Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231346 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 9
« Reply #1680 on: May 05, 2016, 07:58:59 pm »

Round 10 - Night 0
 Everything seemed as usual in the happy Suburbs District 6, but beneath the cheery exterior hid a threat that threatened the very lives of the citizens of that suburb.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 09:48:47 am by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 9
« Reply #1681 on: May 06, 2016, 09:48:31 am »

Round 10 - Day 1
 Morning arrived came, but the evil remained. Hidden in plain sight, it was unaccosted by the people whom it preyed on. This was it's nature, and it suited it very well.

Votecount
FallacyofUrist (0)
hector13 (0)
TheBiggerFish (0)
Starver (0)
The Moonlit Shadow (0)

Day ends Sunday 8:00 AM PST
              Sunday 3:00 PM GMT
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 10
« Reply #1682 on: May 06, 2016, 09:54:27 am »

In other news, no, I will not join your "enlightened society", whoever you are.

As for the bloke who wanted to ask me some questions... I basically have zero trust with regard to this mechanic. For all I knew, you could have been scum lying about what you wanted to do in order to get inside my house and end me.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 06, 2016, 10:05:58 am »

That sounds like you are trying to suggest there are two anti-town roles, min.

I also recall you trying to do a similar thing when you were scum at one point... though I imagine there will be a point that we do get multiple Evil roles.

Also "bloke"? WTH, FoU, I thought you was 'murrican. Can't be using British slang to confuse that.

Nobody acted on me last night, not that it really matters.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 06, 2016, 10:07:08 am »

In other news, no, I will not join your "enlightened society", whoever you are.

As for the bloke who wanted to ask me some questions... I basically have zero trust with regard to this mechanic. For all I knew, you could have been scum lying about what you wanted to do in order to get inside my house and end me.
Oho...  A multiplicity of doorsteppers out there. Explains my Auto.
(Not that I want to explain my Auto, as it may be my only defence against Scum.)

Hector, why didn't you try to visit me?  (Or did you?)

Naww,  only joking on the vote front, so unvote already, although I definitely did expect something if you were able.. ;)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 06, 2016, 10:09:04 am »

Also "bloke"? WTH, FoU, I thought you was 'murrican. Can't be using British slang to confuse that.
But I bloody like British slang!
~~~
On a more serious note: This round's "main mechanic", so to speak, seems to be the People At Your Door thing: people seem to have actions that require them to ask entry to other people's houses, and cannot be preformed if they don't get entry.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 06, 2016, 10:12:17 am »

But I bloody like British slang!
~~~
On a more serious note: This round's "main mechanic", so to speak, seems to be the People At Your Door thing: people seem to have actions that require them to ask entry to other people's houses, and cannot be preformed if they don't get entry.

Seems legit. Works with what I know anyway, which isn't much.

Naww,  only joking on the vote front, so unvote already, although I definitely did expect something if you were able.. ;)

How comes? :o

I won last round, and probably still would had you been alive and revealed my wincon and such :P

If anything, I would've expected you to visit me! Or FoU, seeing as I kinda outed him.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 06, 2016, 10:32:34 am »

(Just extrapolating from prior rounds. From memory, alone. It means nothing, round-to-round, of course.)

If you (plural) have questions for me, please bare with me over the next few hours, this evening involves visiting family, and tomorrow PM (UK time) is also busy, but I'll probably get some late-night/early morning discussion in, if anything sensible crops up in my direction. Not that I have much to work with, at the moment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 06, 2016, 02:33:27 pm »

I don't even get the choice to let people in.  Why is it that I always seem to get stuck with The Role That Does Not Partake Of A Mechanic?

I l don't have empirical data on that, just feels like it.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 06, 2016, 05:19:13 pm »

I don't even get the choice to let people in.
I think you shouldn't have said this. Now you're more likely a scum target.

I let in the person who visited me. I don't seem to be dead yet, so... (I have no idea what happened)
Don't worry, you're fine.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 07, 2016, 12:59:59 am »

Oh? What makes you say that?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 07, 2016, 01:02:45 am »

Have a vote too, FoU.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 07, 2016, 01:43:24 am »

I'm not sure why. It seems to me that FoU gets to decide his interactions, whilst TBF cannot refuse and elsewhere there's an always refuse.  Give or take as yet unknown exemptions in all three cases, probably.

This would link in with the standard three-tiers of Towniness, or possibly two Town tiers and Neutral one. I can't see you being able to get a Scumread out of Fallacy stating (rather than memorising for fun and profit) Fish's apparent slip.

I'd be more inclined to call out Fish as feigning a weakness or you as jumping to a conclusion that clearly has easy and perfectly innocent alternatives. As to the remaining 'suspect', right now I can only imagine Moonlit as semi-confirmed by Fallacy.  Which, yes, might rely on Fallacy being true Town, but the multiple Scum would be required for Moonlit to be being fake-confirmed, sanity of Fallacy allowing, even while a scummy Fallacy could be establishing an alibi...  Or perhaps I'm reading too much into that interaction. Or you know something I don't. But it's where I'm currently at, and I can't work out how to fill in the blanks, so might as well give the basics, and see what everyone else makes of it.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 07, 2016, 10:14:36 am »

@Starver:You have those the wrong way around, I always refuse, not always accept.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: May 07, 2016, 04:42:24 pm »

Oh? What makes you say that?
I was assuming that TBF meant anyone visiting him would automatically be let in, not
I always refuse.
But if he always let whoever visited him in, the scum could automatically do whatever he/she does to TBF without TBF getting a choice in the matter.

FoU, you've been quite rude to me as of late.

I hope I can trust you about my safety...
Well, I know my action wasn't bad for you. If someone else visited you, maybe theirs was...

Which, yes, might rely on Fallacy being true Town...
Well, seeing as I'm neutral...

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 237