Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How to add or change name of skills?  (Read 853 times)

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
  • Champion of the unknown
    • View Profile
How to add or change name of skills?
« on: March 26, 2016, 02:50:06 pm »

Proroably this is a stupid question but how to add new skills or change their names?
his title changed to "thruthful chills"
Also known as : "Believe me when I say this guy is a psychotic murderer".

Bogus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to add or change name of skills?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2016, 03:03:33 pm »

you cant directly do that. all you can do is to change how skill names are displayed for a certain species, for example
 swordsman -> swordsdwarf

the tokens for this you can find in entity_default.txt, you can customize them for any skill or profession.

making new skills isnt possible either, but you can change the skills that reactions use and maybe use some of the existing less-than-important skills to do new things (lye making comes to mind). secondly, there is the alchemy skill, which is never used in the vanilla game but can be toggled on a worker (and be used in custom reactions).

Aleksanderus

• Bay Watcher
  • Champion of the unknown
    • View Profile
Re: How to add or change name of skills?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2016, 03:12:50 pm »

you cant directly do that. all you can do is to change how skill names are displayed for a certain species, for example
 swordsman -> swordsdwarf

the tokens for this you can find in entity_default.txt, you can customize them for any skill or profession.

making new skills isnt possible either, but you can change the skills that reactions use and maybe use some of the existing less-than-important skills to do new things (lye making comes to mind). secondly, there is the alchemy skill, which is never used in the vanilla game but can be toggled on a worker (and be used in custom reactions).
Well, it's not in entity_default.txt but in creature_standard.txt but anyways thanks for help!
his title changed to "thruthful chills"
Also known as : "Believe me when I say this guy is a psychotic murderer".