Poll

Which one is more violent?

DF
- 75 (96.2%)
Binding of Isaac
- 3 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: How violent is df adventure mode?  (Read 11170 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How violent is df adventure mode?
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2016, 08:14:36 pm »

I should capture a Let's Play of Yandere Simulator but it may have already been done. My favorite method of eliminating the rival is to hack her up with her entire club, except for her best friend, who gets framed for the massacre.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2016, 09:37:24 pm »

-the ability to disembowel a person, bite their guts, then shake them around until you tear out the guts with your own teeth
Don't forget doing this, but before the actual shake-around you also ready an attack with a blunt and edge weapon such that you bash their skull in, knock them through the air, and then while they're dead in mid-air cut their head off to let the body skid and tumble across the ground or slam into their friends.
-being able to partially bisect a person around the waist (sometimes when you kill someone with a slashing attack to the lower body it says that its "partially severed from the torso")
I've completely bisected people, getting the "completely severed from the torso" messages, even gelded during this... somehow.

-being able to simply explode body parts by hitting them hard enough (I can understand how it works with hands or feet but how it would look like with an entire arm or leg I don't really know)
Ever seen the DBZ episode with Vegeta and the androids when he's first gone SSJ and is cocky, then 18 just kicks him in the arm and smashes it the wrong way, breaking some of his ribs too?
-gouging or otherwise cutting off all of a persons facial features, cutting off their limbs, disemboweling them and using fast travel to keep them alive
Somehow you can grab someone by the head with one hand and systematically remove their teeth, nose, tongue, ears, and gouge their eyes until they're pulp. You can pinch arms and hands and legs and snip them off, and of course travel away so they live.
-people literally melting from being fire or magma
I've got a dragon/dwarf hybrid I made which is when I learned that the last part of the dragon entry which sets the tissue temperatures also sets sweat and tears, which I fixed to stop burning my clothes off, but I left the spit in. I've been assassinating occupation administrators by spitting on them and watching them burn to death as they try to climb up the walls to get away from their own melting flesh, the whole time talking about "this isn't happening, help, save me!" and so forth.
-cleaving open heads or crushing them
Gotta love when you tackle someone and end up standing over them, so you stop and look at everyone else in the room, then matter-of-factly stomp their buddies head into gore.

Find a room full of goblins connected to the sewer, start jumping in and tackling them, punching them across the room (the 9.9 speed is just part of the full mod buffs in place at this point, I'm as strong as I can get without rolling over to 0.099 speed):
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Course, it isn't always others experiencing the horror.

Sometimes it is even my own fault (knocked a goblin into magma, got caught in mist, tried to put myself out with booze... don't ask).

Later I got the dragondorf template working so I was swimming in the magma pool at a temple and my minecart was full when I noticed I could just pick up the magma.

After bashing a few dozen goblin skulls in with it, apparently it got so bloody that it cooled into obsidian.
The kills on it there are post-cooling.

I don't even know how I was carrying around a minecart full of magma one-handed, much less how it stayed together as I crushed enough skulls for it to become so bloodsoaked it solidified, but hey... there's violence, and then there's df violence.

Before I was just using the cart full of bodies (that weighed 8500 urists) to knock people across the screen.

This isn't even trying to be violent, this is just playing around taking out bandits and criminals.

NorkasAradel

• Bay Watcher
  • FUCK
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 11:00:25 pm »

Dorf Fort by a long shot. See; that one story where the guy did the thing that people really didn't like.
Quote from: Announcement Screen
Kasat Osmandonu, Ghostly Human Bard has risen and is haunting the fortress!
At least his moaning and chain rattling will be in key and hopefully entertaining.

Elfhater69

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2016, 11:05:04 pm »

Dorf Fort by a long shot. See; that one story where the guy did the thing that people really didn't like.
Ah yes meatgod..
 He really used his meat, eh? ;)

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2016, 07:58:10 am »

If DF was in 3D (low poly models are good enough for me) it be considered the most goriest/violent game ever and would make games like Party Hard and Manhunt look like a stroll in the park.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2016, 08:01:27 am »

Especially with sniper-elite style graphics. I mean, we already get those in the descriptions.
One wheel short of a wagon

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2016, 02:30:27 am »

The sheer amount of brutal things you can do in DF makes it more violent than BoI by far. There may be no graphics, but that doesn't mean it's not brutal when you sit in a field of severed heads and melt all your fat off with fire.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2016, 06:16:40 am »

The sheer amount of brutal things you can do in DF makes it more violent than BoI by far. There may be no graphics, but that doesn't mean it's not brutal when you sit in a field of severed heads and melt all your fat off with fire.

Not just severed heads, severed everything. I for example grabbed a frail dwarf by the head with my demon character and threw him/her then continued my onslaught with a greataxe and a greatsword, I hacked/struck a dwarven child in the head with the massive axe and took limbs off from adults with the greatsword while everyone around me screaming bloody murder while panicking and either attacking or shitting pants and running/crawling away with missing body parts.

To summarize this horrible/glorious gory massacre.. cue the theme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am6An691_iA

"MAIM! KILL! BURN!!!", "BLOOD, BLOOD, BLOOD!!!", "TURN THEM INSIDE OUT!!!", "I WILL MASSACRE ALL I FIND!!!", "YOU WILL ALL SUFFER!!!", "KNOW THIS PAIN, KNOW IT!"
..and my favorite line from a chaos dreadnought: "TEAR THEM APART!!!", "I GO WHERE I PLEASE!!", "DO NOT QUIVER WITH ME!!!", "IT IS A GORE! NOTHING REMAINS!!!" and something I find more than satisfying: "I AM THE GOD KILLER!!!"

I do apologize greatly for the examples of the shouts the chaos dreadnoughts tend to have but.. there's just no word to summarize/describe the horrors of Chaos and it's pretty much what I experience in real life whenever my adrenaline and rage dysfunction goes over 9000 and I feel a very strong urge to just break everything around me and roar at others. In terms of violence Dwarf Fortress is the perfect harmless therapy for my mental disorder.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Vuohijumala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2016, 06:09:22 pm »

I watched my friend play Binding of Isaac once. All I saw was poo. A bit of blood here and there, but mostly poo.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2016, 07:49:31 pm »

I have dual-wielded elf corpses. I uses these corpses to bludgeon the entire rest of the elven village to death.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2016, 11:07:34 pm »

I gave someone the corpse of their queen and got them to attack me with it.

Also given people the burning corpse of their bandit leader and so forth.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2016, 01:01:58 pm »

I don't know what the other option is ,but in df you can BITE off someone's arm then spit at them and kill them by crushing their skull with their own arm. you could also animate the arm so it independently fights them, but that works less after the zombie nerf
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2016, 01:49:02 pm »

If you are a vampire (*) then you can easily and quickly (in terms of game time) kill off entire cities, with thousands of kills. My dwarf is specializing in killing gobbo children, which are often unguarded and alone deep in dark fortresses. But the most disturbing were cleaning of troll grounds, in the same fortresses. One cave with trolls (which are normal gob-citizens, clothed, with professions) contains often about 150 trolls. The disturbing thing is they often do not immediately react to killing, as if paralysed by fear (they have fear icons displayed). You can just kill them methodically like some Nazi bastard. From time to time one awakens from lethargy and tries to run, but you can just throw an arrow in his back, incapacitate him, and slowly come to finish off. It's evil.

*)because: infravision, no pain, and no tiredness

LlamaLlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2016, 07:33:07 pm »

In my opinion dwarf fortress can be more violent, first of all you can bite off peoples toes, fingers, tongue. You can rip their throat out, you can gouge out their eyes, you can strangle them with a thong, punch someone so hard or so many times their body parts explode into gore, a ton of disturbing stuff.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2016, 01:55:05 am »

In my opinion dwarf fortress can be more violent, first of all you can bite off peoples toes, fingers, tongue. You can rip their throat out, you can gouge out their eyes, you can strangle them with a thong, punch someone so hard or so many times their body parts explode into gore, a ton of disturbing stuff.

You misspelled "absolutely hilarious".
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5