Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 59150 times)

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(7/9): Day 4: You make Null weep.
« Reply #435 on: June 25, 2016, 01:34:14 pm »

I blocked 4mask last night. Also, the Sun (I think) triggered for me. Jack is town, surprising no one.

Tiruin, did you use that mass protect? Seems relevant for figuring out who could have had a kill stopped.

Jack, it was just a gut feeling. I don't recall there being a solid reason for picking him other than that.
Fullclaims please :P I'm not claiming that bit there because it's essentially the only thing I'm not claiming until everyone else has claimed. My previous posts already...answer that however.

K. I'm a Clone of Null Nevermore. At night I can use nullification magic to block someone, or use Absolute Nullification to block someone forever as a one-shot.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 25, 2016, 04:14:02 pm »

K. I'm a Clone of Null Nevermore. At night I can use nullification magic to block someone, or use Absolute Nullification to block someone forever as a one-shot.
So...did you use that one-shot, and whom are your candidates for using it? :O
What've you been doing the whole everynightbeforenow?

PFP

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 25, 2016, 04:54:23 pm »

Blocking people. I haven't used the one-shot yet, mostly because it doesn't seem reliable enough to even use on someone scummy considering how likely it seems that it'd get redirected to someone else entirely.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 27, 2016, 01:51:33 pm »

... the day hasn't ended yet, yet nobody's posted since two days ago.

How is that a thing?

"Get to figuring out who to murderize, folks!"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 27, 2016, 10:57:20 pm »

Day Extended by 24 hours. Day 4 will now end 6:30 P.M. central/forum time Wednesday.

"... well then. YOU HAD BETTER MAKE USE OF THAT TIME!"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 27, 2016, 11:05:45 pm »

Okay guys final roleclaim/planning phase.  I, as noted, only have a random redirect, which is mostly useless in this scenario, because the action still occurs.  So I'm not going to us that ability, for obvious reasons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 27, 2016, 11:10:26 pm »

Extend then? Since I guess Finals are happening all over the world (while we have THESISFUNTIME here, now marked on July 7. Oh the tension!)

For posterity: TBF, scum, was the most frequent poster.
Are you NQT? :P

Right, so since I'm unsure of the time (Fallacy? :v GMs usually drop the timer everytime they post after a relative amount of time), I'll shoot my dayshot here.
PPE:
Spoiler: This was me. (click to show/hide)
Deus Asmoth(0): []
griffinpup(0): []
Jack A T(0): []
BlackHeartKabal(0): []
Wozzy(0): []
4maskwolf(0): []
Tiruin(0): []
Suspect list: 4mask, griffin, DA.
Will be checking back for pattern behavior and assessing TBF's behavior.
Wiping griffinpup from the list after assessing D1 (ie TBF's voting pattern, following in the footsteps of probably-grumpy-but-nice NQT) along with behavioral patterns, and noting that there's a safety net in a probability in between a mislynch, considering the factors in play, we have a LACK of claims from some few folk. I am suspicious of DA's power, as it seems a tad bit on the refined-powerful side, albeit considering that it renders only one person--and can be redirected or manipulated--inactive via ability alone.

4maskwolf, I detect a discrepancy within your claim.
#calledit

I have two parts to my role that I can share at this time.

The first, which I used on Jack A T, was a one-shot ability that caused all other actions targeting my target to be randomized.  This was already claimed in the past.

My second power is a two-shot protect.  I have used neither of them.

Also, I was roleblocked last night, although I took no action.
Your one-shot on Jack A T is detected by the Queen, solely through indirect assumptions. Considering the flavor of NQT's ROLEBLOCK, with reflection on my post, I can thus say that you are most likely lying about that first statement there, in the least of it being a one-shot.

Because noting the white flash, and that I suffered a similar case of STM in both N1/2, after targeting JACK BOTH TIMES without a difference in flavor other than the similarity of blunt force trauma and the presence of similar symptoms (and signs) of recall interference, I lay down a case of fallibility upon you.

Plead your case. You speak against someone who does not fear death.

PFP because I did a re-read but I'm in a public PC place with my newts at home ._.

PPE: Hhhhhhhh
Okay guys final roleclaim/planning phase.  I, as noted, only have a random redirect, which is mostly useless in this scenario, because the action still occurs.  So I'm not going to us that ability, for obvious reasons.
Ok, second on my suspicious list because of saying redirects randomly is useless :^
Did you note this beforehand and what you/TDS did before?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 27, 2016, 11:34:43 pm »

Your one-shot on Jack A T is detected by the Queen, solely through indirect assumptions. Considering the flavor of NQT's ROLEBLOCK, with reflection on my post, I can thus say that you are most likely lying about that first statement there, in the least of it being a one-shot.

Because noting the white flash, and that I suffered a similar case of STM in both N1/2, after targeting JACK BOTH TIMES without a difference in flavor other than the similarity of blunt force trauma and the presence of similar symptoms (and signs) of recall interference, I lay down a case of fallibility upon you.
Quick points before I get into the semantics debates: why would I, as scum, make a town player immune to having actions taken on them (and potentially redirect hostile actions to me or my scum partner) on N1 and why would I claim it was a one-shot when it wasn't and claim to have done nothing that night when my night action was reasonably benign and I had no specific reason to hide it?  I can't fathom a word of this argument because this being the case (and me being scum) would require me to deliberately take anti-team actions and then lie about them without reason.

With that being said, there's no flavor in your N1 redirect indicating it being related to Dwarf Fortress, while the N2 one did (smelling of alcohol).  On top of which, there are other confirmed redirectors/randomizers in the game, so accusing me of lying when other redirectors exist is rather silly.

There's also the balance issue: being able to turn someone into a Nexus is incredibly powerful when compared to my other abilities.  In making the argument you're making, you're basically arguing that I had at least two shots, if not an unlimited number, of an ability that powerful when I only have one of my kill/track and two of my basic protect, which is incredibly silly from a game balance standpoint.  The other option is that you're accusing me of fabricating my entire roleclaim, which I'll note I've only done once, in a game with semi-known roles, and backed so far into a corner it was the only possible way out (Supernatural Eight, if you couldn't guess from the description).  I have a policy of being as truthful as I can be with my roleclaims whether I'm town or scum: as town, I only hide abilities that could be used as trump cards against the scum, and as scum, the best lies are the ones where you have to make up the least.

I'm honestly rather disappointed that this is the reason you're voting for me.  A thought experiment I started doing on Mafia Universe and which I'm doing here as well is to, every so often, try to look at myself from an uniformed townie's perspective and build a case against myself.  This is helpful in all alignments because it allows me to think of ways to defend myself should those accusations arise.  Earlier D4 I did this and, to my aggravation, came up with a decently strong case against myself based on my action claim, the known actions (and, perhaps more importantly, lack of actions), and old meta, but you managed to hit none of those points and instead accuse me on incredibly shaky and nonsensical ground.

I'm also slightly disturbed by the amount of people you've put on your "clear" list for shaky reasons, but that's playstyle differences and eh whatever.

griffinpup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 27, 2016, 11:36:41 pm »

Tiruin:
Ok, second on my suspicious list because of saying redirects randomly is useless :^
So, when I mean useless, it's useless in this scenario.  Earlier-game, it was useful, by potentially randomizing scum's use ability.  Now, however, ideally we'll make a coherent plan of trying to catch scum with abilities, maybe catch them in a lie.  If we don't come up with a plan, I'll be using my randomize.  But see how a randomize like mine can ruin most plans?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 27, 2016, 11:49:10 pm »

Quick points before I get into the semantics debates: why would I, as scum, make a town player immune to having actions taken on them (and potentially redirect hostile actions to me or my scum partner) on N1 and why would I claim it was a one-shot when it wasn't and claim to have done nothing that night when my night action was reasonably benign and I had no specific reason to hide it?  I can't fathom a word of this argument because this being the case (and me being scum) would require me to deliberately take anti-team actions and then lie about them without reason.

With that being said, there's no flavor in your N1 redirect indicating it being related to Dwarf Fortress, while the N2 one did (smelling of alcohol).  On top of which, there are other confirmed redirectors/randomizers in the game, so accusing me of lying when other redirectors exist is rather silly.
You mentioned it was a one-shot inferred to reference N1, but this mentions N2. I targeted Jack N2; this matches the one you mentioned.

And for those other redirectors--special mention to griffinpup, the list of claims pokes them too.
Jack A T as Part of Canadian Law
Wozzy is known to me and checks out perfectly
BHK is a tarot card reader (with presumably more than these abilities)
Deus is an Ulti-Blocker who despite lacking reasons behind his claims and when they occurred have added information to them. {I cleared him because he's clearing Jack as a really dangerous gambit IF SCUM}
4maskwolf as a doctor/redirector

Jack A T
Wozzy
BlackHeartKabal
Deus Asmoth
4maskwolf
griffinpup

Tiruin - I'm useless anyway :^ Let me go~
Out of y'all, griffin has been irresponsibly vague about himself--he hasn't bothered to claim what happened, but hasn't also claimed targeting me N1. Considering there is only one scum left, there is the distinct idea that nobody can lie now (because that'd be silly.)

Tiruin:
So, when I mean useless, it's useless in this scenario.  Earlier-game, it was useful, by potentially randomizing scum's use ability.  Now, however, ideally we'll make a coherent plan of trying to catch scum with abilities, maybe catch them in a lie.  If we don't come up with a plan, I'll be using my randomize.  But see how a randomize like mine can ruin most plans?
Can you fullclaim please?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 27, 2016, 11:51:51 pm »

Edit on that part--the flash of light was pertaining to me being redirected; me slipping and falling = getting roleblocked.

I'm honestly rather disappointed that this is the reason you're voting for me.  A thought experiment I started doing on Mafia Universe and which I'm doing here as well is to, every so often, try to look at myself from an uniformed townie's perspective and build a case against myself.  This is helpful in all alignments because it allows me to think of ways to defend myself should those accusations arise.  Earlier D4 I did this and, to my aggravation, came up with a decently strong case against myself based on my action claim, the known actions (and, perhaps more importantly, lack of actions), and old meta, but you managed to hit none of those points and instead accuse me on incredibly shaky and nonsensical ground.
It's more of a pressure vote, really. You concluded very quickly, if I could comment on how you drew that 'honestly disappointed' card--in my arsenal of today, I need brevity (because RL stuff .-.) but that aside, I'm pretty open to discussion given the state of the game and number of scum left :)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 27, 2016, 11:54:40 pm »

You mentioned it was a one-shot inferred to reference N1, but this mentions N2. I targeted Jack N2; this matches the one you mentioned.
Yes, I did use it N2, and I never stated or implied otherwise.  I'm not sure what you're saying here.  The post you quoted of mine was on Day 3 saying "last night", referring to N2, so I have no idea what you're trying to say in this post.

Edit on that part--the flash of light was pertaining to me being redirected; me slipping and falling = getting roleblocked.

It's more of a pressure vote, really. You concluded very quickly, if I could comment on how you drew that 'honestly disappointed' card--in my arsenal of today, I need brevity (because RL stuff .-.) but that aside, I'm pretty open to discussion given the state of the game and number of scum left :)
I'm not entirely sure what any of this means either.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 28, 2016, 12:04:45 am »

Yes, I did use it N2, and I never stated or implied otherwise.  I'm not sure what you're saying here.  The post you quoted of mine was on Day 3 saying "last night", referring to N2, so I have no idea what you're trying to say in this post.
Just saying it looks really weird. You have two-shot protects left unused, also claiming that you did nothing N3, used a one-shot N2, and an unknown action N1. So it's really weird that, in speculation to bring me thinking about other means in your perspective, you bring me to think about 'random redirect that can possibly harm the scumteam N1'. On a specific person, which implies that that person is a high-value target, so the tone got to me. [Although you did mention you were absent and returned back on D2, the question lies on why you didn't act N3 remains]

That opens a large parallel if you were town, too. Why would you use a total redirect on someone? Why, as scum, would you target someone with a mass redirect with the idea that it can affect other people--if not backed up in some manner? Now this is all purely conjecture, given that I could've been hit by TBF N1, and I'm glaring at griffinpup with the same intensity I'm glaring at you, and it also makes sense on TBF targeting me onto NQT, and him targeting me given TBF's ability--especially on how it plays out in hindsight.

PFP

Unvote, griffinpup; what did you do?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 28, 2016, 12:15:14 am »

Tiruin: I did nothing N1.  I'm pretty sure I've said this already, perhaps as far back as D2, and if I didn't that's my bad and it's on me.

Now, why did I hit the mass-randomize on Jack?  Because even after the whole kerfuffle with NQT I was pretty sure Jack was town, so I used my strongest protection ability on him.  There are more ways to hinder a player than simply killing them, and given the lack of a kill N1 I did have some concerns about delayed-kill abilities (arsonist, poisoner, etc) that my protection wouldn't block, thus my use of extreme overkill in keeping him safe.  Plus, there was always a chance that a kill directed at him would hit a scum member instead, which would be pretty sweet in and of itself.

Why I didn't act N3?  Because I didn't have any targets.  I considered protecting Jack but given the lack of a kill decided to hold onto my limited uses for later, and while I was tempted to kill griffinpup (who was my next suspect after TBF flipped scum) I a) didn't have enough evidence to feel confident in making such a unilateral decision and b) given that Deus Asmoth had, on Day Three (I think, might have been Day Two) mentioned that he had blocked NQT as part of a toss-up between him and me, I figured that it wasn't impossible DA would block me and, not knowing how limited-use interacted with blocks, didn't want to risk burning an ability to no affect.

Also, what conclusions am I jumping to in that?  It was the exact facts plus my personal opinion: you did indeed hit none of the points I had thought up for why I was scum, and I saw your argument as nonsensical for reasons that I reiterated above.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 28, 2016, 12:23:37 am »

Also, what conclusions am I jumping to in that?  It was the exact facts plus my personal opinion: you did indeed hit none of the points I had thought up for why I was scum, and I saw your argument as nonsensical for reasons that I reiterated above.
While a very rare case for me--in this current setting, considering external conditions, my prowess in words at the moment does not match the perception I have in seeing things. :P Apologies for my lack of precision.

I figured that it wasn't impossible DA would block me and, not knowing how limited-use interacted with blocks, didn't want to risk burning an ability to no affect.
Planning for N3...why do you think you're a prominent target for this certain person? There's always a possibility you'll be targeted, but there's a sense of certainty here that I can see.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33