Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Era?

EA
MA
LA

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27

Author Topic: Dominions 4 Round 20 Back to Vanilla. The Games are over. ThtblovesDF wins!  (Read 35511 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 4 Round 20 Back to Vanilla. The Games are on!
« Reply #315 on: May 02, 2016, 03:29:59 pm »

Staring at a wall as my mages continue to waste away to disease.  On the bright side, it won't happen for much longer.  On the down side, that's because there's not much left.  The dead hand of Shinuyama and C'tis curses me from beyond the grave.

Also staring at an almost 600-strong (according to scouting reports) Oceanian force marching along the Oceania-Arcosephale-Vanarusian frontier made up of assorted nasties and led by none other than Lesueurii, Master of Water, Prince of Ice, King of Discipline.  Which is amusing, I suppose, albeit somewhat paranoia-inducing.

Delta Foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 02, 2016, 03:52:03 pm »

I threw several blights at Marignon's capital when they crossed my borders. I also forged a bane venom charm soon after C'tis besieged my capital. From what I can tell it didn't do much (D paths give resistance?). Seems it hit you a bit better :D

I am nothing if not capricious.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 02, 2016, 04:12:53 pm »

As I am currently using Marignons capital - no negative effects on my troops, population seems somewhat shaken. Overall my dominion is fairly chill (hehe, temperature joke) and has good luck and growth all over. The ice certainy helps vanrus.

I'm not sure, how do stealthy troops act - are they just hidden from scout reports or partly displayed?

My god was nothing more then a "oh god I am bad at mp, lets not die turn 10" early expansion thing. That was sadly trapped in a puddle for the longest time : /

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 02, 2016, 04:24:55 pm »

Sidenote: If you are a mess like me and reply to a pm-mail with your 2h. file like a tool, tarn will email you and tell you to use the forum.
I am oddly aware of that, given first hand knowledge as well, he mentioned when I sent him an email asking him to ignore it that it happens about once a week to boot. And he will still send an email just in case.

As I am currently using Marignons capital - no negative effects on my troops, population seems somewhat shaken. Overall my dominion is fairly chill (hehe, temperature joke) and has good luck and growth all over. The ice certainy helps vanrus.

I'm not sure, how do stealthy troops act - are they just hidden from scout reports or partly displayed?
I do not think stealthy troops would show up on spy reports unless lead by something unstealthy, sometimes not even then. Remember those provinces where you all of a sudden found air mages in them? Kinda like that I think. Scrying might help.

Staring at a wall as my mages continue to waste away to disease.  On the bright side, it won't happen for much longer.  On the down side, that's because there's not much left.  The dead hand of Shinuyama and C'tis curses me from beyond the grave.

Also staring at an almost 600-strong (according to scouting reports) Oceanian force marching along the Oceania-Arcosephale-Vanarusian frontier made up of assorted nasties and led by none other than Lesueurii, Master of Water, Prince of Ice, King of Discipline.  Which is amusing, I suppose, albeit somewhat paranoia-inducing.
Seems like gift of health got sniped from underneath your feet sadly, still, ouch. I was formulating something to deal with C'tis, but it seemed like the war was over before I could move the gears. Go figure that Ulm is finding out what it is at the moment. Oh, right, I think possibly, and don't quote me on this, but rings of regen might keep your diseased mages alive. There's also miraculous cure all elixers.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 02, 2016, 04:55:12 pm »

but rings of regen might keep your diseased mages alive.

I know I'm not a part of this, but yes, regen rings will stop them from losing HP every turn, however it's only a matter of time before the disease afflicts them into worthlessness. But it'll still, on average, significantly improve the effective lifespan of the mage.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 02, 2016, 06:30:03 pm »

Well, it would be worth keeping them around if you can get them into a gift of health domain. Or if they're nature mages have them possibly transform. Then you can pawn the rings off to creatures that need it more.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 03, 2016, 08:36:19 am »

I don't think gift of health will heal units from other empires?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 03, 2016, 11:48:05 am »

You double dispelling animals  >:(

Guess I have to focus on making whoever doesn't disspell everything win.

For the benefit of readers:

Turn number 62
Ulm -> Beef @ Arco   (2 turns)
Ociana -> Beef @ Vanrus (1 turn)

Map with some mild censorship.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 12:38:22 pm by ThtblovesDF »

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 03, 2016, 03:39:49 pm »

My apologies, but something about the whole "you trying to knife me in the back" thing does not make me all that sympathetic to your plight, I must say. ^_^

By the bye, here's some free public intel.  Oceania's pretender is a Sea Dragon, Water 5 (6 with a Water Bracelet boost).  Expect significant undead, animals, and the like, along with a blood economy churning out devils and soul contracts. Given that he's throwing three armies of what appears to be approaching 700-800 soldiers at me, feel free to take any bites you wish to.  I'd be surprised if he left much in reserve; he's likely counting on eating me up before Ulm and Arcosephale work out their...ah, differences.  For the curious, though, Oceania's three thrones plus my own three thrones, plus any single unguarded throne will result in an Oceanian victory.  In this listing, Ulm and Arcosephale presently each claim one, with the Throne of Pestilence up for dispute between the two. 
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 03:43:27 pm by Culise »

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 03, 2016, 03:53:07 pm »

Eh, you got about half of that right. I have a single soul contract from a event and 12 devils total, thrones are considered in my aggreements with ulm and arco. Assuming you "vanish" right now, even then I would take about 9 turns just walking from throne to throne.

You really brought it on yourself, dispelling malestorm and overcasting mother oak - what did you expect? NAP timed out, I declined a extension, there was no suprise or knife in the back there. IF there is a knife I pulled it out my own back and it had "my globals" written on it.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 03, 2016, 04:23:22 pm »

Really, now, Maelstrom was a huge threat; it is the most powerful gem generator in the game, spitting out 27 gems per turn, almost three times its elemental counterparts.  It's rivaled only by Arcane Nexus, as far as I'm aware, making it a declaration of intent. 

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised you're still holding a grudge over Mother Oak, considering even I was somewhat irritable over getting it poached in the first place.  It does seem a little long to hold a grudge, 'specially since we did not have a NAP at the point I got that turn in, but this is a game for long memories.  It doesn't really matter to me either way, though.  I don't believe I'll ask why you say I dispelled Maelstrom, since at this point, it doesn't make any difference.  In at the last, and in to the last. ^_^

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 03, 2016, 04:29:15 pm »

My malestorm only produced about 15 water gems, might adjust based on map size?

Anyway, you know my reasons and currently vengence seems more tasty then winning ^^

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 03, 2016, 04:47:03 pm »

Should be 15 Water, 5 Astral, 3 Air, and 1 of every other gem type (Fire, Nature, Death, Earth).

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 04, 2016, 05:02:08 am »

Huh, soooo:

Ichtoid Shamans > Mind Hunt spam
Triton Guards > Bukavac   (2x)
Pans hp pool > Seeking Arrows
big bird < Seeking Arrows : (

No real big battle so far however, hoping form something nice at the capital at least.

Update: Vanabog > IceElementals, Hard.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 06:33:16 pm by ThtblovesDF »

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 04, 2016, 06:36:30 pm »

Vans are remarkably tough critters. Vanarus I think has the potential to thug out quite a large portion of its commanders through air alterations.

It's impressive in a way that makes me nervous when we get 3 turns sent in within an hour of a new turn going up. Best of luck to everyone!
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 04:54:28 pm by chaoticag »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 27