Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Mission 27: Blizzard Team (ready)  (Read 18699 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 27: Blizzard Team
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 12:36:08 pm »

Vote ridge.

If shuttle doesnt have ziplines or rappel ropes manifest solid light versiond for the whole team and drop down onto the wide section of the crag.

Once there, begin crafting the aforementioned sturdy as fuck bunker.

Well I assumed the shuttle was gonna land. Already landed the other team's shuttle too.

We'll just assume you guys touched down like they did and that Auron started building his bunker.

The rest of you should set things up and get ready, then tell steve so he can broadcast your location and get the people to come to you.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 12:44:23 pm »

Use white hot club for path demolition if required. Otherwise hang around the landing area and swing it around while it's turned on, checking if it produces lightsaber noises.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2016, 04:04:52 pm »

Create portal inside Auron's bunker. Walk through to Heph and leave ARMy life behind forever.
And leave the portal remote behind, don't want anything exploding near me.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 03:32:52 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 04:41:08 pm »

Jason speaks into his helmet to Steve. "Looks like we got ourselves a deserter, Steve. You think it's safe to leave that remote with him?"

Get opinion from Steve. If he okays it, detonate Blizzard 5's (Ulrich's) remote. If not, be vaguely confused that I seem to have competent teammates for once. Go look off the ridge for people approaching.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 02:30:30 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 07:41:57 pm »

Continue building my bunker.

Recover portal remote from Ulrich before letting him through.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2016, 03:30:04 pm »

Use white hot club for path demolition if required. Otherwise hang around the landing area and swing it around while it's turned on, checking if it produces lightsaber noises.
You walk over and smash the forward path up with your club. Or rather you just kinda let it melt through the stone and turn the path into a smoothed out section  of near vertical molten stone. You destroy a good 5 meters of path;  enough to stop anyone from trying to make a flying leap. Or at least to stop them from Succeeding on their attempts.

Continue building my bunker.

Recover portal remote from Ulrich before letting him through.

Create portal inside Auron's bunker. Walk through to Heph and leave ARMy life behind forever.
And leave the portal remote behind, don't want anything exploding near me.

Bunker built. We'll assume it's just a big low lying square brick of light matter with a door and walls several feet thick. Nothing fancy, but extremely function.

The portal is an odd thing; it's not what you'd expect. You expect some kind of flat hole in reality but it's more like an ovid mass; it has a thickness to it, a three dimensional presence. You can see through to the other side but it's distorted, like looking at something under the surface of a pool of water. The image flows and distorts.

Ulrich hands the portal remote to Auron before stepping through, retiring from the life of a space cowboy.

I think Ulrich is actually the only character to retire to civilian life after time in the HMRC / ARM. 

Jason speaks into his helmet to Steve. "Looks like we got ourselves a deserter, Steve. You think it's safe to leave that remote with him?"

Get opinion from Steve. If he okays it, detonate Blizzard 5's (Ulrich's) remote. If not, be vaguely confused that I seem to have competent teammates for once. Go look off the ridge for people approaching.
He gave the remote back, but good job on the attempted team kill. It's the thought that counts. 

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2016, 06:23:45 pm »

Realize that desertion was apparently a perfectly valid option the whole time.

Then realize that desertion just means you die in a more humiliating fashion, surrounded by the squalor and filth of the malcontents we're rescuing for some unknown reason.

Anyway, check if the back path needs demolishing also. Demolish if yes. Demolish forward path a little more thoroughly if no.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2016, 01:36:27 pm »

Realize that desertion was apparently a perfectly valid option the whole time.

Then realize that desertion just means you die in a more humiliating fashion, surrounded by the squalor and filth of the malcontents we're rescuing for some unknown reason.

Anyway, check if the back path needs demolishing also. Demolish if yes. Demolish forward path a little more thoroughly if no.

You go explain to the back path that its existence is an affront to all things  good and decent. That somewhere out there in the universe there are children crying because it exists. There are dogs and cats living together in sin because the path dares to continue to be. The gull! The nerve of it!

Luckily you're  around to remedy this situation.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2016, 02:09:40 pm »

Go entrench myself somewhere and await the arrival of the cannon fodder walking lootbags refugees.

just out of curiosity, whats the default setting on pocket dimensions physical characteristics?
empty flat expanse, lightless void?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 10:01:39 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 02:35:54 pm »

Break out my 8 foot armored statue impression as I turn off my white hot club and let it cool off for a moment, awaiting somebody willing to make the horrible mistake of messing with us.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2016, 08:45:45 pm »

Find a sheltered spot that gives me a good view of the path, and make sure the sandbag is ready to go. Await refugees.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2016, 09:34:51 pm »

Find a good spot to wait for refugees. Keep an eye on the newbie teams, see what they're doing. See if they are FUBAR yet.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2016, 10:28:01 am »

Go entrench myself somewhere and await the arrival of the cannon fodder walking lootbags refugees.

just out of curiosity, whats the default setting on pocket dimensions physical characteristics?
empty flat expanse, lightless void?

The ones you're using are just a short hallway to the exit portal.

Break out my 8 foot armored statue impression as I turn off my white hot club and let it cool off for a moment, awaiting somebody willing to make the horrible mistake of messing with us.
You do your best to look like an oni statue: motionless but threatening none the less.

Find a sheltered spot that gives me a good view of the path, and make sure the sandbag is ready to go. Await refugees.
You hide in the bunker, peeking out through the entrance.

Find a good spot to wait for refugees. Keep an eye on the newbie teams, see what they're doing. See if they are FUBAR yet.
One of the newbie teams appears fubar, judging by the screaming over the radio. The other two are hanging around quite nicely.

(see fire storm thread for descriptions of incoming refugees)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2016, 10:35:06 am »

((I was asking more for clarification on my own pocket dimension, the mission equipment versions would have been modified of course.))

"Welcome to salvation you unwashed bastards, terms and conditions do apply.

all weapons are to be thrown into the transdimensional rift to your left, anyone caught smuggling weapons will be shot, burned, dismembered, impaled, eaten or just plain thrown off the cliff as my mood dictates.
I advise you to accept and abide by these conditions if you wish to proceed to the exit portal located in this here bunker."

Begin construction of a light bridge or stairway, preferably stairway because music jokes, for the refugees to use to reach the portal.

also summon my pocket dimension portal just on my side of the connector path for the refugees to throw their weapons in.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 10:57:53 am by Unholy_Pariah »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2016, 10:50:48 am »

Aid in crowd control- if I have any speakers, shout down to the civvies. Broadcast over the radio to civilians as well. "Remain calm. The route to the evacuation portal will be open momentarily. Do not bring any weaponry or dangerous goods with you. Just throw them into the smaller dimensional portal if you have them."
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:06:20 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9