Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230763 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 18
« Reply #2985 on: October 18, 2016, 08:13:41 pm »

I know EP is cloning and in the process creating 'problems', but doesn't explain every 'visiting player' we see (N1 action of EP granted additional skills, right, even as anothe Clone appeared?). EP could be actually useful in cloning the counter-measure as much as the problematic.
Why didn't you clone Starver?
...not sure that would help. Not even sure Hector's intentions are wholly honourable, as said, and may know something I don't, but it had occured to me before that was said.  Not enough information, though. Caution, perhaps. Assuming cloning Hector hasn't already doomed things.

Shakerag was initially a replacement for FoU, were they not? They also had that ability to remove themselves from the game, that doesn't count as a death. My guess would be Shakerag removed themselves as a player from the game, to have FoU replace them. That is 100% speculation though.

EP presently has the most malignant known role - though I can't recall TBF's, so if someone could link me to it, I'd appreciate that. As we saw from D2-1, having two people that needed to be lynched on D2 almost caused a paradox. Bad juju, particularly since they have to use the cloning ability.

EP: Another question I have is why on the first set of days, you waited 'til N1 to use the ability you supposedly need to use to win, and on this set it was an N0 choice?

Got an ETA on answering my previous questions? Time's-a-wastin'.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: October 18, 2016, 09:22:57 pm »

What makes you say that?
If I target TBF or any of his clones, I create a paradox, since only one can be lynched N2.

He said he had a power to remove himself from the game, though given your assertion you cloned him as TDS, and TDS' flip doesn't contain that particular power, I'm not so sure.

Though again, he did say he received that power N1...
Any clone I create gets a one-shot power that removes them from the game.

You tell us.
I can't, because I don't know how your paradox works.

We should lynch you because you need to use your power, which clones people. The more people there are, the more likely there is to be a paradox, and I don't think we want that.
It sounds like Starver has some kind of anti-paradox power; if doing so wouldn't create any problems, I can just clone him (assuming this isn't the last cycle).

Nonsense. Anyone can make up a wincon.
I suppose, yeah. Prisoner's Dilemma at work, guys! Why post your puzzle pieces when you could hoard them?

Implying you have a town read on me. Do provide quotes for such an assertion, and perhaps some which make Starver look less than ideal.
It was mostly just a feeling, honestly. I could go dig up quotes to support it (though I won't because I have a midterm tomorrow, and thus  a rather limited amount of time), but one could do the same for any such feeling, so...

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: October 18, 2016, 09:38:15 pm »

EBWOP: The original gains the ability—that is, the ability that allows one to win the game—not the clone.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: October 18, 2016, 09:43:34 pm »

I guess I have no reason to move my vote then. If you're not going to take part in the day game, I have no problem removing you from it.

I also don't know what happens when you clone someone multiple times.

Confused as to why you consider cloning Starver now, citing his claimed power... which he claimed multiple times on D2-1, but cloned me, saying I'm more towny, while not telling us how I'm town in any capacity.

This is not a prisoner's dilemma, since there are more than two players and there are more than two options. We're also not choosing the outcome separately and privately so... I'm curious why you're painting the situation as such?

How will posting our wincons help you figure out who to vote for, if at all? How will you know the person posting them is reliable? Unsupported gut feeling?

You've forgotten to answer the question from here.

PPE: I gained nothing, you didn't clone me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: October 18, 2016, 09:45:33 pm »

Wincon: You win if you die on Day <unknown>
Paradox: You cause a paradox if you survive past Day <unknown>

This is my authoritative claim.

I also have an auto that says if I would be lynched, my role changes.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: October 18, 2016, 09:48:48 pm »

I just need to survive.

What's your archetype, TBF?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: October 18, 2016, 10:02:21 pm »

I'm Town Special.  If you meant role archetype, I think I'm a weird Jester.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: October 18, 2016, 10:13:44 pm »

Nah, just the archetypes we've been using are fine.

Seeing as how, presumably, a paradox wasn't caused last round when you weren't lynched D1, and how it would be tremendously unfair for you to be lynched on D2 when someone else is required to be lynched then, I think it's reasonable to assume you need to be killed on D3. This assuming the "standard" D3 end, anyway.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: October 19, 2016, 01:13:49 pm »

Just checking, before day ends (whatever day it is, again...) whether there are any Pardoxes I should be Fixing. I don't think there are any (forced, or by omission), but I don't want to miss any...

(Votecount, please, just to give us a clue.)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: October 19, 2016, 03:47:45 pm »

In that case, vishdafish, which day did you choose?

What day? I just joined?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: October 19, 2016, 04:02:39 pm »

So, what reason would EP have to lie then?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2996 on: October 19, 2016, 04:20:26 pm »

hector13
(0)
FallacyofUrist
(0)
TheBiggerFish
(0)
Starver
(0)
Elephant Parade
(1) - hector13
vishdafish
(0)
No Lynch
(1) - FallacyofUrist
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2997 on: October 19, 2016, 04:36:35 pm »

In that case, vishdafish, which day did you choose?

What day? I just joined?
Ah, at last.  Nice to hear from om you.

The low-down is that we're pretty sure you're a clone of Hector's role (possibly a temporary one), and that if Hector isn't totally spinning us you may then have been given some role actions.

Your input on this would be useful, but you might want to read this round's progression first.  (But quickly! This day is nearly over!)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: October 19, 2016, 04:38:28 pm »

(This particular round starts here. Happy reading!)

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2999 on: October 19, 2016, 04:58:28 pm »

So the main goal we have right now is to avoid having a paradox? Should I reveal my power, cause I dont think there is scum in this round?
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 237