Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 146

Author Topic: You are a Monster RTD - Epilogues  (Read 295436 times)

Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [9/9]
« Reply #585 on: February 24, 2016, 04:59:52 pm »

Name: T946
Species: Security Bot Prototype
Appearance: Has 2 robotic arms (1 for manipulating objects and 1 for using a built in taser) and a rectangular shaped body (with the height being the longest side) that is white and Tracks at the bottom side of it.
Attributes: increase two stats by 1 and decrease two other stats by 1 (apart from HP or MP)
HP 10
MP 10
STR -1
CON 1
RES -1
INT 1
IND 0

Traits : Robotic body: Cannot be poisoned

Skills : Low powered taser: Does minor damage and may stun the target

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 24, 2016, 05:21:15 pm »

That doesn't look like something out of a fantasy story. I recommend making it less sci-fi by changing it into a golem or an automaton, instead of a robot.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 24, 2016, 05:31:31 pm »

Turn 30 : Everyone

ZoomochScoomtarto the Three-Eyed Beholder
Wake up The GM has probably not gotten the clue that I was waiting to WAKE UP.
WOOPS BAD GM BAD

Ahem.

[4] You wake up. Alive and well. You are at the foot of the lifetree, and the Sauriars are nowhere to be seen. It seems you healed a little during your unconsciousness.
You recover 4HP

The Sylv Guardian is sat just in front of you, immobile.

"You are finally awake. You can't stay here. Leave." says a telepathic voice in your head.

Robobert the Green Sylvan Clay Giant
Tell the Sylvarions to run and save Akos. Serve as the last line of defense at the tree. Let no Human get there unscathed.

(And with that, time to think up another character.)
[3] You order the remaining 4 Sylvarians to fall back with Ako, they reluctantly comply. You prepare yourself to defend the tree with your body if needed. None shall pass as long as you live. One of them suddenly comes to you and says something :
"Wether or not you choose to fall back, there is something you have to know about the Sylv Guardian. If the Lifetree get menaced, the Sylv Guardian will activate and kill all living beings in the perimeter around the tree. We included if we don't get away fast enough."

The humans reform their formation. Shielded knights are on the front, and the archers follow on the rear.

Gray the Metal Blob
((I don't have a status spoiler...))

Go explore a random hallway for interesting stuff or something to eat.
[3] You decide to wander in a random hallway of the castle. You arrive in the ancient alchemical workshop of the castle. This is where you were born if your memory is right. There is nearly nothing here, apart from another blob. This one is brown though, and is idling around. You know him, he is named Brown by everyone else.

"Hey Gray. Wandering around ?" he asks you.

Stormslayer the Aradian Mirage Beetle Hero
I Quickly pick off the nearest one, trying to grab and mindwipe it. How this would work with their core he did not know, but if he could induct one into the hive and communicate with it, he had a chance of learning why they attacked.
[6] The nearest one is still quite far, but you still take the risk. You rush at it and grab it before it can react. You begin mindwiping it, connecting it to the Hive and indoctrinating it. You ask for answers, and the golem telepathically answers :
"You trespassed our territory. As such we attacked you, capturing your kin and expelling them out of our borders."

Wait...the scouts are alive ?

Suddenly two sand golems grab you by behind !

Dahak the Spooky really Scary Skeleton
WOMAN WHAT IN THE INFINITE LAYERS OF HELL I TOTALLY HAD HIM

The next split second dahak throws out so many curse words he's visibly contorting from the sheer vocal backlash.

He balefuly stares at Delinde with his two pair of angry eyesockets, but realizes its no use, since the mask hides her expression and she shows no reaction.

WHAT-THE FUCK-EVER

Dahak then sheaths his holy dagger and puts it back inside his ribcage, the ever convenient storage space.
Thinking back into it, Dahak realizes that attacking the unknown mind controlling being might have not been the smartest idea ever, actualy, specially when it can actualy end up controlling him and cause him to stab himself with his most inappriate anti undead stabbing implement. Still, even if it didn't work, Dahak would have gone in style!

Dahak will have to settle for continued existence... In style, obviously.

In order to distract his mind, Dahak turns his attention to graveyard. What the hell is up with this land, anyway? Huge graveyard in the middle of nowhere in which the dead rising up from their graves is apparently a normal occurence, abandoned village that is essentialy a corruptor respawn point, and nothing else in sight except for some huge woods.
Dahak also thinks he might've spotted some sort of castle in the distance, but it could've just been his hyperactive imagination.

Alas, submit to the fairy's designs, for now, try to find a way to heal and restore your powers. If you have the opportunity, investigate the graveyard a bit. You never know, you might find something useful, like a pair of double sunglasses for your 4 eyesockets.
Ponder about what the hell are these "sunglasses", too.

Delinde ignores your incessant rambling and floats away, signaling you to follow her. You grumble something, and follow her. She takes you to some kind of crypt in the back of the graveyard.
"We will be safe there."

"If she says so" you think. Not like you have a choice in the matter.

You descend into the crypt, and Delinde lights some torches on the walls. There are some headstones there, but no coffins.
"This is a memorial to those whose body were lost or destroyed."

"Anyway, let's begin by healing you first, talk will come later. I presume you don't know how the undead recover their integrity."

You nod. She sighs :
"You would seriously have died if you didn't come back. Consider yourself lucky. Or maybe I am the lucky one here."

She begins palpating your bones. You shiver and react like if you were being violated, and she tells you to stop acting like a little girl.
"I'm checking your undead type. Mmh, it seems you are one that feed on fear ? Simple but effective."

She raises her masked face toward you. If she was unmasked, she would probably be staring at you in the eyes -which you lack-.
"I see, you really never activated your unlife force."

She then looks at your ribcage, and notice something. You begin to act secretively, but she plunge her hand into your ribcage and take the dagger and its scabbard off.
"What the... A undead-killing dagger ?! Where did you find this, are you crazy ?!" shouts the fairy with her monstrous voice.

She stare in disbelief at the dagger and then at you, and before you can say a word she adds :
"Ugh, sorry for the sudden outburst. I will explain step by step. You have something called an unlife force, this should manifest as a glowing aura in your body. But currently, only your eyes are glowing, which means you didn't awaken it. I would have considered you unlucky if it weren't for this dagger in your chest..."

She grabs her head and shake it annoyed.
"For skeletons, when the unlife force activates, an aura appear around your bones and a concentrated orb of unlife force appear in the ribcage. You know what would have happened with that holy dagger in your chest ? You would have died on the spot, bam."

Your jaw drops. She keeps explaining :
"Undead have two means of healing. First by converting a "food source", like fear, into undead energy. Lastly by putting organic matter or and unlife-rich item in your unlife core. The organic matter will "float" inside and slowly get converted. Let's practice, put this bone into your chest. It is old so it should have accumulated some unlife force."

You raise your imaginary eyebrows at the last words, but she doesn't seem to get it. You take the humerus, and insert it into your chest. Okay it's done.
"Now just focus on your chest. Like if you were trying to contract some muscles."

That's all ? You focus like she said, and suddenly you feel something pulsing inside your ribcage. A black-red orb of unlife energy appears, and absorbs the unlife from the humerus.
[3] You recover 4 HP

"So, do you want to keep healing yourself before I begin the long speech about you ? Or do you have some questions before that ?"

Squishy the Earth Mana Amorphoid
Float up above my attackers blurbling panickedly, then float like hell for the passage-way. Convert Mana into HP. I should out-pace them down the mine, unless they decide to go full bad-ass and roll down.
[5] ((typical Coolrune))
You float above your attackers, surprising them ! You were sliding along the ground the whole time for kickers, and they didn't expect you to be able to float. Totally stunned by this turn of events, the knights stop and gaze at you in disbelief. As for the magi, expecting some kind of sudden attack, they cast a protective barrier instead of attacking.

Your unintentional feint allows you to dart through the passageway with a large lead.

"Don't pursue it ! The creature seems to use mana wildly, it would be dangerous to follow it with so many mana crystals out there." shouts the Magus Captain.

[1] On the way you convert HP into MP. Yes, in the panic you did the opposite.
You lose 4HP
You recover 3MP 

Caedan the Vampire
Goodbye, Ferratus. It's been nice playing ya. Too bad you didn't get your vampire loli.

You were once a mindless beast, only hungering for blood. But one day, something awoke inside you. As you walked aimlessly in some faraway land to the east, a spark lightened your feral soul. Faint memories of before, faint manners of an other life.
You then found an abandoned manor. In there you found stylish clothes, fitting your newfound tastes and a nice but more ornamental than battle-oriented nobleman sword.
Traveling even further, you eventually ended in a vast plain illuminated by the moon. Ah, such a beautiful scenery. You don't really know why you are here, where you are heading. But one thing is sure. A thirst stronger than blood began boiling inside of you that day, a new thirst called "curiosity".
Not so far away you can glimpse what seem to be a forest. On the north-east is a mountain range that pierce the clouds.

Ulkas the Lesser Osyluth
Leave this eldritch location for now. There is no use in eating ectoplasm... Head back into the forest to search for some snack.
[5] You manage to leave the village before the Corruptor can detect you. Heading back to the forest, you look for something to eat to replenish your forces. You feel so weak, you are careful of your surroundings.

Eventually you reach a strange clearing, with some kind of massive creature made of wood and plants on the ground. It is long dead and withered, and behind it is the carcass of what seemed to be a majestic tree. You feel no other presence there, it feels safe.

Investigating further, you discover some kind of water pond behind the tree. Some water lily are floating on its surface, and the water is devoid of detritus. You feel an eerie force emanating from the source.

You taste the water. Yes, it's just water, nothing more. Though...you feel some of your energy coming back. The water seems to replenish your mana.
You recover 10MP

Glint the Elemental Arcanivore
Get in, bite, inject venom, and dart out. Try to target a leg, but really, anything goes.
[1] You lunge at the reptilian monster without answering its question ((how rude)), but it demonstrates a sudden burst of speed and close your jaw with its clawed hands ! He is now wrestling you down, and you can't open your mouth !
[2] You struggle but to no avail, his strength is too great.
Reptile roll :
[6] He bites you in the neck, attempting to break your spine ! He bites directly into it, but your inner elements lashes at him and he screams in pain as the cold and shock propagates through its head ! His grip is weakening.
You lose 6 HP

Snehk the Stalker
(( That haunted village needs a backstory... ))

Head to the village avoiding detection.
[1] You decide to avoid confronting this visibly big human group, and take another path. But suddenly a human appears in front of you ! Judging from its attire, he is some kind of scout. Upon seeing you he shouts :
"Monster alert !"

Monsters :

Spoiler: Caedan the Vampire (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Snehk the Stalker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gray the Metal Blob (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 01:36:21 am by Nakéen »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 24, 2016, 05:32:59 pm »

(Human grit always beats robot magic! -Soldier on role playing)
(Also, you missed my turn.)
I Quickly pick off the nearest one, trying to grab and mindwipe it. How this would work with their core he did not know, but if he could induct one into the hive and communicate with it, he had a chance of learning why they attacked.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:35:46 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: You are a (weak but not for long) Monster RTD [10/10]
« Reply #589 on: February 24, 2016, 05:35:43 pm »

"I am not alive, so I will be fine"

Punch the Tree, then charge the formation
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:43:16 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 24, 2016, 05:38:05 pm »

Runrunrunrunrun Float away down the passage until I near the mana crystals. Then, siphon MP from it and convert it into HP. If they follow me regardless, use a mana disruptive wave on them.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 24, 2016, 05:38:21 pm »

(Human grit always beats robot magic! -Soldier on role playing)
(Also, you missed my turn.)
((I realized it as soon as I posted. Your turn is now inside the main turn))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 24, 2016, 05:39:22 pm »

Make like that tree and LEAF, Looking for humans.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 24, 2016, 05:40:04 pm »

"I am not alive, so I will be fine"

I charge the formation
((You...have a point :x))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 24, 2016, 05:43:53 pm »

Name: T946
Species: Security Bot Prototype
Appearance: Has 2 robotic arms (1 for manipulating objects and 1 for using a built in taser) and a rectangular shaped body (with the height being the longest side) that is white and Tracks at the bottom side of it.
Attributes: increase two stats by 1 and decrease two other stats by 1 (apart from HP or MP)
HP 10
MP 10
STR -1
CON 1
RES -1
INT 1
IND 0

Traits : Robotic body: Cannot be poisoned

Skills : Low powered taser: Does minor damage and may stun the target
((I think I am at max capacity right now, with 10 monsters running amok in the small map we have, it's becoming hard to produce constant updates. I will put you on a symbolic waitlist though, and if I feel like I will be able to handle more I will add you to the main and send you a PM))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 24, 2016, 05:51:20 pm »

"Then lets settle this peacefully. We want to pass through your lands to reach the southwest. We are willing to bargin for safe passage. You will act as our Emissary."
He would let go of the core, and wouldn't resist the two that grabbed him.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2016, 05:58:24 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 24, 2016, 05:53:13 pm »

((So what do my bonus turns do?))
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 24, 2016, 05:53:32 pm »

Meditate for a bit, then search for prey. I really want to bath in fresh blood after meeting this skeleton.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 24, 2016, 05:54:26 pm »

((So what do my bonus turns do?))
((I will write your turn with utmost priority. I'm currently writing your next turn))

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 24, 2016, 05:56:01 pm »

Disappear, if it fails say something like It's dangerous wandering in the night... I still can't find my lair! and run away.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 146