Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Question about religious orders and deities.  (Read 1512 times)

slashnul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Question about religious orders and deities.
« on: March 27, 2016, 01:55:53 pm »

Still kinda new to adventure mode and Im not sure how reputation and rumors fully work.  If I was a follower of a giant termite diety, and went to the termite temples and asked for their troubles, would completing those quasi-quests improve my standing with all members of that order?  With all followers of that diety?  With everyone in general?  Could I become a heath person to that order, group, or temple?  Can I become the pope, per se?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Question about religious orders and deities.
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 03:29:41 pm »

Still kinda new to adventure mode and Im not sure how reputation and rumors fully work.  If I was a follower of a giant termite diety, and went to the termite temples and asked for their troubles, would completing those quasi-quests improve my standing with all members of that order?  With all followers of that diety?  With everyone in general? 
I think there isn't a split between religious order specific quests and general civ quests at the moment, so completing them and talking about them would improve your reputation with everyone in town and not just members of a specific group.
Could I become a heath person to that order, group, or temple?
You can only become a hearthperson to lords and ladies, a lieutenant to bandit leaders, or for dorf civilizations if you meet a captain of the guard you can become a fortress guard. For all of those you need to have some notable accomplishments, i.e killing bandits, beasts or criminals - you also need to talk about said accomplishments with that person. Even then it's not really guaranteed they'll let you in - sometimes they'll say there's "no room for you here" - means their "squad" is full - unfortunately you can't check how many people are in it to find out if it's worth even talking to that lord/lady/captain/ringleader.
Can I become the pope, per se?
At the moment you cannot become anything else than a hearthperson or a lord/lady. Occasionally there might be a glitch where you randomly get assigned to be something like a manager, broker or lord, although I'm not sure what causes it - probably something related to the previous person holding the position dying.

slashnul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 03:35:43 pm »

Cool, thanks, you saved me lots of time.  Ill just have to use my imagination where theres gaps.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 04:18:37 pm »

Oh yeah I forgot to mention - when you talk about your slaying of a bandit or beast, while a lord will accept you immediately as a hearthperson if they have space left, it will take 2 or 3 days in-game for news of your act to spread around town.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 06:30:55 pm »

Still kinda new to adventure mode and Im not sure how reputation and rumors fully work.  If I was a follower of a giant termite diety, and went to the termite temples and asked for their troubles, would completing those quasi-quests improve my standing with all members of that order?  With all followers of that diety?  With everyone in general?  Could I become a heath person to that order, group, or temple?  Can I become the pope, per se?

You can actually get "faction" quests by becoming a hearth, lieutenant or fortress guard then asking to do a "service pertaining to your duties" you will get a reputation with that group as a "loyal soldier" if you do enough.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 09:26:40 pm »

Telling stories in earshot of the lord you're wanting to become a hearthperson for tends to work well if they're of impressive feats. If they say there is no room you can use what I call the Cuckoo Maneuver: ask about the position of the forces from an unaffilliated unit and track them down, then "accidentally" tackle them off a building or "somehow" light the "grass" under them on "fire" until they "bleed to death" and you should be able to join in their place.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 10:32:46 pm »

Telling stories in earshot of the lord you're wanting to become a hearthperson for tends to work well if they're of impressive feats. If they say there is no room you can use what I call the Cuckoo Maneuver: ask about the position of the forces from an unaffilliated unit and track them down, then "accidentally" tackle them off a building or "somehow" light the "grass" under them on "fire" until they "bleed to death" and you should be able to join in their place.

Or just directly murder one of the soldiers as they are patrolling (away from any others)  and hide the body and wash off in a river, they won't suspect a thing unless someone from the site sees the body (or a part of the body), due to how rumors work (killing witnesses etc works)

like "tackling them off a building" as max said just more direct and you have to be more careful.Swords solve so many problems.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 10:34:54 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2016, 12:40:51 am »

You might get elected the royal job if you some how have the high enough social skill than the remaining populace and or just got randomly picked from a pool which would explain the being a manager or broker or lord which are jobs that you can set dwarves to in dwarf/fort mode.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes