Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is this game worth buying? (thread to know if something is worth buying)  (Read 867 times)

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I'll start.

There is a "new" game (I guess its new) called Dig or Die on steam that is I guess made by the creators of Terraria? That is what I was told anyway.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/315460/

Its really cheap, and steam reviews look good. But think its worth buying? (my money is pretty low this month, but I could push through and buy it if its really good). I love Terraria and still play it, and this looks like it but better...but I dunno.

What you guys think?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:09:49 am by Vendayn »
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess made by the creators of Terraria?
Nope. It's this studio's first game, and it shows. Come back when it's finished, if it gets finished.

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I guess made by the creators of Terraria?
Nope. It's this studio's first game, and it shows. Come back when it's finished, if it gets finished.

ah, then he made a game that was similar then. Whats wrong with it currently?
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's Early Access.

Yes, I'm one of those people.

On a more serious note, I would recommend waiting for it to flesh out more before investing in it. Something to keep an eye on, but I'm not sure there's enough to justify an early purchase.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile

They recently updated the art, so it looks a lot less absolutely terrible, but I'd still say it's a "only-buy-if-you-have-a-few-spare-dollars-to-waste" game.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

Grim Dawn: is it worth buying?

Meaning: I'm sure it's alright, but does it actually add something to the genre that Diablo 2 or Torchlight did not? I mean, it's not crazy expensive but it's not cheap either. And if there's no novelty... I mean, at least Victor Vran brought some gameplay freshnesh to the genre, even if the story was as cookie-cutter as they come. I'm not sure I'm willing to dish out 22€ for Diablo-2-with-a-facelift, when I have the original and a couple of its sequels which are still perfectly good.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

yarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Grim Dawn
I don't think so. I bought it when it was on sale but quickly refunded it after about an hour.
It felt like a Path of Exile clone with the bad animations and all.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

That's another thing: I saw a couple of videos and while the graphics weren't bad, they weren't exactly awe-inspiring either
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile

I put about 10 hours into Grim Dawn before I moved on and never looked back. It felt like a game that I could get invested in and have fun with...if I didn't have a ton of other games that were easier to get into and enjoy more.