Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 73

Author Topic: Latin American Politics: Moralism  (Read 101506 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: Heat's passed, it drowning time
« Reply #690 on: February 15, 2019, 01:36:00 am »

4chan has a business section? I suppose they gotta have somewhere to put the business related memes.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: February 15, 2019, 07:14:20 am »

They had 20 years to unfuck everything. Mauro had 6 years to personally unfuck everything. They didn't and they won't ever do it. They depend on us being focused in surviving just one more day to stay in power.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: February 15, 2019, 07:17:41 am »

4chan has a business section? I suppose they gotta have somewhere to put the business related memes.
Well, someone needs to polish all those bitcoins.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: Ministry, Schministry
« Reply #693 on: February 15, 2019, 12:10:08 pm »

Here's two recent news regarding the two shittiest ministers of the year.

In the least worst news of the two, Minister of Human Rights counsels parents with daughters to leave the country, because obviously thinking of and implementing ways to combat violence against women is too much work. This is the minister who literally said she didn't care about the state being religion neutral, who made homophobic remarks and also kidnapped a native girl and "adopted" her (she never even forged an adoption document).

Meanwhile, the Minister of Education, who is a reactionary Colombian philosopher, said Brazilians are thieves and cannibals.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: February 15, 2019, 01:29:08 pm »

That's a minister of Brazil saying that about Brazilians, to be clear.
Love, scriver~

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: February 15, 2019, 01:49:04 pm »

Yes.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: February 15, 2019, 01:53:48 pm »

And... Doesn't the Human Rights Minister's comment mean that she should also leave the country, if she's surprise-adopted a native girl?

Or has the girl since been sold off?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: February 15, 2019, 02:49:14 pm »

You have a human rights ministry???!!! -Says the guy from the country with a Happiness ministry.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: February 15, 2019, 03:02:31 pm »

You have a human rights ministry???!!! -Says the guy from the country with a Happiness ministry.
Yes. It started its existence as the Secretariat of Human Rights under Fernando Henrique Cardoso, then was elevated to Ministry of Women, Racial Equality, and Human Rights by Dilma Rouseff, got reduced to Ministry of Human Rights by Michel Temer, and finally the Pocket Monster sanitized it to the Ministry of Women, Family and Human Rights.

And... Doesn't the Human Rights Minister's comment mean that she should also leave the country, if she's surprise-adopted a native girl?

Or has the girl since been sold off?
So here's what reporters (of a right-leaning magazine!) found out: the girl was born in a native reserve, and at some point her parents passed away and she lived with her grandmother. Then the now-minister rolled in as a missionary and took the girl supposedly to give her dental treatment, promising she would bring her back, despite the fact that the girl didn't want to go and the community didn't want to let her go either. Then suddenly the then-missionary-now-minister has an adopted daughter! That she never legally adopted! The minister has refused to comment about it despite saying she would love to clarify the situation before the journalists released the work.

And to no one's surprise, no legal investigation is being held. Because of course.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: February 15, 2019, 03:18:53 pm »

Well yeah. Then he'd have to find a replacement, and that's just a waste of time and money.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: February 16, 2019, 05:14:13 am »

Well, that's one approach to PR I guess.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 16, 2019, 05:23:57 am »

Well, that's one approach to PR I guess.
Today, Brazil. Tomorrow, Puerto Rico!

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: Border Block
« Reply #702 on: February 23, 2019, 10:06:20 am »

Okay, I couldn't find any articles about it in english due to bad website layouts making it hard to search for slightly older articles, but Venezuela has closed the Brazilian-Venezuela border. Refugees are still trickling in, but are having to slog through trenches or jungle to do so.

Apparently at the Colombian border, Venezuelan soldiers have left their posts, though it seems it was just a few of them.

BBC also has this live reporting page. Be aware of the site's biases and all, but so far its good info.

EDIT: Brazil's fascists government has said they won't invade Venezuela.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 10:07:59 am by Teneb »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: February 23, 2019, 10:12:31 am »

The New York Times has also talked a bit about it, and I even saw a headline about it in Norwegian news.

There's also this video talking about one of the major crossings and how they closed an already-closed bridge for some reason.

I did see a video with Maduro stating that he was going to close the border entirely, but I don't know how much that's actually been put into effect versus how much people are focusing on the big bridge.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: February 23, 2019, 10:15:50 am »

The New York Times has also talked a bit about it, and I even saw a headline about it in Norwegian news.

There's also this video talking about one of the major crossings and how they closed an already-closed bridge for some reason.

I did see a video with Maduro stating that he was going to close the border entirely, but I don't know how much that's actually been put into effect versus how much people are focusing on the big bridge.
I don't know much about the geography of the Venezuela-Colombia border, but the Brazil-Venezuela border is surprisingly effective to shut down since it's literally the only point where you can cross without risking death. I imagine it might be similar with that bridge.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 73