Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 230786 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 18
« Reply #2955 on: October 12, 2016, 12:03:15 am »

Yup.  So, thanks to TDS's actions IDGAF about what happens for at least the rest of the day, if not the whole game.  Cheers!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2956 on: October 12, 2016, 12:33:18 am »

Hey, we don't know what a paradox does yet.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2957 on: October 12, 2016, 12:51:49 am »

Hey, we don't know what a paradox does yet.
Don't know, don't care.  Game's over for me as far as I know.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2958 on: October 12, 2016, 08:42:59 am »

Popping my head up again, after going through both forward and backwards. Hard to say what is what without clarification, though...  @everyone, will you check I've not missed a change-of-claim?

Fish is saying his "blanked" specification is "lynched by day (unknown)". If that stands for both TDS and Shak then realistically I'd expect that either a D1 lynch of Shak (despite Shak saying that no lynches should occur then, and had the skills to prevent it) and D2 lynch of TDS ('on time') would fulfill those two apparent Jesters' conditions and would apparently prevent all Paradoxen.
TDS has vote-changing power which apparently does not act upon non-voters (maybe/maybe not NoLynch voters, not yet tested). And as Shak gained some skill N1, will (or would have?) TDS have gained an equivalent skill N2, automatically, or was that someone's doing? (Might be explicable as the N0 visitor of mine, who gave me nothing because I wasn't the 'right sort' to be given it, in which case it depends upon the same person going for TDS, if still alive, N2, to repeat this...)
Hector has D3 on repeat, but not sure what use that is. Perhaps it was an error to choose D3 when two D2 lynches should have been made, or maybe it's the fault of the agency (EP?) that chose D2 for both clones?
EP did create both clones, yes? Of the original Fish? But thinks Fish is scum, at least now..?

My conclusion at the moment is that the carefully crafted balance of powers have come together to create this situation of unwinability, Tomasque powerless to stop (even if he wanted!) a Town Loss.  But there's a possibility for success, still...

EP mentioned in passing that a number of paradoxes may need to happen to trigger defeat.  What if that's three paradoxes, across the four days (inclusive of Hector's repeat day)?  By seeing the roleflip of one paradox-causer/denier, we get a handle on the paradox-beneficiary's (or "all town lose!"1) actual tools to do so.  A second paradox (in leiu of trapping the true evil?) shows us the way, and we can avoid a third paradox from happening.

Whether that's by autolynching the new guy who shows up on the morning of D3 (and the next D3 too?) or specifcally by not lynching them.  Whatever comes out as true.

I don't think I can do anything about TDS/Shak Lynch/Notlynch situation (I can stop things, but only before they happen irrevocably, and for all I know this is the best of a bad set of solutions), but I don't think it means I can't use D2 dusk's info to be useful on D3. Either of them. If that's even true.

Right?

1 I don't think it is that, given it would be repetition...

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2959 on: October 14, 2016, 03:00:30 pm »

Bonus Round

Night 2

hector13
(0)
Shakerag
(0)
TheBiggerFish
(0)
Starver
(0)
Elephant Parade
(0)
TheDarkStar
(4) - TheDarkStar, Shakerag, TheBiggerFish, Elephant Parade

Not Voting
hector13, Starver

TheDarkStar was Jesus of Nazareth
Spoiler: Jesus of Nazareth (click to show/hide)

Bonus Round

Night 0

The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #2960 on: October 17, 2016, 07:56:29 pm »

Bonus Round

Day 1

hector13
(0)
FallacyofUrist
(0)
TheBiggerFish
(0)
Starver
(0)
Elephant Parade
(0)
vishdafish
(0)

Wednesday, 6:00 PM PST
Thursday, 1:00 AM GMT
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2961 on: October 17, 2016, 07:58:43 pm »

I have a feeling about this.

Who was the one what cloned roles?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2962 on: October 17, 2016, 07:59:06 pm »

Though I just noticed that it's day 1 again.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2963 on: October 17, 2016, 08:01:51 pm »

I have a bad feeling about this.

Tomasque:Are the days correct?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2964 on: October 17, 2016, 08:03:55 pm »

EP: who did you target, man?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2965 on: October 17, 2016, 08:12:41 pm »

Money!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2966 on: October 17, 2016, 08:18:50 pm »

Ohhh this, this is the paradox?

I feel silly now.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2967 on: October 17, 2016, 09:15:19 pm »

I targeted you, since I can do so without dooming us to suffer a paradox.

Everyone: We're NL-ing N1 and lynching Shakerag N2, right? Anyone know if this'll create a paradox?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2968 on: October 17, 2016, 09:17:16 pm »

In that case, vishdafish, which day did you choose?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2969 on: October 17, 2016, 09:18:48 pm »

I targeted you, since I can do so without dooming us to suffer a paradox.

Everyone: We're NL-ing N1 and lynching Shakerag N2, right? Anyone know if this'll create a paradox?

And also, Shakerag is not in the game no more.

I think we should lynch you, since all this adding of people just makes a paradox more likely.

Why didn't you clone Starver?

Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 237