Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 59127 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(8/9): Day 3: Nobody died. Again.
« Reply #450 on: June 28, 2016, 12:26:18 am »

TBF:
Wait, I'm NOT a top-frequency poster?  Why the carp am I being so quiet?

Everybody:Questions?
What did you expect this to accomplish?

Jack:
Deus: So you're the one behind the failed block that NQT wanted information on.  Hm.  Why did you try to block NQT and why claim this now (not earlier or later)?
I didn't claim it earlier because NQT didn't ask for information on the block as far as I could see, he just mentioned that someone tried to block him and it failed in order to prevent paradox (which... seems odd since the only time it would cause a paradox would have been if we'd both targeted each other in which case the result is irrelevant since it's a self contained unit, but whatever). I'm claiming it now because it saves us the waste of time that giving a vague answer and leaving you to decide that you're not happy with a vague answer and asking again would have been. I blocked him because you and Tiruin seemed unlikely to be mafia to me at the time and NQT seemed slightly more likely to be scum than 4mask at the time as I recall. Plus I figured that if he were scum along with one of the newer players he'd be more likely to do the kill so that they wouldn't have to fake claim an action later.
This is the post in question that I thought about.  DA had mentioned D3 earlier that day that he'd chosen his roleblock for N1 between me and NQT, so I figured I had higher than average odds of being blocked.  As I noted, though, that was just icing on the cake of not having a clear target and wanting to conserve my abilities for when they really mattered.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(7/9): Day 4: You make Null weep.
« Reply #451 on: June 28, 2016, 12:36:36 am »

PFP
To finish my roleclaim--I shotgun'd protect everyone N3, and I double protected Jack A T at that time too.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: June 28, 2016, 02:13:18 am »

Full roleclaims, please.  That includes action records.
For posterity: TBF, scum, was the most frequent poster.
Are you NQT? :P
Tiruin: Nope.  Just amused to see someone almost as far from NQT's model of scum as possible turn out to be scum.

Player-by-player TBF interaction/relationship examination:
Spoiler: long long long (click to show/hide)
TBF clashed widely.  There was almost certainly significant bussing sometime in the game.  Relationships were interesting.

Ranking people from most to least likely scum:
1. Deus (of players not confirmed, weakest relationship with TBF either way, and has contributed almost nothing else.)
2. griffinpup
3. Tiruin and 4mask (tie: each has a strong, but imperfect, point in their favour)
5. BHK
6. Wozzy (basically confirmed town)

Deus Asmoth: Looking through everything, I found your activity troubling.  Specifically, I found the lack of it troubling.
So far, your voting and FoSing record is the absolute slimmest of the game.  Voting alone, you've given one vote in four days, tied with the voting-uneasy Wozzy.  At least he FoSes, though.
You've given us one full-on suspect in four days: TBF.  Outside of that, you once had a gut feeling, but you never tried to solidify that through questioning.  You asked NQT two questions to defend yourself, but that's it.  Nothing else D1 or D2.
And your latest block?  You've never even spoken to 4mask.  You've only even mentioned him once before, to say that you found him less scummy than NQT D1.

I want to see a full set of reads from you, including reasons.  In addition, I would like to know why you interact so little with those you suspect enough to block.  Why don't you work to actively improve those gut feelings?

Also, what made you decide to act at all N1?  You had nothing but a gut feeling to act on then, and risked stopping a useful town action.  Why act?
Why block 4mask N3, too?  Who did you block N2?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: June 28, 2016, 03:28:41 am »

Full roleclaims, please.  That includes action records.
And then the Law was scum all along. :P
Ok, coping mechanism of humor aside.

I am currently the Queen of Canada. Otherwise, I am me, Tiruin.
I have three powers in my ability list, with the fourth being the Queen.
I have a one-shot 'make one post post-death that has its contents limited to info in-game', day-activated; unused.
I have a two-shot Timezone ability that adds a 24 hour extension (not counted to the total extensions) to the game--both are used.
I have a one-shot/no-shot Protect ability, which is modeled around my personality in a way...I guess? I aimed all of it at Jack A T since N1, then used the one-shot on N3. The one-shot is basically converting the Protect to target everyone alive.

Contending abilities:
N1: Redirected; Roleblocked. Hindsight notes that NQT's flavor was me slipping and then getting a concussion (RB); White Flash (redirection) would probably be an unclaimed redirector, or TBF's flavor. It all led to NQT and was blocked anywya.
N2: Redirected to 4maskwolf; the flavor matches his claim (flavor out of nowhere--a significant note for him), albeit easily confused by me because I saw a similarity of 'Short Term Memory Loss' from both N1 and N2; N1 was a white flash, N2 had me reeking of alcohol.
*** I have received my omen meaning via PM on N3 and D4 accordingly, [Legend]; the first telling me 'I can act again tonight {N3}', the second revealing a full role {Hii Wozzy!}, the third hangs in the balance of the Fates.
N3 had me doing both Protects. Aiming first at Jack A T, and the second as a shotgun-everyone act. I was not interrupted whatsoever (so all flavor is mine, and the tarot reading).

In hindsight in recalling my notes, this is what partially poked me to suspecting 4mask or the others who have not acted; it seems convenient, given my rambling about what I'll be doing in the past days--I lied about me using my one-shot N2 but I don't think anyone believed it anyway, so I withheld it until i saw everyone (but griffin :v) actionclaim.

3. Tiruin and 4mask (tie: each has a strong, but imperfect, point in their favour)
Awh :> I still wonder why I'm up there though!
Also that is one brilliantly formatted list, Jack. Basically--I would like to die tonight to eliminate any suspect; worst case is me dwelling my time away because there's a mislynch (resulting in people voting other dudes), then I die in the night in which I cannot protect myself from (unless I lied about my roleclaim :v but BHK stated his tarot reading bypasses everything, and I do not pass Go!).

Deus Asmoth: Looking through everything, I found your activity troubling.  Specifically, I found the lack of it troubling.
While I'd agree with the point for Griffin/TDS at the start, noting the vote down in recalling my notes has it as a light lead. That said, considering DA's claimant (And somehow his interest in what I did last night?), he'd either be fakeclaiming on the power of his abilities, or trueclaiming...or softclaiming as a guise.

Either way, we've got a scenario of Griffin/4mask/DA.
Wozzy has a kill-shot, BHK has a randomizer, Jack has...nothing after N4 since I'm going to be gone (however if y'all believe I'm towny enough, you can skip the night and..try your luck? I'm OUT of protects and everything other than my 'one post after death', so I'll be fairly little use other than a regular voter)

...And that makes the seven of us. I believe we should cast our lots on one of them, either griffin/DA--in the worst case scenario, via process of elimination; Wozzy shoots whomever is the remainder. Given the claims at hand, especially the action order--redirectors/roleblockers go before kills, and yet it is commonly known that the redirector cannot target THEMSELF, and if DA is scum (griffin gets lynched), he's either got that ultimate roleblock to save himself OR a fakeclaim.

Game over for scum in this case, presuming either of the 3 is scum. However I cannot see it reasonable due to many circumstances that BHK/Wozzy (If BHK is scum, I'll be :O! That's some bussing!), or Jack, is scum.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: June 28, 2016, 03:03:34 pm »

So I've already full role-claimed.  I have a random redirect, the flavor is an explosion of light. (I'm a cosmosy-thing)
1. I light-exploded Tiruin, BHK, and then no-one

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: June 28, 2016, 03:28:12 pm »

I am a role based around Tarot Cards.

I can visit a person to give them a tarot reading once per game that has varied effects depending on the cards I draw.

The High Priestess: Target learns the full role of another player.
The Empress: Target gets a spare action useable beyond death.
The Chariot: Targets action will work as they intend regardless of anyone else's actions related. ( example - if Jack AT were a Vig who wanted to shoot Deus Asmoth being protected by two protectives and who was also bussed with Tiruin, it would end with Deus Asmoth dead irregardless. )
The Hermit: Grants target a one shot lie detector.
The Wheel of Fortune: 1-shot night ability from list of Track, Watch, Alignment Inspect, Block, Kill, which will disappear from their role after use.
The Fates: Randomly redirects target's action.
The Moon: PMs target a random player's username and tells them that they are mafia.
The Sun: PMs target a random player's username and tells them their true alignment.
The Renewal: Renews all of target's shotted abilities.
The Fool: Effect of a random other tarot card.
Death: Target dies, regardless of anything. See The Chariot, except with death.

N1 - Tiruin, The Empress(N2), The High Priestess(N3), Death(N4).
N2 - I hate you guys Went to Jack A T, fell through a patch of ground, woke up with amnesia, bruises, and the scent of alcohol. Set out to my own house, saw an explosion of light, went to Tiruin, then got redirected again to Deus Asmoth. The Sun(N3), The Fool(N4), The Hermit(N5).
N3 - Griffinpup, The Wheel of Fortune(N4), The Wheel of Fortune(N5), The Hermit(N6).

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 28, 2016, 05:58:53 pm »

Oh.  Cool.  DA
Who'd you tell your alignment too?  And why didn't you mention anything?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 29, 2016, 12:32:03 am »

N2 - I hate you guys Went to Jack A T, fell through a patch of ground, woke up with amnesia, bruises, and the scent of alcohol. Set out to my own house, saw an explosion of light, went to Tiruin, then got redirected again to Deus Asmoth. The Sun(N3), The Fool(N4), The Hermit(N5).
Still wondering how come I got the effects of your N2, too. :P

So I've already full role-claimed.  I have a random redirect, the flavor is an explosion of light. (I'm a cosmosy-thing)
1. I light-exploded Tiruin, BHK, and then no-one
Dats it? :I Surely you've other things in your pocket than...just an 'ability that randomly redirects'.

Oh.  Cool.  DA
Alignment whatnow? O_o

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 29, 2016, 12:50:57 am »

Oh.  Cool.  DA
No.
As in, it gives an investigative result to the target.
So DA knows the alignment of someone.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 29, 2016, 12:55:05 am »

Oh.  Cool.  DA
No.
I'm lucky I remember that post because of how he worded it. :P "surprising no one". Humor \o/

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 29, 2016, 11:28:26 am »

Oh.  Cool.  DA
No.
My apologies.  I totally misunderstood the effect of the sun, apparently.  Unvote.

And yeah.  That is my only power.  I'm pretty chapped.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 29, 2016, 01:04:16 pm »

PFP

Literally a thought dump, so I'm sorry it seems....random.

So we have one vote on GP and one on DA, right? (mod plz)

I used my ability to skip N4. Even if it doesn't work to save Tiruin, at least we don't have to worry about GP potentially using WoF to kill someone if he is Mafia.

The fact that we haven't had a single kill confused me. I just don't get it, are we nailing our protects that well.

Roleblocking is generally a scum ability, but we still don't know if they have an actual ability to kill, or if they select a target to kill. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the later, and we just did a great job of protecting.

With that said, we have three votes technically, so let's use them.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 29, 2016, 01:37:42 pm »

Oh, and I suppose that being my only ability isn't entirely truthful.  I also have a 1-shot auto that gives the guy who kills me my redirect... Cuz yeah.  Grr.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 29, 2016, 01:49:13 pm »

Extend.

This extend probably won't go through, so note that if we are still tied in a few hours, I will unvote.  I prefer a Deus lynch, but griffinpup is acceptable to me.

I'd trace back the claimed power uses as best I could, but I just woke up and we've only got a few hours without extension.

The fact that we haven't had a single kill confused me. I just don't get it, are we nailing our protects that well.
Wozzy: Ludicrious amount of powers to prevent kills (blocks, protects, etc.) makes it hard to kill.  Night 2, I used a power to stop all kills.  Night 3, Tiruin claims to have used a power to protect everyone.
That leaves Night 1, which is half-explained already: TBF claimed to have been blocked that night.  It is more likely than not that something (block or not) stopped his action (almost certainly the NK) N1.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 29, 2016, 02:29:20 pm »

Now it's raining chocolate chips.

Votecount Initiating:

Votecount:
Deus Asmoth(1): [Jack A T]
griffinpup(1): [Tiruin]
Jack A T(0): []
BlackHeartKabal(0): []
Wozzy(0): []
4maskwolf(0): []
Tiruin(0): []

Day will end 6:30 P.M. central/forum time Wednesday.

Extend.
"Nope! The day can only be extended once per day! Barring role powers, anyway."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33