Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 237

Author Topic: Mafia Marathon  (Read 231805 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Marathon (Semi-bastard) Round 8
« Reply #1095 on: March 20, 2016, 06:52:28 pm »

@Starver: I voted Hector.
I know, that was the "but it didn't matter" one, because Hector is apparently bulletproof.

Don't understand it, but I've got other puzzles to work out first.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 20, 2016, 08:04:07 pm »

I'm not. At least not permanently.

I'm a Security Officer. I have some armour I can wear which makes me immune to damage if I use it, 1-shot. I will neither confirm nor deny that I have used it.

I also have an auto that makes it impossible for me to lose any abilities, which is what made me think there's a thief.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 20, 2016, 09:04:30 pm »

... that's quite similar to The Moonlit Shadow's claimed ability.
~~~
Again, I'm the Historian, a Town Weakness, and I do not get the identities of votes on me (though I do know how many vote me.)
How does being a historian make you not know who voted you?
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 20, 2016, 09:19:47 pm »

Because apparently Historians have Astigmatism and can't see very well.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 20, 2016, 09:34:43 pm »

... that's quite similar to The Moonlit Shadow's claimed ability.
~~~
Again, I'm the Historian, a Town Weakness, and I do not get the identities of votes on me (though I do know how many vote me.)
How does being a historian make you not know who voted you?

Both things appear to be better directed to Tomasque, no?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: March 21, 2016, 11:01:20 am »

Night 2
 The lights dim once more. As people flee to the safety of their rooms, some chance upon the view of the new world so far in the distance. By morning, it should be close enough for the robotic scouts. Then that same evening, close enough to land on...
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 21, 2016, 05:44:38 pm »

Round 8 - Day 3
 The planet is right up ahead. No one bothers to look at it. It is almost time for landing, and still the impostor is among them. If they do not find them quickly, their safe haven will be destroyed from within.

Day end Wednesday, 4:00 PM PST
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 21, 2016, 05:47:08 pm »

Well then.
Nobody killed anybody.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: March 21, 2016, 06:29:32 pm »

Because apparently Historians have Astigmatism and can't see very well.
Apparently, you can see well enough to kick me in the head.
You can see well enough to attack someone of your choice... but you can't see well enough to see who attacks you...

I'm not buying it, TBF.
FoU has some twisted role ideas. Screw second-guessing this mechanical garbage spaghetti, I'm basing everything on reads and visible daytime behaviour.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 21, 2016, 06:36:12 pm »

Yes, I can still vote.  Otherwise I would have said.

Well, it worked at least.
Sigtext

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 21, 2016, 06:51:59 pm »

The results of my Playback on Fallacy revealed an image of "Hector".

I don't suppose this actually means anything to either of you?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 21, 2016, 06:54:27 pm »

PS:
Day end Wednesday, 4:00 PM PST
Or is that PDT?  (Either way, though, that's at least a time I should be awake, here in gold old GMT...)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 21, 2016, 06:56:00 pm »

The results of my Playback on Fallacy revealed an image of "Hector".

I don't suppose this actually means anything to either of you?

Not to me.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 21, 2016, 07:11:02 pm »

Well... I voted FoU, I imagine he voted me too. *shrugs* I didn't get told I was attacked.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 21, 2016, 07:20:12 pm »

Not to me.

Well... I voted FoU, I imagine he voted me too. *shrugs* I didn't get told I was attacked.

From what you said in the last round, I was willing to think that it was indicative of your (redirected?) attempt to vote/attack me, thus it should mean Fallacy voted-upon you.  But Fallacy claims no voting ability.  One or both of you might easily have been claiming wrongly (for whatever reason), but not both.

Maybe it's just basic interactions, then...  Had I checked you again (didn't see any value in that), maybe I'd have seen Fallacy in return?

Unless Fallacy has anything important to add, I'll go with that.  But FYI for whoever else might know to piece it all together. (And/or to fabricate a plausible yet unincriminating explanation... at this stage of the game I'm not sure it matters, though, given how Town seems to be miraculously undepleted.)
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 237