Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62391 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - And we're off!
« Reply #195 on: April 05, 2016, 01:25:16 pm »

Also note, Abstract, that I have also not answered those questions directly, but you have not done anything to push me to answer them.

Why is this?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 05, 2016, 01:31:17 pm »

Well mainly because your giving off a town read to me you just seem like town to me maybe it's because your active and asking questions I'm not exactly sure why but a lot of it feels like a gut feeling for why I currently trust you even though I probably shouldn't since I've read some of your games before I believe.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 05, 2016, 02:05:47 pm »

Well mainly because your giving off a town read to me you just seem like town to me maybe it's because your active and asking questions I'm not exactly sure why but a lot of it feels like a gut feeling for why I currently trust you even though I probably shouldn't since I've read some of your games before I believe.
I honestly can't argue with that sentiment since I break it a lot too, but no matter how Town you think I am or anyone is, always leave room for doubt.

So, as long as you remain at least a little suspicipus of me, I'm okay with that answer. Seems like it came from an honest place to me.

Anyone else you're suspicious of?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 05, 2016, 02:11:34 pm »

Doomchild he seems a little off after I've reread his posts but I don't understand why exactly and I'm not quite sure what to ask them.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 05, 2016, 02:48:47 pm »

Good lord. Give me a minute. I'll have a post incoming. I think our metaphorical weekend should be ending tonight, too.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 05, 2016, 03:03:37 pm »

Webadict

However, I do agree that snow dwarf is reasonably suspicious. I don't remember where at the moment, but his rationale behind his actions did not seem townlike at all.

I'll have to find it later.

I understand you have your (il)logical reasons behind this, but you put the vote up right after me, and you have to admit that looks mighty suspicious. Are you simply trying to get a lynch D1 or is there more substance to this vote? I'd like to hear what reasoning, whatever it may be, for your vote. Logical or illogical.

Hector

-snip-

...These three things combined make me think you're indulging in confirmation bias (if town) or are just trying to manufacture evidence against him (if scum), neither of which are particularly great.

- You are right; it was not a strong argument when I look back over it; I forget to assume ignorance over malevolence and I read scum where I should be reading newbie. I have since backed off on DoomChild.

Did you do this? What was your conclusion? What posts made you think that?

- In regards to looking over EP's posts, I am afraid I have not yet. The thing about posting a lot makes it difficult to sift through. Thank you for reminding me that I have to do this.

So... another "why are you voting for x over y" question: why snow dwarf over EP?

I mean, this is the second time EP has been in a list of things you've apparently found scummy, but you vote for someone else?

You're right. I have my FoS on EP but snow dwarf quickly voted doomchild with little fanfare or reasoning, and has so far been dodging the questions regarding it. I can see at the very least that EP responds to accusations.

Snow Dwarf: Why are you dodging the questions about your scum list? Why can't you simply post the list and the reasons behind the suspicion? Do you even have a list? Show us your birth certificate list!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 05, 2016, 03:55:39 pm »

@Gentlefish: Uh, yeah, I definitely want a D1 lynch. Everyone should. But if I can't find scum apparent, then I'll vote for who I believe is most likely scum. I didn't have much evidence other than a few of snow's posts felt wrong. Can't really say much other than that. I'd like to say that there's some mystical theoretical scumtell that identifies someone immediately, but there's not. At least, not right now.

If it looks suspcious, then vote for me. Are you going to let me get away with being suspicious? It's very likely I could be WIFOMing, right? But, if you don't think it's suspicious, then why are you bothering to point it out at all? That just makes you look passive in attacking me, trying to gain traction with other players' support.

At least fight me with your own attacks. Is it suspicious? Why? Because it's a bandwagon? Okay, but wouldn't bandwagons make for a good way to pressure? Does his posts seem off to you as well? If they feel off, then why are you questioning my rationale?

This post is a trap, so responding to it is really your only option. Have fun.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 05, 2016, 04:10:59 pm »

@Gentlefish: Uh, yeah, I definitely want a D1 lynch. Everyone should. But if I can't find scum apparent, then I'll vote for who I believe is most likely scum. I didn't have much evidence other than a few of snow's posts felt wrong. Can't really say much other than that. I'd like to say that there's some mystical theoretical scumtell that identifies someone immediately, but there's not. At least, not right now.

If it looks suspcious, then vote for me. Are you going to let me get away with being suspicious? It's very likely I could be WIFOMing, right? But, if you don't think it's suspicious, then why are you bothering to point it out at all? That just makes you look passive in attacking me, trying to gain traction with other players' support.

At least fight me with your own attacks. Is it suspicious? Why? Because it's a bandwagon? Okay, but wouldn't bandwagons make for a good way to pressure? Does his posts seem off to you as well? If they feel off, then why are you questioning my rationale?

This post is a trap, so responding to it is really your only option. Have fun.

Did you know the voice of Admiral Ackbar died yesterday, speaking of traps? I'm not voting for you because you're less suspicious than snow dwarf, but it's a town's duty to follow up on all suspicious activity, right? That is hard to do D1, because there's nothing to really grab a hold of, other attacking other people's attacks. I never like lynching D1, but it's necessary for the town, in order to glean some information from the posts. I was simply asking you which posts of his feel off, to you. Maybe not in so many words nor so clearly, but I would like to see which posts of his put you off. Is that too much to ask a townie?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 05, 2016, 05:16:51 pm »

@Gentlefish: But how would you know I'm even Town? This sounds like your somewhat suspicious of me and also not very suspicious at all. Your attacks against snow dwarf seem to be somewhat forceful, but you seem scared to push against me.

I mean, what's the worst I can do? Prove you're scum?

But you didn't answer MY questions. So why is it okay to go after snow dwarf for not answering his?

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 05, 2016, 05:24:09 pm »

My list:
1.Doomchild
1.AbstractTraitorHero
3.Webadic
4.ElephantParade
REASONING
Doomchild and AbstractTraitorHero were very trying to show that they are town which sounds scummy already but when you read some other posts, well....
Webadic, as Gentlefish said did post a vote just  right after him which looks really scummy.
Elephant Parade I was thinking before he is scum so I just put him on the list for no reason and to keep track of him.
Note: The fact that those people are on the list doesn't mean I will vote on them

This list shows who in my way of thinking is more probable to be scum
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 05, 2016, 05:29:57 pm »

@Gentlefish: But how would you know I'm even Town? This sounds like your somewhat suspicious of me and also not very suspicious at all. Your attacks against snow dwarf seem to be somewhat forceful, but you seem scared to push against me.

I mean, what's the worst I can do? Prove you're scum?

But you didn't answer MY questions. So why is it okay to go after snow dwarf for not answering his?

Which question did I not answer, or was my answer not satisfying enough for you? I don't know you're town, but I only have one vote. Why would I waste my time pursuing other avenues when I can only devote so much time and effort into one day? A depth-first, rather than a breadth-first search if you will. It's easier to needle answers and the truth out of one person than to whittle away at three or four. I am, of course, suspicious of you. It'd be wrong not to be suspicious of everyone but myself, especially in this early game, would it not? But, like I said, I can only put so much time and effort into my posts, and I'd rather aim for quality than quantity.

My list:
1.Doomchild
1.AbstractTraitorHero
3.Webadic
4.ElephantParade
REASONING
Doomchild and AbstractTraitorHero were very trying to show that they are town which sounds scummy already but when you read some other posts, well....
Webadic, as Gentlefish said did post a vote just  right after him which looks really scummy.
Elephant Parade I was thinking before he is scum so I just put him on the list for no reason and to keep track of him.
Note: The fact that those people are on the list doesn't mean I will vote on them

So... EP is simply "just" on your list? Why not shove us all on there simply to keep track of us all? Could you consolidate posts and reasonings more thoroughly for us when it comes to DoomChild and ATH? Even just links to the posts you don't like and why you don't like them will suffice.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 05, 2016, 05:30:56 pm »

Of course I'd be trying to show that I'm town because if everyone knows I'm town that means we can more effectively find scum,Because if everyone believes I'm town they'll be able to focus on finding scum easier because one person has been removed from the equation.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 05, 2016, 05:44:41 pm »

But you were trying too hard
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 05, 2016, 05:47:57 pm »

Trying too hard? You can never try too hard your supposed to keep going till you succeed that's just how the world works of you don't try hard you get nowhere.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 05, 2016, 06:14:32 pm »

Trying too hard? You can never try too hard your supposed to keep going till you succeed that's just how the world works of you don't try hard you get nowhere.
Trying to look town is a scumtell, though. If you have to try hard to look Town, then are you saying you don't look Town naturally? It's not about trying in the game, which I believe is a misunderstanding here.

My list:
1.Doomchild
1.AbstractTraitorHero
3.Webadic
4.ElephantParade
REASONING

Yo dawg, I'ma level witcha. You sound really super duper scummy. You are lacking on your reasoning and dropping the impact of your attacks. Get some hard-hitting proof, son. How are they trying to look Town? That's not enough to just say it. You need to point out where it is vs. where it should be. Honestly, trying to look town isn't that great of proof, either.

As for me, yeah so? Why is my vote scummy? Remember, you're supposed to convince town why you aren't scum, and why the people you are voting for are.

Not only that, but you've suddenly dropped the panicked aspect of my vote. Did this not fit your narrative? It seems like you're the one that's OMGUSing me for voting you. I get that it sucks, but if you look scummy and act scummy, people are gonna vote you for being scummy.

Lastly, is ElephantParade even a real suspect at this point? Seems like he's just there to fill some sort of quota.

Also, wo ist Vector? Where are my ICs to teach these newbies some Mafiaing? I'm doing this from a phone. It's tough solo.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 40