Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 88

Author Topic: ORO: ANOTHER QUESTION  (Read 115135 times)

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
Re: ORO discussion
« Reply #720 on: September 25, 2016, 08:24:56 pm »

Edited parts and some stat changes into my sheet. And fixed the regen.

EDIT: ...Oops, added proper parts list.

Spoiler: In (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:28:20 pm by Whisperling »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: September 25, 2016, 08:26:34 pm »

45 37 49 31 47 40 36

Strength: 37  : 37
Dexterity: 45 + 6 : 51
Speed: 47 + 3 : 50
Intelligence: 49 +41 : 90 (80)
Heart: 40  : 40

Max Humanity: 4 x 15 = 60 Regen 6

Parts: Human All

Spells:
Rebuke of Flame: Inhabiting gut,torso,head

Smelt: Inhabiting right hand, right arm

« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 08:32:57 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: September 25, 2016, 08:32:19 pm »

Not sure what you mean? Limbs, like the clockwork limb, can be taken whole or as parts, but the cost applies to all of them (for the test, it won't in the final game).

Does this mean the cost applies per part, or just if you use any part?  I.E. if I replace an arm with a hulking arm, does that cost 15 humanity, or 45 humanity?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #723 on: September 25, 2016, 08:52:41 pm »

Not sure what you mean? Limbs, like the clockwork limb, can be taken whole or as parts, but the cost applies to all of them (for the test, it won't in the final game).

Does this mean the cost applies per part, or just if you use any part?  I.E. if I replace an arm with a hulking arm, does that cost 15 humanity, or 45 humanity?

Edited parts and some stat changes into my sheet. And fixed the regen.

EDIT: ...Oops, added proper parts list.

Tricloptic head has an [end] tag. It can only go at the end of limbs if you want it to be functional. Try putting it as a hand or something. Or head. Or gut.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: September 25, 2016, 09:05:57 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet, then (click to show/hide)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: September 26, 2016, 12:40:12 am »

I'll have my thread from the ooc thread up here tomorrow, had a long day at second cousins wedding, driving through 2 states and back.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: September 26, 2016, 02:29:19 am »

Decreased Int to buff Heart so I could have enough humanity to replace my lower legs with porcelain heads to raise my Int: net benefit.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #727 on: September 26, 2016, 09:07:42 am »

I changed my int and heart balance a bit to give me room for a part.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bit sad about the no Conqueror's sign part, that would be... entertaining combined with Incinerate. :D

If I can reuse the stats I rolled earlier, IN

Spoiler: Stats/Spells/Limbs (click to show/hide)

How's this look?

STR: 81
DEX: 50
SPD: 60
INT: 40 (Current: 36)
HRT: 50

HUMANITY: 75 (Current: 56)
RECHARGE: 6

Spoiler: limbs (click to show/hide)

I am assuming Smouldering affects the whole and I can apply it to a punch.
In order for smoldering flesh to give you flaming punches, you'd need to have it adjacent to the functional part (ie the hand) and say it is slaved to it.

@Whisperling, your humanity regen should be 10 it's 1/10th your max humanity, rounded up, not 1/10th your heart

@syv:
Demonic powers tend to use Strength and Dex for their rolls, while magic always uses Intelligence.
I assume this means each cast is an int roll, regardless of the spell.

@renegade, you start out with quite an advantage with those high stats. I'm on your team

I think I'll be editing my stat distribution a bit too, in order to make better use of the spells and parts. I'll be editing this post in a bit.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sheet, then (click to show/hide)

Whisperling still needs to fix the tricloptic head position, and gentlefish, though functional, probably needs to fix the smoldering flesh position to make it actually work how he wants it to.

I've clarified in the rules that slaved parts are parts that are adjacent to other functional parts.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: September 26, 2016, 10:10:51 am »

...Oops. again. Fixed.

On a side note, it occurs to me that getting human parts severed will lower your humanity cap and regen, even if you're otherwise completely normal. No stranger than being able to survive without a heart, I guess, but you'd generally think of quadriplegics as helpless, not corrupted.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: September 26, 2016, 01:55:16 pm »

Also notable, our beginning stat averages, exempting stat bonuses and penalties:

Egan:55
Ren:67.8
Fish:56.2
Oz:51.8
syv:50
Whisp:51.6

Suggested team composition is Ren, Whisp and I (169.4 points) vs Egan, Oz, and Fish (163 points) because this minimizes the point difference between teams, which is still notably sized because Renegade is a Dirty Cheater Lucky Bastard.  Note that I am not at all happy with this recommendation because I am more scared of Oz and Egan than Ren.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: September 26, 2016, 02:19:12 pm »

Rolls: 35, 33, 41, 35, 47, 26, 42

Str:70   (42+28=70)
Dex:41
Int:35
Speed:54   (47+7=54)
Heart:50   (35+15=50)

Max humanity: 75
Regen:7.5 (8 when rounded
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: September 26, 2016, 03:14:46 pm »

...shit. I took the regen from the 91, before I subtracted the parts cost. Didn't even think about it. Thanks for catching that syvarris.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: September 26, 2016, 03:28:37 pm »

So, in terms of parts do we have a limit on how much and dies price cost humanity or what? Sorry if a bit out of the loop.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: September 26, 2016, 04:24:38 pm »

You can take as many demon parts as you want.  However, if you take so many that your humanity max is reduced to zero or below, you automatically die upon spawn.

Humanity max is equal to heart, divided by ten, and then multiplied by the number of human parts you possess in the correct positions.  Then this new humanity max has the costs of every demon part you have subtracted from it.  Remember, every demon part you add is replacing a human part, so it reduces humanity max in two ways.

Also, you aren't allowed to take any duplicate parts (aside from wings of light), multi-part limbs have their humanity cost applied for EACH part (an entire hulking arm costs {45}), and you can't take the "Conquer's Sign" part.

Finally, I think PW only wants six people for the test.  Maybe he'd let you and Corsair join?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: September 26, 2016, 06:46:10 pm »

You can take as many demon parts as you want.  However, if you take so many that your humanity max is reduced to zero or below, you automatically die upon spawn.

Humanity max is equal to heart, divided by ten, and then multiplied by the number of human parts you possess in the correct positions.  Then this new humanity max has the costs of every demon part you have subtracted from it.  Remember, every demon part you add is replacing a human part, so it reduces humanity max in two ways.

Also, you aren't allowed to take any duplicate parts (aside from wings of light), multi-part limbs have their humanity cost applied for EACH part (an entire hulking arm costs {45}), and you can't take the "Conquer's Sign" part.

Finally, I think PW only wants six people for the test.  Maybe he'd let you and Corsair join?
Well, posted earlier I'd post my character sheet when I had time. Eh oh well, guess it'll give me time to read up on the rules and plan
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 88