subcontracting with Clan Ivy.  This would get an invisible assassin on our side to do something later and give him the hope of returning to his order successful.  We could at least get quotes on how much his services would cost.
Or we could take a chance on getting a spy in their ranks. The issue there being that an assassin-priest is maybe not the most trustworthy informant. Otherwise, given that we're working on allying with two orcish tribes and another two are marching under our dear friend and vassal, it should be very, very easy to arrange for orcs to hire Deathfangs for certain tasks. This would allow Jonas to return to his order, assuming he wants to, and in return he feeds us information.

Other issue, though: If the mercs are now exclusively in the employ of Rubicon, they might not be interested or able to take on orcish contracts for his enemies.

She declares that no daughter of hers is allowed to sneak out and sleep with men, and locks Shelly in her room until further notice.

You are almost positive that the bottle of mead Shelly brought home is the exact same one that Peat [an Orc potioncrafter] kept on his desk...
Problem solved! It's nice to see our household getting to know Clan Ape better.

Back at home, Wednesday informs you that she was unable to dig up much on Mason. The scholar only left the Mead Hall once while she was following him, and that was only to watch Fortune when your blind daughter decided to explore the neighborhood otherwise unsupervised. The Ghoul's next move was to break into his room, and read Mason's diary, but found the document written in some deep-race script that she didn't understand, and since Mason rarely strays far from his room, she didn't feel comfortable sticking around to transcribe it for you.
So the popular prince is here for Fortune.  We might be able to use that later if we can get in contact with him.  If he turns on his brother at an opportune time I think marrying Fortune to the soon to be king would be a good idea.
It's the Drow. It's the godsdamned Drow that are keeping tabs on their prophet or whatever, I just know it. Godsdamnit.

This would also make me less nervous if Joy wasn't our heir and Fortune wasn't probably destined to die before she could reasonably become Queen or produce an heir herself.

Notably though, Fortune will probably want to follow her destiny on the matter.

Here is my idea for the prospective counselors.  Give them a challenge to see how they react.  Ask them how they would garrison 4000 orcs in the city in five days.  Tell them they have six hours and can consult and work together on a solution if they want.  I doubt any of them will expect us to actually provide 4000 orcs but it sounds like a difficult problem designed to test them.
Amusing, but we should probably just go straight to the Mayor and tell him we have a Situation and require his aid resolving it.

On personal preference, I like Shadow the giant heavy armor berserker for our Master-at-Arms. We could replace or supplement him if actual tactical considerations become a problem. That said, I'm not actually sure what the difference between the two candidates (or a different candidate) is beyond "it's easier for your court to learn [skill]."

I'm feeling really lukewarm about our High Priestess. I don't especially like or dislike Snakeyes, and declaring our heir High Priestess feels a bit odd but it fits. I don't think I have a proper opinion.

I like both Court Mage applicants, but they're really just apprentices. Maybe we could grab both of them plus a demonspawn to teach them all dark magics at once?

Dublin seems to be living up to his reputation, but a tentacled star daughter necklace is a pretty amazing gift. Let's keep him as our "get to feel dangerous and evil" pet. Boyfriend, I mean. I think that's what you call those. And take him up on his offer to prod our new pets out and properly stuff them into their pokeballs subdue them.

-An old lowborn lady named Flute is in jail for killing a merchant's guard dog with a butcher's knife. She rants and raves jibberish, and is clarly not in a healthy state of mind. Topman says this is the third time she has done something like this in the four years he has worked with the City Guard.
-A young female Orc who castrated her mate because her baby was born with a gimpy leg and had to be abandoned.
-A man overheard by Gregory telling other patrons at a bar that your Daughter Fortune is a freak and should be killed or expelled from town before she dooms everybody.
Crazy, crazy but maybe less so by orc standards, mildly crazy but to be fair Fortune is creepy as all hell and probably really is involved in a conspiracy to return the tyranny of the Drow.

We could just let them sit, or we could harvest them or something.

So here is my thought on Dean.  We could use his manifestation to bind the links to clan Ivy, making him both a divine caster and part demon, but I am afraid of him being taken over rather then being in the driver seat.  We can not make that kind of decision without consulting both father and uncle.  And maybe Dean?
Yeah. Notably: We need assurances, both direct and checking after the fact, that they aren't just going to rewire him to be super on their side. Unless that's the entire point of the test of faith, in which case I'm curious why the demon's the one worried about being taken advantage of.

We should ask for clarification on what the point and results of the test will be. And yes, ask every single person and extraplanar entity we know for their thoughts on the deal.

Speaking of Dean in general, the problem I have with saying no is that he wants to become a manifestation; even if we need him for heirship, he's not going to be happy with it. If we need a spare that badly, we should get him to father a bastard or two, rather than holding him in the wings indefinitely.

So whether or not we choose to go along with the test of faith, we should probably give him either the go-ahead or a girlfriend.

That said, the portal proves a terrible power.  If we can get on clan Ivy's side we could move whole armies through projection tables, allowing us to immediately move our forces around to defend allies or even spring up unexpectedly inside cities.
Yeah. Holy shit. Teleporting armies? In extreme cases we could even set up a mobile projection stage inside an enemy city or something dire like that.

This would be a really, really good alliance.

Let's bless Joy with a hex that will tell her immediately if there is any illness with her or her child.  Catching those kinds of things early could allow other magics to heal them.
I feel like this would re-open the topic of protection hexes rather than detection hexes. Remember that she can't really fit into her armor at the moment, so child's safety aside should probably not be on the front lines.

We should see if our father or one of his associates would be interested in giving some lesser work to Mable.  If he has a backlog of souls that need to be prepped for scrap he could give one to her and she could do it for free just for the experience.  Later she could do it for pay in souls or training.  We could drop a nasty hex on her as collateral if she tried to run away with the soul, though I doubt she would.
Huh. That's not a bad idea, actually.

...we could also do the dirty work on one of those prisoners to get her raw materials directly and immediately. The crazy lady probably wouldn't be missed, and her soul is likely scrap fodder anyway.

The orcess looks crazy but there might be cultural considerations at work, and the slanderer is probably entirely correct.

Send a message to count Horton through Miri.  Inform him about us being declared Dutchess, Charlie being the new general to give him time to pursue his revenge and our plan to turn Port and Gulf counties to our side.  Explain that all justice will be pursued against the prince, the Marlowe's, our daughter and those who supported the conspiracy.  Also that gulf and port counties are just being pressured right now and will no doubt declare the prince a murderous traitor.  And if they do not they will be put to the sword as well.

We should send a message to Gulf county containing something since Redding is taking care of Port.
Whoa whoa whoa, we don't want to give him cart blanche to murder everyone. Remember, we still don't even know for a fact that the Marlowes are totally against us, we still don't know how in on this Chasity is (and they're her goons), and we probably don't want him executing every single person he feels is in any way responsible for the coup.

That said, we do need to say something. Preferably to both of them.

As for long-term plans, I think that by just making Fortune marry that prince, we may even get to take a shot at taking the Kingdom for ourselves! We need a way to contact him. If he gives us back the Duchy, we can arrange the marriage.
We have a way to contact him. It's the same insidious goddess inhabiting Fortune.

Which means that if we're meant to contact him, we'll contact him, otherwise The Plan is proceeding in a different direction.

More directly, I doubt he'll be able to immediately and painlessly hand over the reigns to us. Remember that Chasity is probably a bigger player than Rubicon anyway, and the squire of the Duke is not necessarily first in line to inherit even if he goes Full Drow and poisons them both or something.

We'll probably have to worry about winning the Duchy the hard way, then Prince Charming will come through for the Drow-infested followup.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 16, 2016, 05:07:11 pm »

The squire of the Duke has actually more support than the Duke itself. He could just declare him a traitor and the people will support him.

Or maybe I'm speculating, I don't know.

I'd rather not do anything dangerous, like demon subjugation, while we are dealing with the orcs.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2016, 05:12:04 pm »

hugely popular young Prince Denzel, sixth son of the king and squire to the wicked Rubricon

He isn't interested in the Dutchy, he wants the throne of the kingdom.  If he were to back off and ask his family to let Rubricon twist in the wind they might be willing to keep their hands off.

I have an easy way to fix the problem of Horton murdering people without trials.  Just make him chief of our legal system or whatever equivalent title there is.  He can hold all the trials he wants.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2016, 05:23:20 pm »

The squire of the Duke has actually more support than the Duke itself. He could just declare him a traitor and the people will support him.

Or maybe I'm speculating, I don't know.

I'd rather not do anything dangerous, like demon subjugation, while we are dealing with the orcs.
Popular support, yeah. Sylvester had a lot of popular support as well before the current Duke chopped his head off. At a bare minimum, he seems to have those foreign assassin mercs in his employ.

I'd also point out that Chasity's a dangerous schemer, but she'd probably rather murder Rubicon and get engaged to the squire instead, so that maybe works in our favor sort of until the prophecy comes to pass.

If you mean the necklace, that shouldn't be dangerous with an inquisitor on hand. We're also going to be dealing with orcs for quite a while.

hugely popular young Prince Denzel, sixth son of the king and squire to the wicked Rubricon

He isn't interested in the Dutchy, he wants the throne of the kingdom.  If he were to back off and ask his family to let Rubricon twist in the wind they might be willing to keep their hands off.

I have an easy way to fix the problem of Horton murdering people without trials.  Just make him chief of our legal system or whatever equivalent title there is.  He can hold all the trials he wants.
Note that just because he wants the throne doesn't mean he can have it. I'd be very surprised if his relationship with Tetha wasn't aimed at just that (at least), but from a mundane perspective he'd probably like the Duchy, and in reality he might want Duchy resources one way or another.

Interesting point regarding crown support, though. Trouble is, remember that he's working on divine shenanigans; her grand plan might encourage or not particularly allow for a clean break like that.

My issue with Horton is the wanton and counterproductive murder, not the lack of paper-thin facade surrounding it.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2016, 05:42:06 pm »

Eventually, we would rather have just Miri as leader of house Horton. Yes, I'm hinting that Glen's death will benefit us.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2016, 11:55:09 pm »

The demon then proceeds to explain that the hugely popular young Prince Denzel, sixth son of the king and squire to the wicked Rubricon, is secretly a divine caster of the Goddess Tetha. Apparently Tetha offered Denzel her aid in winning the crown for himself should he marry your daughter Fortune. The young prince was in the process of trying to figure out how to bargain for the hand of a blind and anti-social ten year old without coming across as crazy or admitting to illegal magic when he caught wind of Rubricon's scheme, and promised his cousin his aid in winning support from the crown in exchange for Fortune when all was said and done.

Pogpugroog doesn't know what Tetha is playing at by tying your daughter to the throne of the Kingdom, but the demon is intrigued and now Fortune's situation has her full attention.
Rereading this part, we should really find out as much as we can about Tetha from Mason and our library. Notably, how good she is at keeping her word and what aims she might have in human lands.

At the moment, it looks like Denzel is going to ensure that Rubicon has the crown's full support, on behalf of the goddess Tetha, in order to eventually seize the crown. Some of that may be convoluted schemes and lies rather than a genuine offer, though.

It also means that in the meantime, our best bet for winning Denzel over is just to put up enough of a fight that Denzel realizes he's backing the wrong horse. Unless weakening the crown by breaking them over a furious dark matriarch and her orcish, goblin, undead, and demonic allies is Tetha's explicit plan, so see the part about scheming and lies.

In more immediate matters, I should probably get around to figuring out what we're going to say to Glen and/or Miri.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 17, 2016, 09:18:56 am »

(More debate and theorycrafting than agreed upon suggestions. I think there is enough that I could do a proper turn, but I think right now it is time for a mini-turn, and then a dump on gods.)

2334th Year of Man, 4th Month, 31st and Final Day:

Saturday

Wrapping up your conversation with the succubus, you call Tivavarav back, and explain the situation with Trance and Clan Ivy. The demon considers the situation for a second, before promptly changing the discussion into a conference call with all his major minions, each kin to you by blood in their mortal lives. The five of you talk deep into the night, with father and Talcutta occasionally dropping out of the discussion to consult with other mortal members of the family. The overall reaction to the proposal is positive, but there are some concerns.

-Tivavarav notes that the Bonedusts aligning with both Trance's organization and the mighty Clan of Ivy would likely benefit his business in the long run.
-Talcutta can't prove this, but he strongly believes that Chieftess Ivy's Orcish blood makes her a poor negotiator by demon standards. The intention of the test of faith is to prove that you are just as desperate for the alliance as she is, and thus on equal footing. It could also be leverage, using demonic soul modification to render the chosen victim a slave to Trance's will until Chieftess Ivy gets the terms she wants.
-Yaugur actually figures he knows where to find Yukprong, and is positive he would win a straight fight. If you want to have the demon intimidated into behaving, held hostage for leverage, or hurt for revenge, the founder of House Bonedust would be willing to do so if you spread his curse ten times for the duration of time service is rendered, and some small payment to Tivavarav for the time of his enforcer.
-Since Trance is allowing descendants by marriage, father suggests having Dean elope with somebody you don't care that much about and is willing to risk their soul for power, and then feeding your new Daughter-in-Law to the demons. He adds that you could get married instead, but as Duchess that would have much heavier implications. You were considering having Dean produce heirs anyway, so this isn't a bad idea.
-Uncle Truman reminds everybody that Tivavarav is unlikely to have the resources to protect another ascended Bonedust for several generations, and that protection and employment under Trance to establish the kinship might be the safest way for Dean or himself to eventually ascend.
-Mother has little to contribute, but adding on to father's plan she mentions she knows some girls who might be willing to go through with it if Dean wouldn't mind marrying a distant cousin, and you could figure out how to get the bride to North Bank City.
-Your eldest son Farquad makes you a decent offer; If you publicly acknowledge his marriage and offspring as legitimate, make him next in line should something happen to Joy, and otherwise give him a County to rule if one becomes available, he will offer one of his children for the test of faith.

It is quite late by the time you finish your little meeting. You warn the goblins of what is to come, and offer to denounce your share in the Knifehouse for your troubles. They decline, suggesting that hauling troops through the basement may be inconvenient, but that having Clan Ivy, who are also loosely their allies, in town will benefit their interests in the long run.

You then spend a few hours tracking Gregory down, before finding him at what you presume to be the home of his mistress who you recognize as one of the nice looking young 'guards' from his office. He is annoyed at the interruption, but quickly snaps back into busniess mode when he hears what you have to say.

"F-four thousand? Hoooooly crap. I'll see what I can do. Some clans on bad terms with them will flee town when they hear Ivy is coming back, so we can use their Mead Halls, and most of the other clans will be honored to host soldiers in whatever spare space they have. Depending on how many beds we get that way, I may have to confiscate some property and set up some temporary barracks for the rest..."

He then slaps his mistress on her bare bottom, before instructing her to get dressed as they are going into work.

The next turn will last until Thursday, when the Orcs Arrive

---

On the Gods:

The recipe to ascend to godhood is simply extremely high skill in one of the soul control arts such as Hex Weaving or Drowish/Demonic Modification plus extremely high skill in one or more of the nature magics plus means of reaching a non-mortal realm. Humans cannot achieve this without first becoming demons, or being heavily modified by another being, as the level of magical talent required is significantly above the race's normal ceiling for the requisite skills.

The vast majority of gods active in, under, and around the human kingdom come from one of three sources.

The Giants were a race capable of ascending to godhood who lived in what would become Godtouched County. When humanity crossed the sea, they were embroiled in a generations long war with an aggressive and genocidal race called the Grey Orcs. Eventually the Giants formed a shaky collation with early man and drowish surface settlers and saw to the extermination of their long time foes. When the dust settled, however, less than a hundred of the slow to reproduce giants remained. Noticing that their allies against the Orcs hungered for their land, and knowing that war with the humans and drow would mean their extinction, the remaining Giants chose to ascend en-mass and vanish from the realm forever. Three of the four members of the human pantheon are Ascended Giants. Most of the remaining ascended giants renounce their own worshipers and serve the kingdom's pantheon or distant titans as angels, while others are worshiped by dwarven cities. A rare few freelance like the Deep Pantheon does.

Of the many sub-races of drow, a select few are capable of obtaining godhood, but those individuals who do make the ascension are faced with a conundrum; As their own race is incapable of performing divine magic, finding followers is difficult. The Deep Pantheon is a catch all term to describe the hundreds of deities ascended from either drow or demons of drowish creation. During the reign of the Underoot Dynasty, which lasted from the dawn of the age of man until the rise of the Gulf Dynasty, the deep pantheon was legally worshiped by human commoners. Since that practice was banned, the deep pantheon have gained a reputation as gods for hire; Many deep gods will provide support to any cause that can offer them a few hundred followers and doesn't radically oppose their values. Other deep gods align themselves with demons, providing them with services in exchange for the worship of the undead and lesser demons they create. One of the four members of the human Pantheon is a Deep God.

Gods will breed with mortals on rare occasion, and of course the resulting offspring is often capable of obtaining godhood itself. Usually an ascended demigod will claim the origin of its divine parent (for example a child of an ascended giant would consider itself an ascended giant), but if that offspring's mortal parrentage is orcish, and it becomes part of orcish society for any significant amount of time, it will usually retain its loyalty to its clan and consider itself an Orcish God. Although few in number due to constant in-fighting, the extinction of several of the races responsible for their creation, and the rare set of circumstances required to birth one, the Orcish Gods are relatively strong as individuals and have many followers.

On Religion:

The human kingdom keeps a pantheon of four gods. Each member of the human pantheon enjoys good relations with the other three members, his or her own large and well organized priestly order, and a surplus of worship created by a ban on other religion within the kingdom. These factors make them by far the strongest four deities active on the continent, and they can each fend off attacks from about a dozen deep gods at once in their own realms. Members of the Kingdom's Pantheon have been destroyed before, but they are quickly replaced with the newcomer receiving control of his or her predecessor's priestly order, which is usually only subject to only minor changes. By tradition the Kingdom's Pantheon is made from two gods and two goddesses, with each of the goddesses married to one of the gods.

The gods of the Jungle Orcs are mainly Orcish Gods, but any deity willing to abide by the rules of Orcish worship and society, and strong enough to survive the in-fighting, may endorse a clan and reap the benefits. There are presently eighteen, but that number is constantly in flux. The four gods who endorse the mighty clans are half to three quarters as strong as a member of the Kingdom's Pantheon, and as group the eighteen are clearly superior to the four in terms of power. Only the disharmony between them and the inferior numbers and technology of their followers stop them waging open war against the Pantheon of the kingdom. The two holdovers from the Savannah Orc days have priestly orders to their names, but as priestly orders go against the clan system of the jungle orcs, they are weak and practiced in secret.

The dwarves of the Ironheart Mountians live in a cluster of independent city states, each worshiping a single god in a monotheistic fashion. These gods typically compare to the eighteen in power as individuals, and some possess priestly orders rivaling those of the four in terms of structure and prestige. As they lack allies, Dwarven Dieties are often slain by marauding members of the eighteen, or ganged up on and picked apart by large gangs of envious deep gods. The death of a dwarven god usually signals the birth of new dwarven cities when the population splits over picking a replacement.

Goblins have little talent for divine magic, and drow have none at all, but both races will occasionally worship members of the deep pantheon, who in turn grant divine magic to their more loyal slaves or half breeds. Drow are also notorious for infiltrating the nobility of other races, and introducing the worship of deep gods they consider ancestors or allies to the population. Even now several highborn families in the western counties privately maintain the worship of various deep gods.

You are not well versed in exotic lore, but understand the human homeland of the Rising Isles maintains a small but powerful pantheon much like the Kingdom, and that the wild magic of Titan Rock is fueled by the seven Titans, each supposedly several times more powerful than the human pantheon combined.

God Relevant to the Game So Far:

Mikael, the Order Keeper:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Auburn, the Divine Builder:

Weneth, the Light of Hope:

Ukara, the Dreaded:

Trance, the Mother of Faith:

Tetha, the Stern Warning:
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 09:52:07 am by Weirdsound »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 17, 2016, 03:25:48 pm »

Oh, well. Let's see what to do on the following days:

-Send a messenger to Charlie telling her of the influx of troops, and that she is free to come and discuss future strategies with us.
-Arrange a proper welcome for the Ivy clan.
-Talk with mother about the possible candidates for this whole ascending under Trance thing.

Also, I feel proud of our demon great-great-great-great-great grandparent.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 17, 2016, 03:43:54 pm »

Ask Farquad's to elaborate on his offer. Talk to him about his family, their stance on the plan, and their current situation. Farquad's plan seems good, but we should make sure it is mostly free of caveats and problems.

Travel to Southjungle County to meet with the Hortons in person. It's probably better to meet in person rather than corespondence as people might read our mail and we can quickly go over every issue and problem with them.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 17, 2016, 03:49:14 pm »

Travel to Southjungle County to meet with the Hortons in person. It's probably better to meet in person rather than corespondence as people might read our mail and we can quickly go over every issue and problem with them.

Definitely not now. We can't just leave when 4k orcs are coming in five days.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 17, 2016, 04:48:49 pm »

I was assuming the trip there and back would get us back in time for Thursday, but if that's not the case, then I'll think of other actions to be taken leading up to Thursday. If the diplomatic visit can happen, I'll elaborate on the reasons for going and what to do there.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 17, 2016, 05:08:01 pm »

I was assuming the trip there and back would get us back in time for Thursday, but if that's not the case, then I'll think of other actions to be taken leading up to Thursday. If the diplomatic visit can happen, I'll elaborate on the reasons for going and what to do there.

Yeah. You might be able to get a message by horseback to the Hortons in five days, but you don't have the riding skill, and there is no way in hell you could make the return trip in time.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 31