Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 294871 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster RTD [10/10] - Now with a Google Doc ! -
« Reply #1620 on: July 24, 2016, 04:35:40 pm »

Kinda lost interest in playing (not due to long delay), so I can free a player spot for someone new to join in. Still, I can lend my pencil if there'd be need to map some more areas (I could use some drawing practise).

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: July 26, 2016, 04:33:58 am »

Kinda lost interest in playing (not due to long delay), so I can free a player spot for someone new to join in. Still, I can lend my pencil if there'd be need to map some more areas (I could use some drawing practise).
Thanks Dark One, if the need comes too I will gladly ask you for help :)

Seeing I can't keep my promise of posting a turn when I say so, assume all that once I will post a turn, it will mean I am back to a regular schedule.

As for the newcomers, there should be room for the ones that showed interest. Not so sure though.

See you next turn, which will come soon hopefully ! (I don't like dragging on things, but vacations are taking far too much of my time. I will be gone from home for a whole week starting from today for example, with no internet access)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: August 07, 2016, 01:38:14 pm »

was i added to the whitelist?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: August 31, 2016, 04:49:35 pm »

Meta-Turn 69 : Returning from Two Months of Slumber

I have been (and will be) very busy the past days. Hiatus of one week set !
And one week turned into two months.

i hope this isnt dead please  :(
I hope the same. Still, it is the first time Nakèen took a prolonged leave, so not everything is lost. Let's wait for the actual news from him.
Thanks for hoping !

Still, I feel so bad for leaving everyone hanging for more than two months. It's a long period of inactivity for an RTD, and I wouldn't be surprised if players lost interest or completely forgot what they were doing or what was everything about.

This game and everyone participating matter to me, I mean it.

Anyway, I am in the process of writing the turn 69.06. I will post it in the following 12 hours.

Oh, and to the three newcomers ! I want to add you in, but I am not sure if I will yet. We will see next turn !

Summary of the many quests/travels of the current players

Spoiler: Dahak teh Spook Lord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metalslinger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: T946 the Security Bot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roeway the Hell Wolf (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 04:51:31 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: August 31, 2016, 04:57:05 pm »

ITS ALIVE! ITS ALIVE!! ITS ALIVE!!!
and I'm Still interested, Not Sure about anyone else though.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: August 31, 2016, 05:02:37 pm »

holy shit, it's back

I've been stalking checking your profile every now and then, trying to figure out when you'll be back in the RTD business. And the day has finally come.

So yeah, still interested.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: August 31, 2016, 05:08:59 pm »

Yisss! Finally! The quest for the Holy Grail could continue :D

On an amusing note, I had a dream about this game on last weekend and immediately reread thread from the start, then checked it every day, hoping for continuation. It's good having semi-prophetic dreams, I guess?
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: August 31, 2016, 05:11:39 pm »

Whoo, the thread lives!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: August 31, 2016, 05:29:40 pm »

Yay, it lives!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: August 31, 2016, 07:49:36 pm »

cool
btw i just realized i made a grammar mistake on my character description
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: September 01, 2016, 03:40:09 am »

Sub-Turn 69.06

Glint the True Arcanivore and Gray the Metalslinger
"Once, before I left on this journey, I lost a friend to one of the monsters of the quartz wastes. There wasn't much I could do to stop it, at the time, but I suppose it gave me a greater appreciation for the value of others' lives."

He eyes the newcomers warily, then leaps backwards in surprise.

"Is that a Radasar!?"
"My name is Gray." Gray responds on the way back to the others.

"He's not hostile like the others. His name is Kokaun, and the human is Barag. Kokaun, these are my traveling companions and friends. The blob over there is Brown, the Arcanivore is Glint, the Scarablade is Vagush, and the Quartzen is Tirim."

Talking stuff.
"Well, as long as he doesn't attack..."

"Er... Well, you've heard that I'm Glint. Pleasure to meet you, although I might advise Kokaun to stay away from Tirim. He's had some... bad experiences with Radasars."

The golden lizard nods as Glint introduces himself.
"I must apologize for the wrongdoings of my brethren. My kin know not of honor and moral, and for that I feel ashamed.

As the metal one Gray said, I am Kokaun, it's a pleasure."

Said Kokaun with a bowing motion. He then said something in the human tongue to his companion, and the Human bowed too, albeit in a rushed manner.

Vagush grunts and exhales loudly.
"The little Quartzen won't speak out of fear, but know that like him, I won't forget my resentment soon enough. Your kin drove me out of my home, and killed many of my brothers."

He turns toward Glint and says with a sharp and audible to all tone :
"Don't you think these two are strange ? A Radasar and a Human, the current most hated species of the desert-dwellers."

Brown, on the other hand seems pretty unconcerned by the matter, and gleefully welcomes the two travelers.

Neutral:
-Barag, Muscular Human
> Great Spear
-Kokaun, Golden Radasar

Spoiler: Glint Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray Status (click to show/hide)

ZoomochScoomtarto the Four-Eyed Beholder
Fire Again!

[1] You focus another beam to blast them apart, but just as you are about to fire, a strong reflection blinds you.
This less than convenient disturbance throws your whole aim off, and you completely miss your mark !
-5 MP

The searing beam leaves a carved trail on the ground, far from your intended targets.

Demons Fleeing Roll : [2]
The injured demons attempt to quickly leave the place and take cover, but the pain is hindering their movements.

(...)

In the distance, you spot figures coming in the sky.

Presumably Enemies:
-Demons [4]
> 1 lost an arm
> 3 with straight holes in body

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
...∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
..∆∆∆∆∆@∆∆∆
...∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
  ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
∆: Mountainous area
?: Unknown area
@: You
... : Desert

Spoiler: Zoomoch Status (click to show/hide)

Roeway the Hell Wolf
RIP AND TEAR THE DAMN SPIDERS

Roeway: [5]
Wrapfur: [4]
Weaver: [4]
Unfettered by the pain, you rush back at the Weaver you were fighting and snatch three of its legs with a vicious series of bites. Losing balance, the spidery monster falls on its left side.
Then Wrapfur manages to tear off one of its right legs, further throwing off the balance of the monster.

And in an attempt to protect itself, it shoots strands of web toward both of you !

Roeway: [5] Dodging them, you position yourself on its left vulnerable side, ready to attack.
Wrapfur: [2] Wrapfur is less nimble due to his state, and get caught by the thick and sticky weaver silk. It is completely covered and wide-open.

Weaver#2: [1]
Iverpack: [2]
Nearby, the second weaver attempts to finish Gaverstep by twisting its neck. But the she-wolf neck is sturdier than expected, and the weaver doesn't come close to breaking it.
Iverpack is still struggling with the weaver, but doesn't inflict any remotely serious damage on its enemy.

Enemies:
-Invisible Cave Weavers [2]
Weaver#1: Wounded / 3 left legs and 1 right leg lost
Weaver#2: Okay

Allies:
-Hell Wolves Pack : 3 (Iverpack, Gaverstep and Wrapfur)
>Iverpack (M): Freed / Wounded
>Gaverstep (F): Unconcscious / Critically Wounded / Poisoned / Unconscious
>Wrapfur (M): Very Badly Wounded / Poisoned / Tangled

Spoiler: Roeway's Status (click to show/hide)

Dahak the Fear Lord
Dahak finally realizes what is happening. The whole area with the circle and the stuff around it is just a huge summoning circle, and it looks pretty old. Remembering his summoning 101 classes, he recalls that, in order to conjure something, you need to put a fair bit of energy into a ritual device. The more powerful the thing you want to bring out, the more power you need to put into it.

Dahak shudders as he thinks of how much energy must've been put into this one. Suddenly the robes you and the others found on the chalet and the chalet himself make sense. Some group must've been tending to the ritual for a long time before you got there.

The fact that he somehow got here just in time to finish the ritual seems very convenient. A bit too convenient. Plus, there's no guarantee he'll be sent back to his body if this thing gets summoned.

This means its time to improvise.

I'm glad you're here, but I like the current me better. Also, you did say I had the final word on it, soooo, I choose to not summon whatever is behind that door

Even if only Dahak's mind is here, he's still Dahak.

Activate your fear aura. Look for any other doors in the empty space.

"Jeez, it's the flesh isn't it ? I do admit bony us has a nice slender frame."

[1] Channeling your power to produce a Fear Aura ends up unsuccessfully. It seems only your mind isn't enough to manifest your monstrous powers.

Or is it ?

(...)

Because in the meantime, in the physical world, hours passed.
Delinde: [5]
Nihil: [3]
And eventually, Delinde woke up from unconsciousness, and Nihil partially emerged. Sleeping in a place brimming with spiritual energy filled her mana reserves, and she felt like she could snap you out of this trance.

As she began to approach you, tending her pale hand toward your shoulder... your Fear Aura activated all of a sudden.

As suddenly as a maelstrom of negative feelings, your Aura took on a physical form without your mind to keep it in check and with the abundant surrounding energy.
What ensued was the formation of a whole sphere of twirling fear around you, so intense that entering this radius was not advised for physical integrity.

"Dahak !" she shouted desperately just as she jumped out of the radius.

(...)

Back into this twilight zone kind of world, there was still you and your flesh-you and the darkness. Flesh-you suddenly had a burst of lucidity as you announced your desire to prevent the summon.

"Oh ! I forgot something, as you are refusing the way out for whatever is being summoned, I wonder what will become of the massive amount of energy gathered. Wasn't there some chapter about the becoming of energy after a failed ritual ? I would bet it was the kind of chapter they teach first years to scare them off, haha.

Welp. I guess it's gonna be bad."

As he said this, you looked around. On the lookout for doors.

[5] Amidst the darkness, you felt like you saw something. Apart from the door of course.

Something small, transparent and glassy. A simple round ball made of some crystal, floating at the height of your torso exactly at the same distance there was between you and the door, except it was on the opposite side.

This strange thing felt completely unthreatening, even welcoming, waiting to be used.

--------------------
l  ^  ff    ^Å^^^  l       
l ^ ff T ^ff ^Å     l
l  ^ Å    ffffff  ^^^l
l  ^fffffDfffff^^^  l
l==ffffff fff=====l
l  ^ ^^ff^^^C fffffl
l  ^Å^^ffff^Å^ffff  l
l  ^^^^Å ^^^^^^l
--------------------

^: Hilly
f: Woody
Å: Nodus
☼: ??
D: Dahak
C: Chalet
T: Temple
=: big road

Spoiler: Dahak's Status (click to show/hide)

Caedan the Bloody Impaler
"You've explored some of them? Did you find anything interesting in them?"

More conversation! Try to figure out if one of the ruins she visited is the mansion from my memories.

[4] Vanare's face lightens up as your interested tone echoes with her own passion.
"Interesting is an understatement ! If you could see what I saw in those ruins, you would have said fascinating ! The ruins suggest some pretty distinguished and advanced people lived once here, the architecture is actually nothing like Fordania's. Furthermore all the mysterious knowledge and history you can find there is just a dream for anyone versed in magic studies or archeology !"

You walk together until you reach the front door. Opening it, she says :
"Be my guest first, we might as well discuss about this in front of a warm cup of tea. I don't get many visitors, and I have the strange intuition that you could help me out for some ruin-related task."

She is now showing the way in. Firande and Ramas are standing silently behind you, a bit overwhelmed by Vanare's presence. Firande simply says with a cheeky tone :
"So 'boss' ?"

Allies :
-Vanaremalia, short Vanare. Songstress.

Spoiler: Caedan's Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas the Sorcerous Osyluth of Lies
"I think this will play out into our hands. He could not judge my power properly since I did not expect such resistance, so he'll call some backup to greet me. All in all, we must wait a bit to see what happens. If my expectations prove wrong, I'll change the plan accordingly."

When humans go to you by themselves, better lie and wait. Observe the village and surrounding landscape for signs of movement.

((Caedan should have gotten 5 essence from the turn 68.04 and Snehk is in dire need of a proper ending.
I updated the Docs and shall... Something might be done, but no promises for now.

Also, I'm feeling deeply inadequate. After killing Fenia, I waved nodi out as a power source... Dahak, coming right after me, had no such qualms and tries to destroy the world once again.))
((Thanks as always for the essence check, I added 5 to Caedan.))

You carefully studied the old man. From the distance, it could be said that he had a strong build, probably from having spent his whole life in the fields. He wore simple clothes and a summer straw hat. Nothing seemed strange about him, apart from the confident look in his eyes.

The eyes of someone having seen and lived through many ordeals...

He stood up, making you realize he was much taller than you would expect for an elderly. And were it not for his wrinkled face and white hair, you would have thought he was an adult at the peak of its form.

He then grabbed firmly at a long staff and scanned the horizon.

Old Man : [1]
You felt an uneasy sensation, probably that of magic. And the old man's serious face suddenly shifted as he burst out in laughter. From what you could faintly heard, he said something along the line of "I'm getting old".

Astrosa on the other hand let out :
"Interesting... Very interesting... This human power level seems to be close to that of the Chosen we fought in the past village. And for some reason, I can't sense its power very well, like if he could hide it from my sight."

Then you saw two equally old humans running hastily toward the old man's location. Both men, around the same stature as the other, though each with their own physical differences.

"They too are special. I don't know if they are as strong as the other, but they are far stronger than a mere villager."

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

T946 the Security Bot
Attempt to activate one of the constructs

[2] You approach one of the constructs. Specifically one that doesn't look threatening or dangerous, and you examine it thoroughly, looking for a way to activate it.

You do realize you don't really know how to activate this specific model.

If only you had the required knowledge, or some clue as to what to do for that.

Allies :
-Large Crustiliacs: 5
> 1 Badly Wounded
> 1 Wounded
> 3 Okay

Enemy :
-Armored Golem
> Deactivated

Spoiler: T946's Status (click to show/hide)

Oran the Decrepit Fountain Golem
Oran sighs

Well, nothing better to do I suppose

keep exploring through the forest

[6] You sigh of annoyance. Yet without losing your drive, you keep exploring the forest further. As you wander around, you begin to feel that something about this place is not quiet right, as if your sense of orientation was off for some reason.

Yet despite this, you finally stumble upon something not woody. An large opening in the forest with a tall tower-like structure in the middle. At least tall as a lighthouse. The tower shape is pristine despite the vines growing on it, there is not a single brick or piece of broken rock around.
The basement of the tower is far larger, as if to house many more things.

How strange, you should have been able to see such a building way before.

Spoiler: Oran's Status (click to show/hide)

Newcomers

The three newcomers will be placed in a different region, except if you really want to be placed in the same region as other players !

A'a'ftu'ung shung the Living Spawn
For when he comes back.

Name: A'a'ftu'ung shung
Species: Living Spawn
Appearance: A Tall, Skinny Thing, with syringe-like teeth and thick claws
Attributes: increase two stats by 1 and decrease two other stats by 1 (apart from HP or MP)
HP 10
MP 10
STR 0 -Strength : increase physical damage-
CON -1 -Constitution : increase physical resilience-
POW 0 -Power : increase special/magical damage-
RES -1 -Resistance : increase special/magical resilience-
INT 1 -Intelligence : increase your ability to submit others to your will-
IND 1 -Individuality : increase your ability to resist to others will-

Traits : Regeneration. Doesn't work against fire, acid, or certain magical abilities.

Skills : Able to pass as human if robed and slouched over. Looks like a disfigured hunchback.

"A'a'ftu'ung shung"

Your own name rings in your head.

And you rise.

The land around you is bleak and barren, a wide expanse of nothing with only you in the middle.
The sky is gray, the sun being blocked out by a thick wall of clouds.

A dry wind is blowing.

[2] The land seems like dead around you.
On your left there are hills far in the distance.
Onward there seems to be nothing bar the wasteland.
On your right you can't see quite well, as the terrain is elevating a little, blocking the horizon.
Behind you there is some forest of thorny leafless trees.

Nox the Vampire Bat
Hello, I know that there's already a lot of players, but can I please join ?
If I can't, then just put me on the waitlist, I guess :p

Spoiler: My monster (click to show/hide)

Welcome ! I liked your little bit of backstory, will try to make the most out of it :D

(...)

You suddenly wake up, emerging from the protective casket you hid in a cave long ago. The head hazy from years, or maybe centuries of slumbering, you can't help but feel very thirsty.

You wonder if the land has changed since you blacked out ?

According to your memory, there should be a human village in the mountain you hid in not far off.

Greg the Healing Elemental
Name: Greg
Species: Healing Elemental
Appearance: A pink, glowing, humanoid shape
Attributes:
HP 10
MP 10
STR -1 -Strength : increase physical damage-
CON 0 -Constitution : increase physical resilience-
POW 1 -Power : increase special/magical damage-
RES -1 -Resistance : increase special/magical resilience-
INT 1 -Intelligence : increase your ability to submit others to your will-
IND 0 -Individuality : increase your ability to resist to others will-

Traits : Healer (gains essence from saving lives, rather than ending them)

Skills : Healing
About your Healer trait, I'm afraid I can't make such a change for consistency sake :)
I'm trying to think about something to accommodate your idea, but for now can't really find a great idea.

(...)

You emerge from a pond of magical water, blessed with the power to rejuvenate living beings.
Around you is a beautiful forest, filled with flowers covering the whole color spectrum, and fruits of many shapes and sizes. The place is bustling with life, small mammals, birds and insects are brimming around.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: September 01, 2016, 03:40:50 am »

Turn 69.06 annex
Monsters :

Spoiler: Dahak the Fear Lord (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metalslinger (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: T946 the Security Bot (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roeway the Hell Wolf (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nox the Vampire Bat (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 12:15:15 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: September 01, 2016, 03:44:19 am »

Woo ! It feels so good to finally post something !

And I'm really happy to see all of you around, thanks for the answers !

ITS ALIVE! ITS ALIVE!! ITS ALIVE!!!
and I'm Still interested, Not Sure about anyone else though.
Yay è

holy shit, it's back

I've been stalking checking your profile every now and then, trying to figure out when you'll be back in the RTD business. And the day has finally come.

So yeah, still interested.
Yay ! Props for stalking ! :D

Yisss! Finally! The quest for the Holy Grail could continue :D

On an amusing note, I had a dream about this game on last weekend and immediately reread thread from the start, then checked it every day, hoping for continuation. It's good having semi-prophetic dreams, I guess?
Yay ! I too had a dream about monsters, but like a month ago haha. Hadn't I been so busy, the ensuing guilt would have been enough to make me post a turn !

Dreams are great !

Whoo, the thread lives!
Yay ! And so do I :D

Yay, it lives!
Yay ! It does !

cool
btw i just realized i made a grammar mistake on my character description
Yay ! Didn't realize it !

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: September 01, 2016, 05:05:27 am »

Roeway

Kill the spider I'm in position to kill. Then if possible go save my friend. Blood for the Blood God
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: September 01, 2016, 08:32:55 am »

Ulkas nodded in agreement, then proceeded to sum up gathered information up:

"Interesting... Judging by their appearance, reactions and your observation, they might be local mages, assigned to guard this village or members of some kind of monastic order, tapping into psychic powers along with physical ones. I'm quite confident that we can surprise them at this moment, but not so sure about finishing the battle with one strike. Shall we attack when they gather and come closer, or wait a bit for better chance while studying them? Hm... I'm more for the first variant, but it might be risky..."

He spent a few moments pondering before coming to decision:

"Alright, be ready to strike at the first notice. I'll probe them once more when they get closer - use the following confusion for your advantage. But if my control fails again - wait, we might gather some information about their abilities."

Ambush monk-mages by controlling one of the two newer arrivals and commanding him to backstab. Let Astrosa handle others in the following confusion. If control fails and mages recognize the danger - hold attack to see their reaction. If they are obvious/delusional about my attack - try for the third time.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 08:44:55 am by Sarrak »
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 146