Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 82

Author Topic: Mission 27 Radio Chatter  (Read 66817 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27 Radio Chatter
« Reply #255 on: February 12, 2016, 12:38:48 pm »

Would you guys perfer this for interteam chatter and then other threads for the chatter between individuals on the same team? Ie team chatter threads and then total chatter thread?
(~le shrug, I'm fine either way)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #256 on: February 12, 2016, 12:39:31 pm »

((Either way is fine with me as well.))

All signs:
"hurricane-4 speaking.  if you have the opportunity please do take a look at the mobs, hurricane-2.  let me know if you can discern the mood of the crowd and whether they are carrying unconcealed weaponry."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 12:47:15 pm by Nunzillor »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 12, 2016, 12:41:19 pm »

((No major preference))

All signs

Avalanche two here, roger that. Which direction are you going from then, hurricane two?
One wheel short of a wagon

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 12, 2016, 12:41:38 pm »

Would you guys perfer this for interteam chatter and then other threads for the chatter between individuals on the same team? Ie team chatter threads and then total chatter thread?

((I believe we should stay this way. We already started like this and there's also the fact it might defeat the thread's purpose in case people in the same squad start chatting and making it harder to find the actions in their threads.))
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: February 12, 2016, 12:43:15 pm »

All signs:
Huricane 2 here, I landed near blizzard's landing position, I think I am by the south edge so you go along the north side of the slums.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #260 on: February 12, 2016, 12:43:54 pm »

I think the way it is right now is fine, I agree with the rest.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 12, 2016, 12:47:26 pm »

I would prefer it that way. Makes nonverbal communication easier if we're not supposed to be talking over radio exclusively, and Gordon Freeman is a silent protagonist.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 12, 2016, 12:49:27 pm »

All signs

Avalanche two, got it. Try not to hit any seagulls.
One wheel short of a wagon

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #263 on: February 12, 2016, 12:52:29 pm »

I would prefer it that way. Makes nonverbal communication easier if we're not supposed to be talking over radio exclusively, and Gordon Freeman is a silent protagonist.
You can have nonverbal communication over the radio. Use Morse code. :P

More seriously, I don't see why you can't post text messages here. As piecewise said, the things on the first post are guidelines to make  communistic easier. As long as it's easy to understand who's speaking and who they are addressing, you can use quotes with the appropriate team colour.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: February 12, 2016, 12:54:17 pm »

((Sure, it's just that it's called the 'radio chatter' thread. :P))

Avalanche all
Gordon audibly sighs over the radio.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: February 12, 2016, 12:58:40 pm »

I wouldn't make more threads personally, would make finding the thread you need that bit more annoying. System as it is now seems to work well enough.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 12, 2016, 01:02:07 pm »

((It's fine as is.  More threads would mean this whole mission series has 15 threads, which is absurd.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: February 12, 2016, 01:04:21 pm »

((Just put it back into tbe threads, we only have up to seven members on each team.))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 12, 2016, 01:12:30 pm »

Avalanche one reporting in. I'll move our shuttle into overwatch for the landed parties.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: February 12, 2016, 01:13:13 pm »

((Just put it back into tbe threads, we only have up to seven members on each team.))
+1 small teams shouldn't lead to too much chatter.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 82