Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Now then. It seems that my co-mod's vanished from the forums. Options?

Just run the game without a co-mod. You can handle it, yeh? Pros: !!insanity, fun!!, Cons: Game might not go so well, roles might be unbalanced.
- 8 (53.3%)
Seek out a new co-mod. You might need it. Pros: sanity, good design, general boost, Cons: less !!insanity!!.
- 3 (20%)
I have no opinion on the matter.
- 4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR(5/9): GAME OVER.  (Read 59216 times)

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR(8/9): Day 3: Nobody died. Again.
« Reply #360 on: June 19, 2016, 03:35:08 pm »

Extend.

BHK: So what exactly am I supposed to explain about the NQT lynch result, then?
Why, despite not having an explicit kill power, did you claim that he was mafia because he triggered a jailing that only triggers with kills?
What the fuck even is this question, BHK?
Do not complain if I reciprocate this attitude later.

Jack said NQT tried to kill Tiruin, because the canadian jail thing only happens to people who make an attempt on her. NQT did not have an explicit killing power, except his misfortune thing that only kills when used on someone twice in a row. Nobody has two night actions, so it's impossible for NQT to have tried to make that kill. Jack's story doesn't line up, why the hell does nobody see it but me?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 19, 2016, 03:37:04 pm »

You're missing the part where NQT lied.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 19, 2016, 03:37:59 pm »

Why would someone ever lie if they're town?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 19, 2016, 03:38:46 pm »

Recklessness in pursuit of information.

Digging up NQT quotes right now.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 19, 2016, 03:39:15 pm »

4maskwolf and TheBiggerFish: Can someone please explain how this particular bad question is the scummy sort of bad question?  What makes it voteworthy?
I found him scummy to begin with, this is just the first time I've gotten around to posting so I threw my vote in as part of the post.

Jack said NQT tried to kill Tiruin, because the canadian jail thing only happens to people who make an attempt on her. NQT did not have an explicit killing power, except his misfortune thing that only kills when used on someone twice in a row. Nobody has two night actions, so it's impossible for NQT to have tried to make that kill. Jack's story doesn't line up, why the hell does nobody see it but me?
NQT as good as claimed (accidentally, sure, but he did) to have triggered the power.  As I understand it we had no confirmation of NQT's claimed night action, so as of the time of the reveal it was entirely possible for NQT to be lying about his night action and just having fallen into a clever trap.

There was no guarantee he was town as of the time of the lynch?

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 19, 2016, 03:39:36 pm »

In the words of NQT himself:
I was being misleading about Canadian Jail (which is unfortunate as it seems to have led to my death). My flavour doesn't mention anything about Canada. I was trying to draw more info out by pretending to be successfully blocked. Dumb plan as it happens.
FUCK YOU JACK
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 19, 2016, 03:39:59 pm »

EBWOP:

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 19, 2016, 03:40:46 pm »

4maskwolf and TheBiggerFish: Can someone please explain how this particular bad question is the scummy sort of bad question?  What makes it voteworthy?
I was already voting him for general confusing babbling IIRC, this was just more to add to the pile.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 19, 2016, 03:51:14 pm »

EBWOP:
Excellent observation, sherlock. But he's town, as we see now since he's been lynched, so naturally I'm asking Jack why he didn't turn up as mafia or someone with an instant killing ability. I didn't consider that NQT might have been lying because it would have been his only excuse to get out of the trap he walked into while he was alive, and when he turned town I figured he had no reason to lie. It isn't hard to understand, and I'm getting tired of answering questions I've already given answers for.

I was already voting him for general confusing babbling IIRC, this was just more to add to the pile.
If you suggest I instead keep quiet and give tarot readings randomly instead, then I guess I can, sure.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 19, 2016, 03:53:26 pm »

EBWOP:
Excellent observation, sherlock. But he's town, as we see now since he's been lynched, so naturally I'm asking Jack why he didn't turn up as mafia or someone with an instant killing ability. I didn't consider that NQT might have been lying because it would have been his only excuse to get out of the trap he walked into while he was alive, and when he turned town I figured he had no reason to lie. It isn't hard to understand, and I'm getting tired of answering questions I've already given answers for.
Okay, yes.  But I don't see why this has any bearing on Jack A T needing to explain anything, since NQT didn't know at the time either.  Hindsight it 20/20.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 19, 2016, 03:54:02 pm »

EBWOP: I somehow used "NQT" instead of "Jack A T" in my previous post, replace "NQT" with "Jack A T"

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 19, 2016, 03:56:17 pm »

EBWOP:
Okay, yes.  But I don't see why this has any bearing on Jack A T needing to explain anything, since NQT didn't know at the time either.  Hindsight it 20/20.
Nothing anybody said yesterday made sense when I look at the details of things, how does it make sense? I still don't understand why NQT would lie as town.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 19, 2016, 03:59:23 pm »

As Jack quoted, he was lying through implication in order to extract more information.  Unfortunately, his gambit ran afoul of Jack's scumfinding gambit (assuming for a moment that Jack isn't lying, but we have no evidence either way so for the sake of argument I'm going to assume both are town) and he got nailed.  I know I've lied by omission as town before, omitting abilities that I'd rather not let the scum know about, and NQT, despite our many differences, in some ways plays similarly to me.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 19, 2016, 04:01:16 pm »

So a gambit pileup. Wow.

Then if the entire thing is a null tell, we don't have any actual leads on day 2.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 19, 2016, 04:27:25 pm »

We have several leads from what I can see. For example, you brought up NQT confirming himself so as to coordinate the town back in day 1. NQT's confirmed now and gave his suspicions before he died, so do you plan on following up on them?

Deus Asmoth: Why didn't you bring up the possibility of scum having been blocked?
Because I used a blocking action on NQT during night 1 and thought it was unlikely at the time that there would be another blocker in the game. My block on NQT failed, so I knew that it wasn't the reason for no kills taking place. I thought it was unlikely that there would be another roleblocker in the game (a position I have reconsidered after the amount of skullduggery that's apparently going on at night). Cult seemed unlikely, mafia choosing not to kill wasn't something I even thought of. So either a protect or bulletproof were what was left.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33