Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Mission 27: Typhoon Team (ready)  (Read 21458 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Typhoon Team
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2016, 02:16:46 pm »

Head over to avalanche team.
((I've been requested over there so after this action I'll post in avalanche?))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 04:55:55 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2016, 10:07:36 am »

Head over to avalanche team.
((I've been requested over there so after this action I'll post in avalanche?))
Okie dokie

Continue being actually competent.

If something bad happens, and it's something that can be contained, Containment Gun it.

Otherwise, just don't get injured and don't injure, prioritizing not getting injured over not injuring.

Huh. Continue being surprisingly competent and evacuate civilians. At least until the other teams fuck up(s) catch up to us.
There's not a whole lot of people left in this chunk of town. You could move on, but you're getting farther from the portal. To the point that the walk is getting a bit too long for many people to willingly do. Should either move the portal or get something to transport them. Buses, maybe?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2016, 10:18:47 am »

Buses sound good. Go and "acquire" a bus or two with help from teammates. Use the messages to help convince anyone that might try and stop us, to start helping us. After that, continue with evacuating people, using the messages as needed.

EDIT: Oh, and use the shuttle wherever it might be useful.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:25:42 am by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2016, 05:01:29 pm »

No, just acquire the buses, no stealing.

Ask politely.

"Excuse me, but we're evacuating the city, and the evac point is over there, and we'd like to borrow your buses to make it easier to get people there."
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Swords-Otter

• Bay Watcher
  • "there is always hope"
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2016, 01:18:32 am »

Help acquire a vehicle for transport: follow any reasonable orders from my teammates. 
There are two types of great forts. Theres "hey guys look at my awesome fort were we kill all the invaders and have steel everything". Then there's
 "Holy **** every thing is all ****ed up What the **** have we done ?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2016, 01:05:14 pm »

Help acquire a vehicle for transport: follow any reasonable orders from my teammates. 
No, just acquire the buses, no stealing.

Ask politely.

"Excuse me, but we're evacuating the city, and the evac point is over there, and we'd like to borrow your buses to make it easier to get people there."

Buses sound good. Go and "acquire" a bus or two with help from teammates. Use the messages to help convince anyone that might try and stop us, to start helping us. After that, continue with evacuating people, using the messages as needed.

EDIT: Oh, and use the shuttle wherever it might be useful.

You all, with no real idea where to get a bus, simply wait at a bus stop. And when a bus inevitably comes, you pile on and begin blasting the prerecorded messages at the driver.  This works, and you use this method to gather several more buses and bus drivers willing to ferry refugees to the portal.

This should speed things up considerably.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2016, 02:05:29 pm »

Keep this up.  Ask a driver where the bus depot is.  Head there and repeat the procedure.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2016, 07:28:26 pm »

Well then. Keep evacuating the surrounding areas as well.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #158 on: May 05, 2016, 11:44:22 am »

Keep this up.  Ask a driver where the bus depot is.  Head there and repeat the procedure.
You recruit several more buses this way.

Well then. Keep evacuating the surrounding areas as well.
You depopulate a large chunk of the semiurban areas, though there's more resistance here. Many people give you that "I WAS BORN HERE THIS LAND IS MINE I DON"T CARE BOUT NO ALIEN MENACE" speech. You know the one. The one old men give about how they've weathered storms in the past, just before the tornado sucks them and their trailer up into the stormy abyss.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 05, 2016, 01:33:33 pm »

I do actually. You just described anywhere from a third to half of my relatives, depending on how drunk they are at the time. 

If I haven't already played the messages, do so. See if that helps.

If I have and that's the response I got, tell them that's fine if they want to stay, but this is the only chance of evacuating they're going to get from us. If they decide to make their way to the portals later on, tell them there is no guarantee of us still being here. It's not a threat, just stating the facts.

After that bit of fun is over, just keep evacuating people, playing the messages, taking those that are willing. Leave behind those that want to go screaming to their deaths from the Lurker. I mean, I can't guarantee we won't do that to them also, but I can guarantee they will with the Lurker.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #160 on: May 07, 2016, 12:54:15 pm »

I do actually. You just described anywhere from a third to half of my relatives, depending on how drunk they are at the time. 

If I haven't already played the messages, do so. See if that helps.

If I have and that's the response I got, tell them that's fine if they want to stay, but this is the only chance of evacuating they're going to get from us. If they decide to make their way to the portals later on, tell them there is no guarantee of us still being here. It's not a threat, just stating the facts.

After that bit of fun is over, just keep evacuating people, playing the messages, taking those that are willing. Leave behind those that want to go screaming to their deaths from the Lurker. I mean, I can't guarantee we won't do that to them also, but I can guarantee they will with the Lurker.

At this point with the buses and all I'm ready to just say that you and the others have managed to evacuate basically everywhere that matters. There may be some people left in stores or around down town but the majority have been grabbed.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 07, 2016, 01:16:36 pm »

Works for me! Find a good waiting spot and ask Steve what needs to happen next. Maybe do some light recreational looting in the abandoned residential areas, looking for anything shiny/valuable/interesting, while waiting. There had to of been some preppers that left most of their shit behind, right?

If there are people holed up in hidey holes, play messages at them. If that doesn't convince them, just leave, not worth getting shot at. If the cops show up, play messages at them and tell them we were still looking for more people to evacuate, hope it gets them to stand down.

Don't push anything that could spark a bad confrontation.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 01:21:40 pm by renegadelobster »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2016, 01:46:29 pm »

Yeah.
Sigtext

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #163 on: May 10, 2016, 03:58:30 pm »

Gonna count this as Typhoon team ready to go.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 10, 2016, 03:59:32 pm »

Pretty much.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12