Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Mission 27:Avalanche team (ready)  (Read 27464 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27:Avalanche team
« Reply #120 on: March 21, 2016, 02:29:10 pm »

Drop out of shuttle and join the official team shuttle. And I'll be wearing the fetish suit under my UWM uniform. That should be possible.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 11:36:00 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2016, 06:36:01 pm »

Ok, I've got enzymes to memorize so lets get this done and stop fucking about.

If you had something this turn like "Return to shuttle" or "Grab my stuff and be ready to leave" it auto completes. No rolls, just done. If you had some other action, and it is OF VITAL IMPORTANCE(!) then pm me and we'll do it like that. Otherwise post pone them/cancel them. Priority goes to us not standing around drowning on our own insipid saliva.

So we're heading over to the next island. This one is a bit different. It's more well to do, sort of a middle class deal thanks to a fairly good trade system they have going. And they have a pretty big plantation of Hibus Bananas, which gets them a pretty penny. These guys are gonna be harder to dislodge because unlike the slums, these people actually have an established life and income and home and other such things that people are annoyingly clingy to. The island itself is an old volcanic island; something like Hawaii or the Japanese islands. Here, let me create a map

Now I'll leave it to you how you wanna handle this, but I can tell you that there ain't any major roads that lead into the jungle or to the volcano. There's one running through the plantation and around to the fishing village but isn't very direct. The volcano is quite high  and has a good vantage point but there's also no good way up for your average civie. And if you just bomb them then the populace is probably gonna run for the jungle and hide or maybe try to steal a boat at the port and make for open ocean. If you're gonna just kidnap them, I'd recommend waiting till nightfall and staging a raid. Get them at 3am and you'll have a good head start on mass reactions since the majority of people will be asleep, even if there is a lot of screaming happening a few blocks away.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2016, 12:51:12 pm »

Prepare to shoot anyone that looks like they're about to shoot a civvy, they're less valauble than civilians anyways.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 24, 2016, 03:46:57 pm »

Get on the laser turret. Provide air support.

Actually, go door to door and help lysander with her kidnappings/polite requests to leave.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 10:14:51 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 24, 2016, 09:40:42 pm »

After we reach the point where exiting the shuttle does not cause bodily harm, get off and door-to-door try and order civilians (politely) to evacuate.
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2016, 01:33:50 am »

((Perhaps we should wait until vets have extraction point ready.))

Moving along with the group politely asking people to evacuate. I'm not asking, just providing bodyguard service for those who ask. And perhaps wearing my UWM uniform over the MCP suit will help them to make make correct decisions.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2016, 04:57:27 am »

Hover, knock politely on windows of second floors (of houses who have not opened up to the callers above at all, if there are any, otherwise random ones), in order to explain to the inhabitants the threat of universal destruction.

Have a wash in the sea if I'm still really covered in sewage. If there's just a bit left, tell people I rescued some orphans from a burning sewer.
One wheel short of a wagon

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 25, 2016, 12:19:46 pm »

Fly the team on the shuttle to the next island.

Suggest that we try torching the plantation just to remove the peoples' "attachments".
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2016, 12:33:57 pm »

Prepare to shoot anyone that looks like they're about to shoot a civvy, they're less valauble than civilians anyways.
Fighting murder with murder. Got it.

After we reach the point where exiting the shuttle does not cause bodily harm, get off and door-to-door try and order civilians (politely) to evacuate.
Get on the laser turret. Provide air support.

Actually, go door to door and help lysander with her kidnappings/polite requests to leave.

Well, there goes any element of surprise.

Because you didn't say what you wanted to say to them, I'm gonna roll for it.  Since chromatic wisp is the bright spark behind the "Rescue the populace like a Mormon missionary in a space suit" plan, I'll roll his stats. Oh look, a 0 in char.

[1]

You knock on the first door. A middle aged man answers and goes from looking mildly impatient to completely baffled when he sees you. I'll note that not only are you wearing space suits, you're also very obviously carrying weapons.

"Do you want to die?" Lysander asks, flatly

"What?" the man replies, taking a step back.

"Come with us or you'll die!" Lysander continues, his voice upbeat. "Seriously, if you don't come with us you're gonna die. We've killed a lot of people today."

At this point Trier is making exaggerated shushing gestures, including, unfortunately, the neck cutting gesture, which is the only one the man sees.

"Lots of people! Crushed, burned, shot, even disassembled into component parts and preserved for later use.  All because the universe is collapsing and an angry space pyramid wants to molest your mind and fornicate with your soul! Please come with us, for your own safety!"

The man slams the door and you can hear it lock.

Lysander quickly circles around to the first window he....the hell gender is lysander...lets look it up....you left it intentionally ambiguous. Neat.  Lysander quickly circles around to the first window thon can find and proceeds to punch thon's head straight through the glass and into the man's living room.

"WE'RE GONNA MAKE YOU SO FUCKING SAFE, MISTER!"

Somewhere in the distance you hear Kate cocking her weapon.

((Perhaps we should wait until vets have extraction point ready.))

Moving along with the group politely asking people to evacuate. I'm not asking, just providing bodyguard service for those who ask. And perhaps wearing my UWM uniform over the MCP suit will help them to make make correct decisions.
As the first man your group attempted to ask runs out his back door and goes screaming down the road, you begin to think that perhaps you should have been the one to ask.

Lysander is chasing him screaming something about "Waking up in a pool of his own safety fluids."

Hover, knock politely on windows of second floors (of houses who have not opened up to the callers above at all, if there are any, otherwise random ones), in order to explain to the inhabitants the threat of universal destruction.

Have a wash in the sea if I'm still really covered in sewage. If there's just a bit left, tell people I rescued some orphans from a burning sewer.

You wash off and then go selling salvation door to door.
[2]
You fly up to a second floor window and peek in. Oh, it's a lady having a shower. You just sit there and stare. And stare. And stare until she eventually notices you and runs screaming out of the room.

You continue to blankly stare at the shower.

Fly the team on the shuttle to the next island.

Suggest that we try torching the plantation just to remove the peoples' "attachments".

I can only imagine you pitching your idea to a completely empty shuttle because everyone else is off botching their rolls in town.

Just like, explaining your plan at the front of the shuttle before walking to the back, sitting down, and praising the plan before walking back up and accepting the praise from yourself.

Just the saddest, loneliest tactical explanation possible.

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2016, 02:56:21 pm »

Go spread the word of Steve to the rest of populace, stab them with the crystalline projector if they resist.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2016, 03:23:31 pm »

Make my new friend intensely safe by taking him with us.
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 27, 2016, 02:46:08 am »

Stop Lysander so he can't make situation any worse. Grab him by shoulder (friendly and firmly) and show him the wrong end of my rifle. Perhaps that is deterrent enough.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2016, 05:06:02 am »

"Avalanche Team! This isn't working, nobody trusts us, and this is only a few civilians anyway! We'd do a better job to take out the local military or police station, maybe grab some of their uniforms, then convince the civilians to leave wearing those!"

Go find the nearest police station or military position. Observe carefully. EMM (Exaggerated Movement Mode) is on right now.

If I see a military or police officer on their own, far away from the rest, sneak up on them while flying and twitchblade their head off at the neck, using grenades (goop first) if necessary. Try and be stealthy, turning EMM off if necessary for this, but prevent them from calling for help first and foremost.

Then take the body, any weapons and uniform, and dropkick the head into the ocean or jungle somewhere.
One wheel short of a wagon

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2016, 08:42:58 am »

Sigh at the leader's refusal to not immediately turn to threats, but man the turret anyways. If shooting is needed, go for the legs. Consider playing Johnny I Hardly Knew Ya as preformed by the Blaggards for Irony points.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2016, 10:05:34 pm »

If Kate is in my shuttle turret, casually tip her over the side if she tries shooting at one of our fine respectable psychopaths.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12