Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 73

Author Topic: Latin American Politics: Moralism  (Read 101543 times)

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: Mariana 2: Electric Mudaloo
« Reply #675 on: January 27, 2019, 10:20:02 am »

Not entirely, instead of 72 hours he's giving them 30 days.... which is yeah, he rebuked like the fucking coward he is. Still the romours of an attack on the embassy or it's personnel haven't stopped.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: January 27, 2019, 10:34:22 am »

I did say 'defused somewhat'.

Has Maduro said anything on those rumors or pushed back? It sounds like the rumors are serious enough to get the attention of the US, considering the current situation. It'd be a pretty suicidal thing to do though.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 10:42:33 am by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: January 27, 2019, 11:53:13 pm »

Looks like the US (government, that is) definetly heard of those rumors and are taking them seriously because they're warning against violence aimed at diplomats.

Is what Bolton claiming about Cuba having control over Maduros security and paramilitary actually accurate? I'm 99% sure he is just bullshitting though, and even if Cuba did control the security and paramilitary forces, they have too much to lose to try anything like what the rumors are implying, nor are they so stupid as to antagonize the US in that way.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 28, 2019, 07:04:48 am »

Those rumors are 100% accurate. Chavez delivered the country to the Cubans in a silver plate. Not only we "gift" a lot of barrels per day to the Cuban revolution, we have numberless "medics" and assessors in the army. I have seen first hand how Venezuela military man has to stand firm and salute passing military Cuban as if they were their superiors.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: January 28, 2019, 10:54:31 am »

If it's that much, then they'd better tell Maduro to knock it off with any such plans since they know better than to provoke the giant next door.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: WTB Ice Age PMO
« Reply #680 on: January 30, 2019, 02:36:09 pm »

The new thread title is to "celebrate" the hottest day in about a century.

(Source, pt-br only use a translator: https://diariodorio.com/rio-tem-o-janeiro-mais-quente-em-quase-100-anos/)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 30, 2019, 04:21:46 pm »

Now Maduro made a video imploring the USA people to intercede for him against Trump, because a coup is being financed by Trump pockets.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: January 30, 2019, 05:30:27 pm »

The new thread title is to "celebrate" the hottest day in about a century.

(Source, pt-br only use a translator: https://diariodorio.com/rio-tem-o-janeiro-mais-quente-em-quase-100-anos/)

Meanwhile, a polar vortex is hitting the midwest and the east...

Now Maduro made a video imploring the USA people to intercede for him against Trump, because a coup is being financed by Trump pockets.

Not sure what he expects the American people to do, because, unlike South America, we've never had a coup in the sense of the kind of hostile takeover that South America has had a history of. Sure, some would call the 2000 election a 'coup', but that isn't the same thing.

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 30, 2019, 07:45:05 pm »

Dunno. He's just shitting his pants because probably is going to spend the rest of his life on prison?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 30, 2019, 11:06:07 pm »

I also saw something about him claiming Trump paid for his assassination out of his own pocket. So, yeah, it’s just him mouthing off.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: February 01, 2019, 05:21:19 am »

Maduro sells more central bank gold to buy delicious euros.

My first reaction was that this seems like kind of a bad plan in the long term, but I don't know anything about economy so who knows?

And, I mean, the currency is already pretty intensely fucked... How much worse could it really get from this?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: February 01, 2019, 08:51:31 am »

I dont think they are going to plan for the long term anymore.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Latin American Politics: Heat's passed, it drowning time
« Reply #687 on: February 08, 2019, 08:23:11 am »

A massive storm hit Rio de Janeiro and its metropolitan area two days ago, causing a lot of damage even over 24 hours afterwards. This last night, the Ninho do Urubu (Vulture's Nest) training center of sports club Flamengo had one of its buildings, the lodgings of the teenage athletes, burn down. I've heard speculation that it caused by a candle since the area had no electrical power at that moment, but there's no official cause yet.

Death count is 10, but only the identity of two of those, both teenage players, have been confirmed so far.

What a damned waste.

Source in English
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: February 08, 2019, 08:48:49 am »

Darn it, that is really rough men. Such potential, specially Brazilian sportsmen, wasted as such young age.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #689 on: February 14, 2019, 11:46:20 pm »

All that money spent on Rio olympics, and for what

All potential, just lost

*EDIT
Searching for more gold to sell, Maduro still in battle against Bank of England regarding repatriation of Venezuelan gold
Venezuelan opposition says the gold shouldn't be repatriated if it's just going to finance corruption
Maduro says he needs the gold to provide the relevant liquidity to just unfuck Venezuela's shit right now
USA says not to repatriate the gold to keep up the sanctions pressure
Bank of England gives a whole bunch of waffle about how they will transfer the gold once the counterparty fulfills the relevant authorisations and criteria
/biz/ says the Bank of England is stalling because they don't actually have the gold
memes
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 11:56:27 pm by Loud Whispers »
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 73