Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Roll to Ski (OPEN) Turn 2: Absolute Rudeness  (Read 1464 times)

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Roll to Ski (OPEN) Turn 2: Absolute Rudeness
« on: January 29, 2016, 12:59:42 pm »

(5) So you made it. Top of the mountain, finally. This is only your second day on skis, and the only ways down are blue at the easiest, so this might get sketchy. Welcome to the Parsenn Bowl. There's 4 trails branching off down the mountain.

Village Way
Forget-Me-Not
Parry's Peek

Vasquez Cirque Access

((In order from hardest to easiest: Double Black, Black, Blue-Black, Blue, Green))

What's your name, and where do you go?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 01:25:43 am by O.Wilde »
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Ski (0/infinity)
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 01:26:44 pm »

They call me Dickie Mo, and I'm about to show you bastards how to make your own beginner slope.

Step 1: hold on to descending ski lift.
Step 2: try to touch the ground at the same time.
Step 2a: let go at a less ominous bit if the ground can't be touched from ski lift.
Step 3: home free! Time to go up again!

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 02:28:14 pm »

The name's Mad Mark.

VASQUEZ CIRQUE ACCESS. They don't call me mad for nothing!

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 03:03:32 pm »

The name's Mad Mark.

VASQUEZ CIRQUE ACCESS. They don't call me mad for nothing!
[5] You zoom across the top of the mountain, passing up newbies like nobodies business. Ahead of you you can see South Headwall, West Headwall, and Alphabet Chutes.

Step 1: hold on to descending ski lift.
Step 2: try to touch the ground at the same time.
Step 2a: let go at a less ominous bit if the ground can't be touched from ski lift.
Step 3: home free! Time to go up again![/b]
[3] Step one goes according to plan, however you are quickly lifted off the ground and left hanging 15 feet above the hardpacked snow. About 3/4ths down the slope, you drop and [2] land poorly. There's a crunch noise from your ankle, and everything goes numb. Taking a look at your surroundings, you're now about 1000 metres from the bottom of the lift, but not the mountain, of course. You are on Edelweiss, with the option to cross over to Bluebell.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
What could pre-industrial societies do, run a bunch of cattle off a cliff? Boo fucking hoo I'll be crying for them while I just dump these litres of acidic chemicals into this river. Scrubs.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 03:19:22 pm »

South headwall! This is definitely a good plan! "Wall" is probably just an expression!

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 03:59:00 pm »

I am Timud Onnigud, rouge skier extraordinaire, and I have come here to renew the mongol conquests of olde. Prepare to defend yourselfs!

Assail skiers on Parry's Peak
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 11:34:39 pm »

I am Azthum, world renouned sabotager of all the things!

Begin sabotaging ski lifts and snapping skis. When caught, ski down the Vasquez Cirque Access!
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

O.Wilde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2016, 01:25:11 am »

South headwall! This is definitely a good plan! "Wall" is probably just an expression!
Approximately 3 seconds after you make this decision, you find it is most definitely not an expression. [1] -> [5] You catch an edge right at the top, and spend about 30 seconds tumbling head over heels over and over and over until you end up in a small pile of fluffy snow at the bottom of the wall. Everything hurts, there's snow in your coat, life is hell. You can proceed to South Basin or 100's.

Assail skiers on Parry's Peak
[4] You zoom off the lift, immediately shoving over a helpless skier. Parry's Peek whistles past you as you go, aiming for the person in front of you. [3] A quick slap with your poles and she's sent flying head over heels, buried in powder. [6] -> [6] -> [4] Your righteous attack on the skier has attracted attention. Specifically, an absolute horde of snowboarders and skiers have joined with you, terrorizing Parry's Peek. There's 13 of them. You reach a crossroads, and they look to you for guidance.

Kinnikinnic, Willett's Way, Johnstone Junction
, or continue on Parry's Peek?

Begin sabotaging ski lifts and snapping skis. When caught, ski down the Vasquez Cirque Access!
[2] You don't even manage to snap a single ski before an employee spots you and shouts at you to stop! You head for the Cirque. [2] Unfortunately, you miss the turn and end up on Village Way. Looking behind you, [3] it looks like only one person is following, and they seem to be losing ground. You can continue down Larkspur, Sky Pilot, Village Way, or Belle Fourche.

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Ski (OPEN) Turn 2: Absolute Rudeness
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2016, 12:31:49 pm »

Ski down Larkspur, smacking into anyone I can!
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2016, 02:57:31 pm »

It doesn't even have letters, so it must be crazy

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2016, 04:34:01 pm »

In an attempt to inspire his new found army Timud quotes Genghis Khan himself!

'The real greatest pleasure of men is to repress rebels and defeat enemies, to exterminate them and grab everything they have; to see their married women crying, to ride on their steeds with smooth backs, to treat their beautiful queens and concubines as pajamas and pillows, to stare and kiss their rose-colored faces and to suck their sweet lips of nipple-colored,'

Timud then rides off to assail the poor souls on Johnstone Junction army in tow.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 04:50:40 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM