Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - Game Over  (Read 62397 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIX: The Train - And we're off!
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2016, 12:09:47 am »

Vector, how come you're so excited to play?

ATH: This is your first game, yeah? What are you looking forward to?

EP: I don't care. The second post usually has little to do with my win-con anyway.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2016, 12:10:29 am »

Also, I just realized that TempAcc is not actually in the game—he's a replacement. Oops. I should probably not be playing Mafia at 10 PM.

I will instead vote Gentlefish, whose name is, I think, designed to make him/her appear gentle—when they're actually scum! A clever strategy.

Gentlefish: How will you respond to these allegations?

As an IC: AbstractTraitorHero, please vote for somebody and ask them a question, along with answering what you've been asked. Yes, there are other strategies possible. Use this one first, it will be good for you.

ElephantParade, I have to ask--what kind of answers were you expecting with that last "you all got skipped" question?
None in particular. I thought it would be funny, or at least funnier than blank space. There's one other thing, but I'll be leaving it until after RVS is over.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2016, 12:11:45 am »

gentlefish
How much of a gentle fish are you truly do you have any gut feelings? Are you secretly NotSoGentlefish a ravenous scum bent on murdering us all!? Answer me FISH!
I've played like eh...2 or 4 I died day 1 in almost all of them because of me being way too honest and no one believing me I won a game though surprisingly and I've been town in all my games.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2016, 12:13:46 am »

Mostly because I haven't been able to play for something like 5 years due to work, which has finally cleared up enough that I can play--and I love this game. It's possibly my favorite.

ElephantParade, I'm keeping an eye on you, but I like that last answer. You're off the hook for now.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 06:19:43 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2016, 12:15:27 am »

Gentlefish: How will you respond to these allegations?

I mean, you've got the wrong kind of "gentle". Even a gentleman can be a killer. And so can a parade of Elephants.

Did you design your name with murder in mind?

gentlefish
How much of a gentle fish are you truly do you have any gut feelings? Are you secretly NotSoGentlefish a ravenous scum bent on murdering us all!? Answer me FISH!
I've played like eh...2 or 4 I died day 1 in almost all of them because of me being way too honest and no one believing me I won a game though surprisingly and I've been town in all my games.

Town, you say? ATH, sometimes your streak of townie luck runs out. No, I really am Gentlefish. I will admit to a name change, albeit from Pufferfish. I simply wished to change my name to something more fitting of my personality. Do you think being town all the time is too good to be true?

Mostly because I haven't been able to play for something like 5 years due to PTSD, which has finally cleared up enough that I can deal with the tensions of the game without flipping out--and I love this game. It's possibly my favorite.

Acceptable would be under-stating the acceptability of that answer.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2016, 12:17:33 am »

Mostly because I haven't been able to play for something like 5 years due to PTSD, which has finally cleared up enough that I can deal with the tensions of the game without flipping out--and I love this game. It's possibly my favorite.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that.  I've been reading games on the forums for several years now, and I definitely know your name.  I was frankly terrified of playing a game where you and webadict might be playing, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2016, 12:19:47 am »

To be completely honest I kinda want to try being mafia at least once so I've had mostly bad luck as in I'm always Townie no matter how much I want to be scum so nah I wanna be scum at one point so I can murderize people but still no luck.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2016, 12:24:27 am »

Quote from: Gentlefish
Did you design your name with murder in mind?
Surprisingly, yes—but only tangentially, I'm sorry to say. I could give the full story, but it's 10 PM and I don't feel like typing it out.

I will admit to a name change, albeit from Pufferfish
Wait, you're Pufferfish? Huh.

I will unvote for now, as I have no evidence to confirm my suspicions. Still, I'm watching you! Your marine conspiracy will be unveiled, someday! Speaking of which,

ElephantParade, I'm keeping an eye on you, but I like that last answer. You're off the hook for now.
off the hook
Quote from: Wikipedia
A fish hook or fishhook is a device for catching fish (!!!!!) either by impaling them in the mouth or, more rarely, by snagging the body of the fish.
I'm calling a Gentlefish/Vector scumteam right now.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2016, 12:28:07 am »

I'm going to bed. I don't have time to pick out another proper RVS vote, so I'm instead going to use the power of RANDOM GENERATION.

Fillipk, a trustworthy source has informed me that you are, in fact, part of the scumteam. I trust this source with my life, so I'm going to keep my vote on you for the rest of the game.

Just letting you know.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2016, 04:56:18 am »

((woah, Vector is back? Hurray! ^^))

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2016, 07:34:07 am »

Hmmm, it's either that elephant parade and Vector are playing us and they are both mafia, or one of them is mafia.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2016, 07:42:17 am »

Put me on the replacement list so I can laugh at these people while they inevitably murder eachother until I get to murder them myself :v
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2016, 09:11:02 am »

Hmmm, it's either that elephant parade and Vector are playing us and they are both mafia, or one of them is mafia.
Isn't super-early D1 a bit early for certainty?

snow dwarf: When you're suspicious of someone, you're supposed to ask them questions; that way, you can (hopefully) confirm or discard your suspicions. If you think Vector and I are scum, you should be asking us questions. not an IC, but this is pretty basic stuff

Like this:
snow dwarf: Despite posting twice, you have not asked any questions—or said anything of substance, but that's to be expected since it's RVS. The more questions people ask, the faster we can escape RVS. Why have you not asked any questions? Normally, I'd throw in a pressure vote here, but I'm still waiting on fillipk.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2016, 09:44:47 am »

What do you guys think when starring at the color red for too long?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2016, 09:53:30 am »

What do you guys think when starring at the color red for too long?
Depending on the shade, either I feel bored or my eyes hurt. I was expecting an actual question—one relating to your suspicions—rather than an RVS question, but this is better than nothing. You didn't answer my question, though.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 40