Who should run the universe?

Umbramor
Mira
Digita
Cyrus
Tebya's un named child
Blue's box

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 457

Author Topic: Divine War IC (RTD God game) Accepting new players 7/9 Battle of the Ages  (Read 181517 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile

"He's low on battery and wants to murder us for our energy."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile

Digi looks nervous. She walks to the robot, finds a long cord, and inserts it into a wall socket.

"Be ready in case she tries to dissect us upon waking up."

A charging light appears. The robot commences its boot cycle.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ati picks up digi moving back away from the robots reach.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Digi makes a few plaintive noises, but allows herself to be carried away.

The robot finishes powering up.

"Good morning. System time is 17:36. Power reserves low but charging. Identification: Karen.

Hello, Ati. Hello, Digi. I am analyzing my memory banks to figure out why I am here. I apologize if I have been any trouble."

Karen has a large dent on her head. Digi points it out. Karen feels her head, then picks up the knife.

"Analyzing... it is probable that Ati threw this knife at me when I powered down. I harbor no grief to her if this is the case. Given the circumstances, and what my data logs claim I was saying, it must have seemed I was breaking and entering.

My most sincere apologies. My power was running low today after Atlas asked me to climb up a tree to retrieve his escaped kitten friend. I did not have the battery power to make it all the way home. The school records stated you lived on the route, so I decided to peek in.

By the way, what was the man on your roof doing? It looked like he was attempting to enter your top floor. Do you know him?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"No I don't think so."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Why don't you ask him who he is, then? He's right there after all."

Karen points to the top of the stairs. A man in a black cloak stands at the top, a revolver in hand. He wears a confident smirk. His eyes are shadowed by his broad-rimmed hat.

"You're inbetween me and my target. Get out of my way, Ati. The moment I kill Digi, the world gets a lot better."

Ati wonders briefly how he knows their names. She doesn't think they've ever met.

Karen loudly exclaims that the man is partaking in an illegal activity and that the police have been called. Ati doubts the man cares.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sir...I...don't know if I stand any chance agasint you but....I can't let you hurt my friend
"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"That's adorable."

Suddenly, the man is not there.

"Targeting lost."

When he speaks again, it is from behind Ati, in the kitchen.

"Unfortunately for you, I really couldn't care less about civilian casualties. All four of you die now."

Karen activates her lights, in an attempt to blind the man. The man's form wavers in the light, cutting through him almost like light through a shadow. After a few seconds, the light seems to be absorbed in the man. He appears dazed, yet still points the deadly weapon directly at Ati.

Digi whimpers in fear.

From outside the house, another voice can be heard.

"Hey Digi, I found a kitten. Want to see?"

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ati stares at the gun her eyes narrowing watching his finger ready to get down or Dodge at a moment's notice her senses heightened and her body full of adrenaline.
He just needs to miss and then the gun is mine and he won't be around anymore.
"Haha KITTEN DUDE!"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I have a name you know!"

The man aims down the sight. He fires a round, and is immediately gone.

Time seems to slow for Ati. The voice whispers in her ear.

"The bullet, as it stands, will strike Digi in the head. It will immediately kill her, tying the game.

No hints here. Figure out something to do.
"

Time unfreezes, but seems to move slower. Digi's eyes are widening, her pupils tracking her death which approaches rapidly.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Tackel digi and save her scream for the kitten guy.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ati shoves Digi to the ground. She cries for Atlas to help.

The bullet whizzes overhead, missing Digi by an inch. Digi is paralyzed with fear. The man appears again, inbetween Digi and Karen.

"Target acquired."

Karen throws the knife. The man disappears with a smirk. The knife, now on course to hit Digi, is abruptly knocked out of the way by the door slamming open.

"HELLO!"

Atlas bursts into the room enthusiastically, not understanding the situation.

The man appears at the top of the stairs, holding two guns now. With one aimed at Karen and the other at Atlas, he fires.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The second he fires ati rushes him trying to rip the guns from his grip and trying to kick him in the balls!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ati attempts to sprint up the stairs. Behind her, she hears Atlas cry out in pain, and the robot report that her arm has been shot and disabled. Digi runs out the front door.

The man smiles, an evil grin.

"Too slow."

He fires twice. Ati feels sudden, searing pain enter her right arm. A moment later, the second bullet strikes her in the leg. She collapses, rolling down the stairs. Karen crawls over top of her and deploys an energy shield over top of the two of them. The cat whizzes past Ati. It dodges two more shots from the man. It leaps at his belt, ripping off a small device. The cat flings itself down the stairs, drops the device, then hurries out the door. The man curses.

The device appears to be a hexagonal piece of machinery with two wires and a large button. The voice speaks in Ati's ear.

"Attach one to your ears, and the other to your clothing. The second one is really only there to keep it secure. Press the button when that's done."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ati follows the instructions breathing deeply slowing her breathing.
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 457