Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: DND 5e: 6-10pm EST Saturday (Recruiting: FCFS 5/6)  (Read 5996 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DND 5e: 6-10pm EST Saturday (Recruiting: FCFS 5/6)
« on: February 08, 2016, 04:01:21 am »

The periphery Kingdom of Firecotton originally consisted of runaway slaves, unjust criminals, and heretics built a holding for themselves in the harsh environment of Crag Reach, brimming with hordes of beasts and bandits. Getting by with nothing but themselves they had always been on the brink of destruction until the reign of General Talwar who through equal measure of negotation and war managed to drive the endless hordes off the lands and establish a lasting peace for the very first time.

In recognition he was given the title of King and allowed to reign as he deemed fit, a feat he excelled at. As the kingdom grew used to their newfound prosperity a curse had befallen them seemingly out of nowhere. The capital and its citizen shifted and transformed into hideous monsters bent on the destruction of all those living.

A lengthy war ensued between the monsterous packs and what was left of the army but the kingdom won. In their current devistated state they can no longer defend their boarders, protect their towns, nor have the resources to reverse the curses that befallen them.

Along with the curse are the Eight Cursed Ones, people transformed from the curse who spread it across the land who hide in the shadows whispering ill-omen. The dead are restless, the Goblin Legion returns, and bandits smell blood.

This is a Kingdom in desperate need for Heroes who can turn the tide of this war. Are you such a hero?

-
Where?
-Roll20
When?
-The goal is 2-6EST (-5GMT) on Sundays but I am flexible for 2-6 or 6-10 EST on Saturday and Sunday

-

Who are you?

While you come from all manner and walks of life you have been looped into and intertwined into this Kingdom's struggle to lift the curse and become safe once more. Outsider or native born they are in no position to argue and need your help.

All official races and classes are allowed from the main books and adventure paths. Racial requirements will be excised. If you are a race or class intended for NPCs (Aakivar or Anti-paladin) then you must pass it by me.

You will start at 3rd level, 27 point buy or Array. Non-evil. 3rd level uses standard starting money.

You can make up your own town, minor deity, villains, heroes, supporting characters in your story you wish. Yet I should state that while I will try to get through it (in fact I am planning to), I might have to adjust some details or fold the stories together.

This will be a FIRST COME FIRST SERVED game. You are not officially slotted into the game until you have a finished and complete sheet. A completed sheets has all the stats and character story.

The first game will occur when we have at least 4 players with finished sheets handed in before Friday.

-

Who are the 8 Cursed Ones?

-Talwar the King: A dark figure cloaked in pitch black metal and carrying a bastard sword. As long as he lives the dead shall not slumber and the capital shall forever be cloaked in shadows.
-Emerald Green The Fay Queen: A dryad of immense magical potency. As long as she lives the fay shall remain beasts and nature antagonistic towards all.
-Paedes The Philosopher: Originally a combatant for the legal rights of the peasantry he has been transformed into a cowardly terror who feeds on the weak. For as long as he lives, farms shall grow upon clay.
-Calisto the Madwoman: a Mad artist who painted some of the greatest works known now lost in her own world that encroaches upon the land. As long as she walks, the horrors within her mind shall as well.
-St. August the Archbishop: One of the chief orators of religious freedoms, now turned into a devil set on conquest of people's bodies and minds. As long as he still walks devils and demons shall walk these lands.
-Gale the Healer: She went from town to town offering aid and help to those who needed it, asking for not a scrap of silver in return. She now goes around spreading illness and disease. As long as she walks the land shall be plagued.
-Astarte The Warmonger: Originally cast out of his kingdom he is a renown general, trainer, and seller of weapons and armor. Now he cuts a bloody path across the countryside inspiring others to join in suit. As long as he walks the land, no one shall know peace.
-Leonides The Sorceress: A skilled practitioner who brought what little magic the kingdom knew allowing the impossible land to give once more. Now she creates arcane storms and disasters. As long as she lives air, earth, water, and fire shall never rest.
-Minor Curses: Though there are eight major curses, there are lesser beings. Their curses are isolated to single locations as opposed to an entire kingdom.

-

Player List
-Harry Baldman
-Cheesecake
-My Name is Immaterial
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 01:23:12 am by Neonivek »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: DND 5e: 2-6 or 6-10 EST Saturday/Sunday (Recruiting: FCFS 0/5)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 05:30:20 am »

I'm in for 6-10 EST Saturdays.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 05:32:22 am »

6-10 EST for me too.
Black lives matter.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 06:54:53 am »

Do you people sleep!?!

Do I sleep? *checks pulse*

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 06:59:19 am »

Sleep is for the weak! (Timezones, actually :p )

So, I'm gonna make a half-orc barbarian.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 07:02:07 am »

I believe we already have that.. exact character. Unless you don't care about overlap. :P
Black lives matter.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 07:08:01 am »

Ohh. Well dang. What don't we have?
Dying of laughter?

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 07:12:17 am »

We have said half-orc, a tiefling paladin, an elven rogue - myself, and (if what TheBiggerFish's previous roleplaying has told me will be true) some sort of mage.
Black lives matter.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 07:14:40 am »

Gnome Halfling bard it is!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:17:07 am by Cheesecake »
Dying of laughter?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 07:53:54 am »

No one has many any completed sheets yet (and none with a completed story)

So all the slots are up for grabs.

So if you want to play a half-orc barbarian now is the time to snatch it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2016, 08:02:10 am »

We have said half-orc, a tiefling paladin, an elven rogue - myself, and (if what TheBiggerFish's previous roleplaying has told me will be true) some sort of mage.
Prooooobably will end up with a sorcerer again, yeah.  Assuming I can track down an actual sourcebook.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2016, 08:06:48 am »

Here.
The rest of the site is helpful, but it doesn't have a lot of, say, extra backgrounds or races.
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 08:08:27 am »

Here.
The rest of the site is helpful, but it doesn't have a lot of, say, extra backgrounds or races.
Thankye.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 08:13:18 am »

[finger guns]
To be slightly unhelpful, most of what you need can be found with an easy search of "d&d 5e [whatever you need]". :P
Black lives matter.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 08:55:44 am »

Here we go! Cade Herosong the Gladiator Poet

Please tell me if anything is missing!
Dying of laughter?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6