Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231835 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #1200 on: March 28, 2016, 10:55:46 pm »

Well the problem with that is my claimed role name was mentioned in another player's flip, along with them taking over my abilities if I die first.

There's also the issue of my claimed ability - game continuing until the Evil role is killed while I'm alive - pretty much being confirmed by us being in D5, and the fact there are two players remaining, which normally constitutes the no-return point for a scum win.

I don't understand why I'm arguing the point though :P :))
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 29, 2016, 09:48:23 pm »

Don't count my chickens before they hatch...

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 29, 2016, 09:51:02 pm »

;D
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 31, 2016, 10:51:56 am »

Round Over - Scum Wins!

hector13 died of his wounds
hector13 was the Captain
Spoiler: Captain (click to show/hide)
Starver gets two victory points.

Spoiler: Player Roles (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Action Log (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 03:51:31 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: March 31, 2016, 10:52:42 am »

Gah, I should have seen lurking...
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: March 31, 2016, 10:54:43 am »

Note: If a person chooses to forfeit (instead of keep) when they gain two victory points, they will only forfeit one of those points. The other point will be kept.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: March 31, 2016, 08:07:36 pm »

Okey dokey, now I know I can talk freely...  So I'll keep it brief.  For once.

I already knew DST had come to the US, day 1 (and had voted, but feigned otherwise).  OTOH, I genuinely missed day-end Day 2.  And I actually was getting Fish and Fallacy mixed up at one point (but I then shamelessly played up on my past error in deliberate hints to that effect in later posts, lest I need an 'alibi' of some kind).  Also, I was telling Moonlit and Hector to stop squabbling... not sure it would have helped or not to have them make more rational decisions, but I figured it wouldn't hurt either to be the 'reasonable' one. ;)

(And I did try to use mathematics to work out everyone's roles, at that point in the game, although the version for public consumption was deliberately sabotaged to give results in my favour.   But I'd already excluded the "two pairs" possibility, so I was wrong anyway.)

Yet to be fully confirmed, but looks like if I'd attacked Hector (something I would have done if I'd felt threatened), the game would have continued still with Moonlit in charge.  And, given the reasons I would have tried to depose Hector include that I wanted the game to end quickly, it seems it wouldn't actually have been beneficial to me!

Ok, that's at least one paragraph longer than I'd intended, so I'll leave it there for now.  Let Tomasque's round-end summary (either edited into the message three posts ago, or else appended after this) reveal all.  Also, I'm going to announce now, before I know how right or wrong I will be, that at the beginning of the next round I shall announce that I am the Evil role - just to get that particular elephant out of the room. ;)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 01, 2016, 10:34:47 am »

Also, I'm going to announce now, before I know how right or wrong I will be, that at the beginning of the next round I shall announce that I am the Evil role - just to get that particular elephant out of the room. ;)
Da heck?
The metagame just got more complicated.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 01, 2016, 11:01:01 am »

The metagame just got more complicated.
Or you can just rightfully ignore me, when I inevitably say that.  :P

(Or at least treat it as doubtfully as any contentless "Yeah, I'm a Townie" D1 statement by anyone else.  Just that if I didn't tell you that I was going to say this in advance, but said it in jest like I have been seriously (sic) tempted to do for a while now, then you might take it as gospel...)

But wait!  What if I forget to say anything about this!?!  Does that mean that I want you all to suspect me of not wanting people to suspect me?!?  Or does that mean I'm a jester, at last??? Argh! The logical loops-within-loops!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: April 01, 2016, 01:42:26 pm »

Round-end post was updated. Check it out!
Money!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 01, 2016, 03:50:29 pm »

oops. I'll add that.
Money!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 03, 2016, 12:16:40 am »

Bonus Round - Day 1
 The Underground was merry as usual, then suddenly monsters began to disappear. Suspicious piles of dust began to show up everyone. Soon it was clear what was happening - all too clear. There was someone among them who was responsible - someone who had to be brought to Justice.

This round will be using Role-Change voting. It works like normal voting - except that the voted person is not killed. Instead, their role is replaced with a role from the Replacement Pool. Neither role is revealed, and the old role is removed from the game altogether.

Note: Since there were some questions about voting last time - ones that prevailed throughout much of the round. This is a reminder that I am open to any questions about voting.

Day ends Monday, 10:00 PM PST
      ...or Tuesday, 5:00 AM GMT Heh, you're welcome.
Money!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: April 03, 2016, 12:31:37 am »

Only the lynchee has their role removed and replaced?

Does their previous role go into the replacement pool?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 03, 2016, 12:39:28 am »

The one with the most votes against them is chosen. Ties will result in no lynch.

The previous role is removed from the game entirely.
Money!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 03, 2016, 06:04:47 am »

huh.  this is an interesting round.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 237