Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Post-apocalyptic settlement manager, city builder thing. Turn 3  (Read 1107 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is a dark and violent age for mankind, the once great city's of man lies in ruins.
The land, sky and water all where poisoned by the final battles of mighty warrior tribes.

But life remained as man and beast changed in the blackened land.
It was natural that you the eldest of band would lead and manage.

And now it time for you to teach them of city's and settlement.

Riseing from your tent, you take in the overview of your city.

City thats a funny word, all you have right now is a dozen crude shelters and some ragged tents. 
Bu there room by this river, land to work and room to build and grow

The good news in the distance you can see the scavenging retuning, they have has uncovered some supply's:
(pick one)

A)Armour.
Scouts have uncovered an "adult dress store" from the supply's inside you have gained.
+20 suits of leather armour enhanced with gasmasks (+2 armour, +3 to environmental protection)

B)Weapons.
Scouts have uncovered the basement of a pre cataclysm weapon collector,The weapons are marked with the runes "Ninja Commando Decapitator" clearly these are magic blades from the god L33t Haxor!.
+1 20 good melee weapon (+3 melee attack)

C)Pets.
A zoo still containing a few of the rad altered descendants of the animals.
+ 20 exotic mounts

D)Refugees
A pack of semi starved mutants that are willing to join you.
+60 workers

Spoiler: Current Buildings (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Supplys (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Workers (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Warriors (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Weapons (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Armour (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Available Tasks (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Construction (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Workshops (click to show/hide)

----------------

« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 02:02:28 pm by Funk »
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post-apocalyptic settlement manager, city builder thing.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 06:38:18 pm »

I assume we do tasks until we run out of workers?

Anyways, for event I think best bet would be Armor

For things to do, first off start a stonecutting party consisting of 15 workers, 15 cut wood, have 20 more clear a couple farm plots, and have the rest divide between fishing and getting water and foraging.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 07:53:00 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 07:34:25 pm »

I assume we do tasks until we run out of workers?

Anyways, for event I think best bet would be Armor

All tasks are carried out at the same time, so you will only run out of works if they all die or leave.
Right now you don't need to have any workers assigned to gathering water, the children do it.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2016, 07:53:41 pm »

Heh, I meant we can do as many tasks as we have workers for it. And ok, I'll have them forage then.
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 04:37:22 pm »

You divided up the workers in to 4 partys an set them to work.

The stone gathering party manage to quarry a total of 15 units
While the lumberjacks return with 15 units of wood and the villages first injury, a severed finger.
While it's the first your sure at it won't be the last.

Work on the Farm plots good work goes well and 2 plots are cleared in time for the sowing.

The Fishing  goes well as an aray of traps , nets and lines fill river and the fish fill your stomachs.
Indeed you have so much fish that you have to let the left over rot in the sun for lack of a place to store them.
(Food from fishing +107 - Food eaten - 100)
As spring dawns you decide to work on..

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 04:53:07 pm »

Ok, with the stone gathered start drigging a Well with 20 workers, have 5 workers work on getting better shelters, have 10 workers start planting crops, have 10 workers start on a clinic, have 10 more start on a weapons workshop, have 5 workers each work on gathering more stone and wood, as well as starting on metal, have 25 continue fishing, and have the last 5 train as warriors.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post-apocalyptic settlement manager, city builder thing. Turn 3
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 02:02:03 pm »

Ok, with the stone gathered start drigging a Well with 20 workers, have 5 workers work on getting better shelters, have 10 workers start planting crops, have 10 workers start on a clinic, have 10 more start on a weapons workshop, have 5 workers each work on gathering more stone and wood, as well as starting on metal, have 25 continue fishing, and have the last 5 train as warriors.
Well 1, 2 major accident in digging leads to a gas build up and 7 workers lying dead at the bottom of well from asphyxiation.

After the bodys are removed and choking Methane burnt off, the work is slowly completed.

New wooden shelters for 25 workers are built and the crops are sewn with out any trouble.

Work on the building of the clinic and weapons workshop is completed without any problems.
The gathering of stone, wood and metal is uneventfull.
The fishermen where extremely lucky and the fish where even more plentiful than before and
66 units of food are gathered.

The training of your first warriors is a success and the 5 lean the basics quickly.

A Trader enters your little settlement, while she has nothing you wish to buy right now, she is willing to bring you cargo if paid in advance.
------------------

Spoiler: Workshop Tasks (click to show/hide)