Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Something weird is Happening to my Stockpiles  (Read 800 times)

Mister McNope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Something weird is Happening to my Stockpiles
« on: February 04, 2016, 09:58:51 am »

I'm having a serius issue with stockpiles, I have 2 or 3 stone stockpiles mostly empty (by that I mean the only things in it where the stones and other stuff in the ground) and lots and lots of stone laying around the fort, but no one is storing then, the stockpiles are set to take from anywhere, alowing 3 wheelbarrows, none of the stones are forbiden or set to be dumped, yet I have 20 idlers. After I place a new stockpile jobs are set to store stones in then, but then they are all canceled almost imediatly, and the dwarves go back to idle. I most add that this is a reclaimed fort in 42.05, and that the stones where is stockpiles before, and are in the general area of their old stockpiles, but NONE of then are forbiden or set to be dumped. The weird thing is that when I place the stockpile jobs to haul stone are added to the J menu, but a few seconds later they are all gone, as if I have deleted the stockpile.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Something weird is Happening to my Stockpiles
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:17:42 am »

Any burrows? Are you sure the dwarves can path to the stockpiles?

Argus_Mccray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 10:35:39 am »

Are you designating the stockpile to hold anything else? I was having this exact problem with stone hauling jobs when I set up a multipurpose stockpile, but it worked okay when I set up a pure stone stockpile instead.

Libash_Thunderhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 10:38:23 am »

reclaimed fort

Suspicious.
I'm not sure but sometimes it seems ownerships can be messed up if you reclaim a player-built fortress.

Mister McNope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 10:52:13 am »

Any burrows? Are you sure the dwarves can path to the stockpiles?
Nope, no burrows and a clear path.
Are you designating the stockpile to hold anything else? I was having this exact problem with stone hauling jobs when I set up a multipurpose stockpile, but it worked okay when I set up a pure stone stockpile instead.
Only stone and it's subtypes (economic, clay, etc.)
reclaimed fort

Suspicious.
I'm not sure but sometimes it seems ownerships can be messed up if you reclaim a player-built fortress.
Yeah, I belive this is being caused by ownership issues with the old fort, but this is only happening to the stone stockpile, all the other ones are fine.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 11:04:43 am »

Do you have enough wheelbarrows to actually perform the hauling?
It's been claimed the number of haul jobs to a stockpile with wheelbarrows assigned is the lower of the number of wheelbarrows specified and the number of wheelbarrows actually assigned (and the number of items available to haul, of course).

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes explosions for their BOOM
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 11:12:05 am »

Try setting wheelbarrows to zero and see if they'll haul by hand?

Mister McNope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 11:30:35 am »

Try setting wheelbarrows to zero and see if they'll haul by hand?
Do you have enough wheelbarrows to actually perform the hauling?
It's been claimed the number of haul jobs to a stockpile with wheelbarrows assigned is the lower of the number of wheelbarrows specified and the number of wheelbarrows actually assigned (and the number of items available to haul, of course).
Going to try and do that, see if it works, if it doesn't then I think it's most likely a bug.
EDIT: That was it, apparently the wheelbarrows where the cause of the issue, thanks for the help everyone.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:57:25 am by Mister McNope »