Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231812 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #1320 on: April 04, 2016, 10:08:42 pm »

yo starver.

who're you?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: April 04, 2016, 10:09:13 pm »

@hector:Because I'm the (an?) investigator.

Better reason. You've only ever voted when someone votes for you. Doesn't strike me as town motive.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: April 04, 2016, 10:12:38 pm »

My motive is that I can simultaneously do three things tonight if not lynched, test FoU's claimed ability and investigate someone.

If you really think I'm that evil after tonight, lynch me tomorrow.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: April 04, 2016, 10:14:39 pm »

Yes, I know, I only said two things.

The third thing should be obvious if you think about what I'm trying to avoid saying about my abilities.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: April 04, 2016, 10:16:21 pm »

My motive is that I can simultaneously do three things tonight if not lynched, test FoU's claimed ability and investigate someone.

If you really think I'm that evil after tonight, lynch me tomorrow.

Why do I had to wait until tomorrow to do it? If I think you're Evil I'll lynch you now.

You claim FoU's ability won't work on you, so how will you test it?

Where is Moonlit?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: April 04, 2016, 10:19:25 pm »

No.  It's going to fire off just fine.  It's just not going to have any effect.  That's different from 'not working'.

Why does it matter what day you lynch me on if I'm definitely evil?
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: April 04, 2016, 10:20:02 pm »

Also, would an Evil role seriously be asking for a single night and no more?
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: April 04, 2016, 10:20:28 pm »

Ok, got to the end.
(Except for 5 new intervening replies to read!)

Nice to see I (my character) was namechecked.  I'm still not sure whether I'd be considered good or bad (depends on the game conceit, depends on the win conditions, depends on loads of things!) but I'll tell you that I'm Undyne.  And I have an ability related to 'my' being a Guard.

From what (still) little I know about my character, it's why I was wondering if 'kills' and replacement roles were linear according to the character (apparently 'I' come back with determination, or somesuch), but it seems Tomasque's not got that in mind.

Given no role-flips, I'm not sure what use either truth or lies, regarding our characters, will be, though.  Especially when character alliances are (again, from what little I've read) seem to be rather fluid.  So I've either put myself at a huge disadvantage, against all you that know the relevant lores, or... it means nothing.

Either way, if Tomasque has a role ready to give to whoever gets lynched, I say we go that route.  Not sure I'm the best person to be lynched, given what might be lost, but then again maybe I can understand my replacement character better..?  (Hey!  It might even be an Evil one that I could win with by pure fluke... ;) )

So, there you are.  And I shall probably be around for the next few hours, but I'm not sure I can influence anything so...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: April 04, 2016, 10:27:41 pm »

No.  It's going to fire off just fine.  It's just not going to have any effect.  That's different from 'not working'.

Why does it matter what day you lynch me on if I'm definitely evil?

The difference between you firing off a night action and not?

I think there's no difference between "having no effect" and "not working". They are synonymous. Unless you're not explaining it very well...

PPE: make a vote.

Alright. Asgore, Asriel, Sans, Papyrus and Undyne. Papyrus, Undyne and Sans are probably genuinely good, which leaves Asriel and Asgore.

Asriel I don't think exists in a genocide run (not as Asriel, anyway) so... Moonlit, partly 'cause of inactivity.

No idea if the right decision is being made, but it's better than a no lynch.

What do you know of determination, Starver?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: April 04, 2016, 10:28:35 pm »

Hmm.

That checks out.

Everyone:
Role lists so far:
TBF:sans.  did you think i was just gonna stand there and take it?  ...that look on your face...
Hector13:Claimed Asriel.
FoU:Claimed PAPYRUS.  Claims guarding using Blue Attacks.
TMS:Claimed Asgore.  No abilities claimed.  Not sure I trust this one.
Starver:Convincingly loreful claim of Undyne.  I'm not so sure whether I trust them though, my wincon was no different from any other round and they're going on about being unsure...
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: April 04, 2016, 10:29:07 pm »

@hector:Tomasque all but said this disregards runs as such.
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: April 04, 2016, 10:29:43 pm »

Wait what did I get TMS and hector mixed up?
Sigtext

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: April 04, 2016, 10:30:27 pm »

Having no effect means I see if it exists.  It not working means that nothing happens.
Sigtext

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: April 04, 2016, 10:31:53 pm »

No, I'm Asriel, TMS claimed Asgore, and also seemed to confirm that I'm Asriel. Not sure that's a good thing, so... let's get them gone please.

PPE: I'm past that now, but it still makes no sense :P

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 04, 2016, 10:32:53 pm »

Either way, I'm sleeping now.

If day ends before I wake back up Unvote.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 237