Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 59126 times)

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(7/9): Day 4: You make Null weep.
« Reply #465 on: June 29, 2016, 02:40:35 pm »

Unvote.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 29, 2016, 05:36:15 pm »

Sorry, people. I realise that my play this game has been pretty (entirely) abysmal. On the bright side, as far as I can tell, as long as Tiruin is town and doesn't die tonight it's literally impossible for the town to lose at this stage since she lives as long as Jack does in that case. So at the minute the game is basically won as long as Wozzy's night skip does what he thinks it does.

So for players:
Jack is confirmed as town assuming BHK's ability works like he says it does.
Tiruin is unlikely to be scum unless asking to die is part of a gambit.
Wozzy seems likely to be town. If he skips tonight the town can't lose, so it seems unlikely that he'd claim this ability as scum.
BHK has claimed confirmable actions, but the scum also haven't performed any kills. Interaction with TBF makes it unlikely that he'd be scum.
4mask: I don't think it's very unlikely that he'd bus a scum partner that would almost certainly be lynched the next day anyway barring a major turnaround. Seems most likely scum at the minute to me, but I need to get time to do a proper re read.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 29, 2016, 05:42:24 pm »

Also... FYI Tiruin, you're lynching me.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(6/9): Day 5: The ashes
« Reply #468 on: June 29, 2016, 06:43:10 pm »

"Yes, yes, she is. Take him out, L.Y.N.C.H.!"

Votecount:
Deus Asmoth(0): []
griffinpup(1): [Tiruin]
Jack A T(0): []
BlackHeartKabal(0): []
Wozzy(0): []
4maskwolf(0): []
Tiruin(0): []

A burst of color shoots forth from the L.Y.N.C.H., striking griffinpup and enfolding within itself. And then it imploded. The colored remnants of the Thing's life float away in a silver breeze.

griffinpup was This(town)
(Night): Explosion of You [target]: You explode yourself around your target. Your dazzling, confusing, “beauty” results in your target being “randomized”, changing his/her target(s) to random players.
(1-Shot, Auto): Recursion: When you die, the player that is the direct cause of your death(placing the hammer vote on you, using a kill action on you, whatnot) will gain your role, minus this auto.

"Well then. I'm pretty sure it's time for the fourth night, right?"

Negative.

"Eh? Why not?"

Incoming infernal entities. Estimated number: over nine thousand.

"Infernal entities... oh."

Null seems to be staring at a horde of demonic things that are flying towards you all.

"Okay, okay, through the portal! I'll handle this!"
~~~
48 hours later, Null pokes his head back through the portal.

"Okay, all clear! Sadly, I was a little lazy in dealing with them... so I ended up using up all the time that would have been the fourth night phase. Sorry. So... I think it's time for Day 5 to begin.

Votecount Initiating:

Votecount:
Deus Asmoth(0): []
Jack A T(0): []
BlackHeartKabal(0): []
Wozzy(0): []
4maskwolf(0): []
Tiruin(0): []

Day 5 will end 6:40 P.M. or so central/forum time Sunday.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(6/9): Day 5: The ashes.
« Reply #469 on: June 29, 2016, 09:11:28 pm »

Deus Asmoth seems most likely to be scum at this point, since BHK and Wozzy are unlikely and Tiruin has protection from lynches anyway and I have no specific reason to disbelieve her claims of protecting people at night.

On another note, responding to something said shortly before day end.

4mask: I don't think it's very unlikely that he'd bus a scum partner that would almost certainly be lynched the next day anyway barring a major turnaround. Seems most likely scum at the minute to me, but I need to get time to do a proper re read.
Bro, that trick does not work as well as you seem to think it does, particularly when you have a reputation for it like I do.  I don't blindly bus people, thank you very much, I only do it if it'll actually earn me townie points (or I think there is a good chance it will).  And come on, with this crowd, who would actually give me town points for being the last person on the TBF lynch?

That being said, I'm going to laugh my ass off after the game if this is a high-risk gambit that backfired horribly on me because of the way confirmed and near confirmed town are shaking out, because that's classic 4mask right there.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 29, 2016, 11:08:04 pm »

Also... FYI Tiruin, you're lynching me.
>_>
<_<
>.>
<.<
I was asleep.

SOOOOO
Uh ._.
Sorry, people. I realise that my play this game has been pretty (entirely) abysmal. On the bright side, as far as I can tell, as long as Tiruin is town and doesn't die tonight it's literally impossible for the town to lose at this stage since she lives as long as Jack does in that case. So at the minute the game is basically won as long as Wozzy's night skip does what he thinks it does.
Oh *pats and hugs* :<
We all have those times wherein we don't match our commitments due to external reasons entirely or partially out of our control. You're still an awesome dude just like everyone else here! :>

That said...
Uh, I guess I cheated death?

Incoming infernal entities. Estimated number: over nine thousand.

"Infernal entities... oh."

Null seems to be staring at a horde of demonic things that are flying towards you all.
Town Necromancer o_o

Deus Asmoth
I'm all :3 here because as mentioned before--I exhausted my protects, meaning that I cannot protect anyone anymore and only have that dayextend, which is all exhausted as per yesterday, meaning the ONLY power I had left was the "Avatar" power, pertaining to me being able to make one post post-death.

Guess what happened~

My role was wiped! (But the only role I got left with was griffinpup's)
So, dun dun duuuun~
The last scum, is YOU! [I think you forget that note there...that I shotgun'd my ability and was one big unspoken cue on my vote on my marking you in my suspect list beforehand]
(Also I'm not the Queen anymore o_o I'm a SHINING STAR OF LIGHT!)
* Tiruin breakdances into disco.

Thankfully the /me tag is silly. :v

Deus Asmoth
Shorten.
I'm calling near perfect town game here, as lynches were caused by either external circumstances [I was asleep T_T] and misunderstanding NQT. :P

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 30, 2016, 01:06:47 am »

And come on, with this crowd, who would actually give me town points for being the last person on the TBF lynch?
4mask: Me, because you weren't just the last person: you ensured the lynch (flipped the vote from 3-3 to 4-2).  Your meta means you get fewer town points, but you got enough to keep you under Deus and griffinpup on my list.

That being said, you're just under Deus now.

(Also I'm not the Queen anymore o_o I'm a SHINING STAR OF LIGHT!)
Tiruin: I reject this anti-monarchist plot against the Crown of Canada.

Deus Asmoth, Shorten.  Wozzy's town.  I'm town.  Tiruin spent yesterday trying to die.  BHK spent D3 in a very non-bussy clash with TBF.

Wozzy: Please shoot 4mask.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 30, 2016, 05:21:14 am »

PFP
@Jack, done.

Deus AsmothShorten

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 30, 2016, 05:25:47 am »

Deus Asmoth. Shorten.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.
« Reply #474 on: June 30, 2016, 08:37:16 am »

"Oh, NOW you get competent. Take him out, L.Y.N.C.H.!"

Votecount:
It shouldn't need stating, at this point.

The L.Y.N.C.H does nothing for a few moments. Then it prints a line of text.

"Null Nevermore, you are dead."

"Suppose I am, then. Bah."

Deus Asmoth's Mask disintegrates, revealing none other than Null Nevermore.

"All right clone, you did fine. But I'll take my rightful place back now."

The previous Null Nevermore disintegrates with a grin on his face.

Null steps away, entering a portal.

Analysis:

Null Nevermore(mafia)
(Night): Action Nullification [target]: I nullify the target’s action, effectively blocking them. Nullification magic for the win!
(1-Shot, Night, Mafiakill): Absolute Nullification [target]: I nullify my target’s role. Absolutely, completely, utterly. If they are town, they are reduced to a Vanilla Townie, and if they are mafia, they are reduced to a Mafioso. In addition, their vote(s) is/are nullified also. But they aren’t told that, nor will it show up in the vote count. Heh heh… also, it’s worth noting that although this action doesn’t kill, it still counts as a kill action.

Game over. Town win.

The remaining Masks disintegrate.

And then holes in the world open, sucking everybody through them.

"I'm thinking you've earned this. The portals will take you home. They may also result in temporary insanity and memory loss. Like, complete memory loss. What, you think I want to get the knowledge that I LOST A GAME spread throughout the multiverse? Have fun!"

With that, everybody is pulled towards their respective portal. But two people still have things to do.

First, Wozzy, now revealed as the demonic archer Leraje, draws forth an arrow from his quiver and shoots it at 4maskwolf. It hits, and a horrible necrosis afflicts him.

A highly powerful virus was soon found infecting the Bay12Games main server.

Second... Jack A T pulled forth a golden crown, the crown of the Queen of Canada, and tossed it to Tiruin, who caught it, surprised.

"Take this... and remember me."

The portals finished the job soon after, sending the former players of the game back to their home worlds. As an afterthought, Null tosses a sphere of energy through Tiruin's portal before it closed.

The ball of energy stabilized Tiruin's new form, making her mostly human.

"Well then. That was fun. At least until I lost. Hm. I'm going to go help Lord English destroy his section of the multiverse or whatever he plans on doing."

Null vanishes from existence. The L.Y.N.C.H. is soon collected by Nowhere, who disappears in a flash of light.

Game over. Town win.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 30, 2016, 08:40:41 am »

And, for the first time, 4mask lynched two scum and was not himself scum.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 30, 2016, 08:42:12 am »

So what was everybody else?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 30, 2016, 09:00:37 am »

Now for... the original roles, and commentary on them!

Spoiler: notquitethere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Jack A T (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: BlackHeartKabal (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wozzy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 4maskwolf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tiruin (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Overall game notes: (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 10:01:48 am by FallacyofUrist »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 30, 2016, 09:32:36 am »

My read on Deus was spot on, and TBF was also in my kill-next pile. This might have been the only time my being lynched as town has actively benefited town.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 30, 2016, 10:06:10 am »

And... for your convenience:

Also, have the dead chat [link].

Now then.
One final note: there was a potential mod error made when TBF redirected BHK to Deus. I'm not sure whether I acted as I should have when that happened(what I should have done was roll initiative for griffinpup and TBF to see who went first). I may or may not have done that, I'm not sure.

Now I'm going to report this game finished.
Good game, y'all.

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33