Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Free-form Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy RPG!(0/3 Slots) Great River Valley  (Read 3541 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Many Years Ago...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Countless Generations ago Mankind was mightier than all other beings of the Earth, Using their magical tools they built vast cities and prospered more than any other civilization that has or will ever exist.  None of them were hungry, sickness was a forgotten nightmare, None of them even had to labor because their powerful Golems did for them. Humanity was able to work miracles at will and did many amazing things, they controlled lightning and used it as fuel, they could create hundreds of pounds of steel in mere hours, Their power was so vast that they could even create new life from nothing.

Then came the End, War, Billions of Warriors fought and died, Entire islands were destroyed in an instant, Mountains shattered in mere moments. Humanity was turned against itself, but it was so evenly matched that no side could gain the advantage over the other. Human Scholars deduced that Non-Humans would be needed, They created the Red-guard and the Orcs to fight on the ground, they made the Elves to advance their already god-like power, they made the dwarf-folk to craft mighty weapons as well. As the new Races began to fight as well the Warfare became so intense that the Earth itself was torn apart, in order to have warriors able to navigate the treacherous swamps and ruins of the battlefield the Scholars made the catlike Khajiit and the reptilian Argonians. The Scholars then made countless breeds of War-beasts, the sight of which is enough to send even the strongest of warriors running in terror, but to no avail. Other Races were forged as well, although they have become rare and obscure with the passing of time.

Eventually The Great War began to come to a close, One side began to overtake the other, after several years of violent combat it became clear that the War was soon to end and that the Loser was certainly doomed. However, as the Victor's Forces marched on the Loser's Capital and victory was within sight, such was the Loser's hatred toward his foe that he decided that he would rather end the World than submit. A spoken command, and then total destruction was upon all the Cities of the World, Countless Families and Millennium of Work,  vaporized in an instant, leaving only barren, lifeless Ruins. When the Radiation from the Cataclysm began to take hold it became unsafe for all Races and Creatures, the Environment was ruined and the few beings hardy enough to survive were changed. All People took shelter in the Mountain Caves and Far-off places, all those that didn't were Mutated into disgusting mockeries of their former selves.

Over-time the Technology of the Old Ones was forgotten and the Peoples of the Earth descended into barbarism. After generations of waiting and struggling to survive the Radiation dissipated and the Environment became livable again. The different Races scattered, forming their own Kingdoms and Empires across the World. Now that Civilization has been reborn the World seems to be making a turn for the better. However, all is not well, ancient monstrosities and vile mutants scourge decent peoples everywhere, banditry and crime run rampant, War looms on the horizon. Only some few are courageous, insane, or greedy enough to face these threats.

These nomadic violent, rumor-mongering profiteers Heroes, dubbed 'Adventurers' by the people, travel the Land, righting wrongs, slaying evil (or good, or neutral, depends on the party), and looting corpses and ancient dungeons for treasure. This Thread shall tell the Story of several Adventurers, for good or for ill.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK Everybody, I know that I abandoned my previous Great River thread when it became clear that I couldn't possibly manage the sheer amount of players joining in and I'm sorry. The idea is still interesting to me and instead of GMing a Civilization-Building Game, I'll be GMing a somewhat cliched D&Desque Adventure Game. I'll only be accepting 3 players for now, as I don't believe I can handle any more with current time constraints. Onward to the actual game mechanics and how you can join.

Spoiler: Combat Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Playable Races (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Lore (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Template (click to show/hide)

With that out of the way, get to Posting. I'll wait around a day or two before I accept the three best Character Sheets. If it doesn't have much, it's less likely to get in.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 09:45:25 am by Ardent Debater »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Great River Adventure Thread!(0/3 Slots Currently Filled!)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 02:43:41 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 09:59:45 am »

Spoiler: A Thing (click to show/hide)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 11:33:46 am »

Interesting, Pugilism is always !!FUN!!

Spoiler: A Thing (click to show/hide)

Normally, I wouldn't accept a Shape-shifting Character, as suddenly changing into Animals instantly goes against the setting, but this obviously had a lot of thought put into it. The backstory isn't that implausible considering the level of Old One Technology, and it's somewhat balanced by the Random changes, which bring some interesting ideas to mind. I'll consider this a valid Character submission. In a day or two I'll choose the Party's Characters.

Note: Actual Hocus-Pocus style Magic, doesn't exist but most believe that it does to some extent, and Old One Technology is often considered to be "Magical." Most self professed "Mages" are really just Herbalists, Charlatans, and convincing Illusionists, and they are feared, and often persecuted.  Much like in the actual Dark Ages.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know this is shameless, but Bump. I need Players.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

PTW, SHEET WILL COME LATER.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile

CHARACTER INCOMING.
EDIT: [spoiler]Name: Alex Raman

Appearance: A truly beautiful being, rare for a mutant. Bronzed skin with short, curly hair. Deep blue eyes. Two curved tusks come from his forehead, seeming to be white enough to appear as a polished trophy rather than connected to a living being.

Race: Mutant (I used Piecewise's Automorphica for my traits.)

Traits: Two large, curved horns
Attractive: This mutant is considered incredibly attractive, physically perfect, and sexually desirable by other members of its species (barring any other mutations that might spoil such beauty)
Retractable claws

Extreme paranoia
Hunting instinct: Dominated by wanting to hunt and kill. Fixated on the murder of sapient beings.
Sadism
Easily effected by cold

Religion: The Cult of The Endless Truth worships and takes beliefs from many other religions. Their main objects of worship are demons, Djinn, and other malevolent mythical creatures. Their believe that the gods associated with purity, peace, and tolerance have turned their backs on mortals. As such, the dark gods have gained power and are now more deserving of worship. Common practices of the religion include mass execution of heretics, sacrifice of sapients as well as animals, the destruction and replacement of other religious items of worship. They are currently small scale, only existing in small sects.

Profession: Prophet of The Cult of Endless Truth

Personality: Despite their beautiful outward appearance, Alex is constantly in mental turmoil. They are always fighting off the urge to torture people to death. He will, of course, indulge in the practice when not in public. They suffer from extreme paranoia, and have problems trusting all but the closest of people.

Motivation: To spread the cult and fight for the dark gods, as well as personal pleasure.

Backstory: Hailing from a nomadic tribe, Alex learned quickly to hunt. His combat skills were surprising, but he showed such enjoyment of the death of creatures, he was quickly considered an odd child. Still, the trait of enjoying the hunt was encouraged in him. His mutations made him physically powerful, but he had shown mental aggression and enjoyment of suffering in others. He learned deeply about the religion of The Cult of Endless Truth. He quickly took to it, and learned the intricacies of the religion easily. One hunting trips, he would constantly keep animals alive to sacrifice later. His skills as a religious as well as combative leader were shown, and he eventually left so that he could spread his capabilities and power around.

Home Civilization(This is Completely Optional): Alex came from a nomadic tribe of mutants. They didn't have much organization. Their only beliefs were that the strong would hunt and fight, and the weak would die off. Their chieftain was alive during the first generation after the destruction of the old world. The tribe worships The Cult of Endless Truth.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 10:22:13 pm by Yourmaster »
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW, SHEET WILL COME LATER.
CHARACTER INCOMING.

Oh boy, All Capital Letters!  :D

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile

And a Question, did you Forget about THIS GAME or..?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Free-form Post-Apocalyptic Fantasy RPG!(0/3 Slots) Great River Valley
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2016, 10:40:27 pm »

CHARACTER INCOMING.
EDIT:

And a Question, did you Forget about THIS GAME or..?

Ah, A Mutant from Necropolis I see? Interesting. And, About THAT GAME, I haven't forgotten, I just realized that I don't have nearly enough time or ability to manage that many Players, I'm sorry I dropped it with no explanation like that.

Side note: I'd prefer it if the entire Party wasn't made up of Mutants, and if the next sheets had different Races. The more of one Race there are for PC's, the less likely an individual of that Race will make it into the Party. I will be wait-listing though, so if you aren't chosen to begin with your Character can come in later, after any PC deaths or retirements.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 04:25:45 am »

I shall join the force, as the one lizard-man!

Spoiler: Argonian time (click to show/hide)

Hope I'm not too late!
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 06:53:28 pm »

((Are you still interested in players?))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2016, 05:47:47 pm »

I shall join the force, as the one lizard-man!

Spoiler: Argonian time (click to show/hide)

Hope I'm not too late!

Ooh, A warrior-swordmaster of an environmentalist religion? Very interesting.

((Are you still interested in players?))

Absolutely, I'll be accepting Character submissions for the next few hours, not everyone's Character will make it into the 3 Player Slots I'm able to manage. Everyone who's Character doesn't make it in will be wait-listed and will join in upon the death or retirement of one of the three PC's.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2016, 09:35:02 pm »

If anybody else wants to post a Character, you've got until tomorrow.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2016, 10:09:38 pm »

((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.
Pages: [1] 2